Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: 2015 Genesis Fuse Size
    Cars in my garage

Default 2015 Genesis Fuse Size

Members don't see this ad
    I'm having the worst time trying to figure out the correct fuse size for my 2015 Genesis. I saw a thread on here for an older model (2012?) where someone was having a hard time finding anybody who knew the size, but someone finally answered "ATM". I just bought some ATM fuses today, and guess what -- they're way too big.

Does anybody know the right size for the 2015 Genesis? For fuses smaller than ATM, I've seen reference to MICRO, MICRO2, MICRO3, and LPMINI. I'm stumped. :-)

Thanks,

-Bryan

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: 2015 Genesis Fuse Size

According to page 7-61 of the 2015 Owner's Manual, three kinds of fuses are used:
    • blade type for lower amperage rating,
    • cartridge type, and
    • fusible link for higher amperage ratings.

But the pics also show a Multi-fuse type also.

I would go to a dealer parts department and ask them about what they called. If you want to buy a few, they are about $1-$3 each depending on type and size.

Here is listing on eBay for one of the mini-fuses. I got the Hyundai part number from the official Hyundai parts catalog.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/HYUNDAI-OEM-...BWvBau&vxp=mtr

Mladen5375 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Pittsburgh, PA
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bryandowen View Post
    I'm having the worst time trying to figure out the correct fuse size for my 2015 Genesis. I saw a thread on here for an older model (2012?) where someone was having a hard time finding anybody who knew the size, but someone finally answered "ATM". I just bought some ATM fuses today, and guess what -- they're way too big.

Does anybody know the right size for the 2015 Genesis? For fuses smaller than ATM, I've seen reference to MICRO, MICRO2, MICRO3, and LPMINI. I'm stumped. :-)

Thanks,

-Bryan
    They are Micro 2 fuses

Cars in my garage

+1 on "Micro2" fuses -- I can confirm this. I finally tracked some down on Amazon.com.

I don't know why the manual doesn't say this anywhere. You can't tell it by looking at the OEM part #s either. OEM is 3x-10x more expensive than buying through Amazon. It's almost like they want you to pay a whole bunch of money for your fuses. :-)

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryandowen View Post
    OEM is 3x-10x more expensive than buying through Amazon. It's almost like they want you to pay a whole bunch of money for your fuses. :-)
    Anything one buys at a dealer parts department is going to be more expensive. It has been estimated, that if one had to buy all the parts that were used to make a car through a dealer parts department (for any brand of car), the sum total of parts would cost 5 times more than the MSRP of the car. There are a lot of reasons for this, many of them legitimate.