Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Found a Montecito Genesis, But... (Scratches)
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    ghost is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: No Genesis Yet!
    Cars in my garage

Default Found a Montecito Genesis, But Need Advice..

Members don't see this ad
    Hi,

I'm currently in the market for a 2015/2016 Genesis AWD. I just saw a Montecito color one, but there are apparently scratches on the front of the vehicle (picture attached). Are the scratches a lost cause to have repaired or are they fixable? And if so how much?
    Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ghost; 03-14-2017 at 08:04 AM.

tuckerdog1 is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: 2015 2G 5.0
    I live in TEXAS
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Found a Montecito Genesis, But Need Advice..

Personally, unless the car was a freakin steal, I'd keep looking. Even used, these cars cost too much to accept that.

Just my .02

Tuckerdog1
    In my Genesis garage: 2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan

dougmcp is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: 1G Genesis Sedan
    I live in Plumas Lake, CALIFORNIA
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Found a Montecito Genesis, But... (Scratches)

Pretty hard to tell from the photo but it almost looks like someone slid a cardboard box on the hood/front fascia.
    Also looks like a high miler because there are quite a few rock chips etc on the front.
    All of those can certainly be fixed by a good body shop but the scratches are deep enough to require some prep and paint as it's gone through to the primer level.
    Is this a dealer sale or private? If private, have it checked out by the Hyundai dealer first.
    In my Genesis garage: 2013 Hyundai Genesis Sedan

greekgeek is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 Ultimate
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by tuckerdog1 View Post
    Personally, unless the car was a freakin steal, I'd keep looking. Even used, these cars cost too much to accept that.

Just my .02

Tuckerdog1

Looks like scuffs on the clear coat, see it it buffs out by hand with some scratch remover. If it goes through the paint then forget it, need the hood sprayed and panels. Clear coat will never be as good as factory.

Cars in my garage

Just my .02

Tuckerdog1
    Quote Originally Posted by dougmcp View Post
    Pretty hard to tell from the photo but it almost looks like someone slid a cardboard box on the hood/front fascia.
    Also looks like a high miler because there are quite a few rock chips etc on the front.
    All of those can certainly be fixed by a good body shop but the scratches are deep enough to require some prep and paint as it's gone through to the primer level.
    Is this a dealer sale or private? If private, have it checked out by the Hyundai dealer first.
    It's a 2015 ultimate with 30,000 miles for $29k. It is at the dealership. I'm not sure if that's a steal, good deal, or not. I've been trying to find an awd ultimate under $30k everywhere, but its been hard. I don't know if it would be better to just keep searching. There have been a couple awd technology packages for around $28k (grey, black colors).

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by ghost View Post
    It's a 2015 ultimate with 30,000 miles for $29k. It is at the dealership. I'm not sure if that's a steal, good deal, or not. I've been trying to find an awd ultimate under $30k everywhere, but its been hard. I don't know if it would be better to just keep searching. There have been a couple awd technology packages for around $28k (grey, black colors).
    Tell the dealer to repair it, and you will make them an offer on it.

I live in TEXAS
    Cars in my garage

This is where I stood 5 weeks ago:

Tomorrow going to look at a used ( 10,000 mi ) 2016 3.8 AWD ultimate. Nothing around to compare it to, except a couple RWD 2015 ultimates with slightly higher milage ( 17k & 24k ). The 2015s have both been offered at approx $32k ( one a little under, the other a little over ) before any real negotiations have begun. The 2016 AWD is listed at $37,500. The website has a tab for getting a "big whoop" price. So I suspect they are willing to come down a bit. I'd prefer the 2016 over the others, but not sure it's $5k more car. What does the AWD option cost? What do you all think is a fair price?
    The AWDs are pretty scarce around here as well. Not exactly an apple & apple comparison. 2015 vs 2016-10K miles vs 30K miles. I think I "could" have brought the price to maybe $35K. A $6K or so savings might be worth giving up a model year & 20K miles. But as Mark says, ask them to fix it and make an offer. Is it CPO?

Just curious, what color interior?

Tuckerdog1

jarred52 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Found a Montecito Genesis, But... (Scratches)

To me it looks like the car went through a bad automatic car wash. A body shop may be able to wet sand and polish out the scratches if they did not go through the clear coat. I agree with Mark; ask the dealer to fix the scratches then you will talk price. Dealers regularly repair scratches on their used inventory.

Cars in my garage

This is where I stood 5 weeks ago:

The AWDs are pretty scarce around here as well. Not exactly an apple & apple comparison. 2015 vs 2016-10K miles vs 30K miles. I think I "could" have brought the price to maybe $35K. A $6K or so savings might be worth giving up a model year & 20K miles. But as Mark says, ask them to fix it and make an offer. Is it CPO?

Just curious, what color interior?

Tuckerdog1
    It is not a CPO. The interior is Ivory. I'm thinking if they could come down to $28k it could be a good deal. I came across a black 2015 awd ultimate couple weeks back that was $30k w/ 30,000 miles. That one too had some but on the side rear.

I live in TEXAS
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    It is not a CPO. The interior is Ivory. I'm thinking if they could come down to $28k it could be a good deal. I came across a black 2015 awd ultimate couple weeks back that was $30k w/ 30,000 miles. That one too had some but on the side rear.
    Montecito blue & ivory. I like that combo.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast