Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Talk about exclusivity
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Talk about exclusivity

Members don't see this ad
    Sedans are loosing market share, even in the luxury brands. They now account for less than half of sales for Lexus and Acura (not sure about MB and BMW). Talking about USA sales only. CUV/SUV's have pretty much taken over.

Where I live, if I go shopping anywhere, about 75% of all vehicles in the store parking lot are CUV/SUV's. I see lot's of Acura, BMW, and MB CUV/SUV's where I live, but also the ubiquitous Honda CRV and Toyota RAV4. The new Honda Pilot is also popular.

Riley2323 is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: 2017 G90 Ultimate, Caspian Black
    I live in Connecticut
    Cars in my garage

Assuming AWD, the only difference between an SUV/CUV and sedans is clearance, barring the 5th row cars. Focus on ground clearance and AWD sedans would make a comeback.

I don't understand why the car makers don't market the feature to temporarily increase the clearance significantly. I believe Jeep has it for their Grand Cherokee line. A feature to go from the ridiculously low 5.1" up to 18"- 24" temporarily and at low speed with AWD would solve most off-road problems and give peace of mind in the winter. I think of the lowriders bouncing up and down with hydraulics and laugh.

But if you could get true adjustable suspensions to lift the car up, it would be a nice feature. Stopped (custom ground clearance); I think I would choose higher than the 5.1" to make it easier to exit the car. Under 10mph, keep it at a 12" clearance; no more scraping when entering a road with a severe change in grade, or when exiting a downhill driveway. Inclement weather under 25mph, keep it at 18" ground clearance. 35mph to 55mph drop it to 8". 55mph to 75mph drop it to 5". Greater than 75mph, drop it to 3". And of course ground radar to prevent one from doing something stupid.

You just need to make it through parking lots, driveways, the ends of driveways, the occasional median section, and standing water here and there. Or you need to make it through feeder roads prior to plow trucks doing their business. But having adjustable ground clearance would be so nice on the G90 or any AWD vehicle. I would have everything I could need in a car with that.

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Riley2323 View Post
    Assuming AWD, the only difference between an SUV/CUV and sedans is clearance, barring the 5th row cars. Focus on ground clearance and AWD sedans would make a comeback.
    It is not even close to being the case that all SUV/CUV's are AWD. In places where it seldom snows (or never snows), the majority of them sold are FWD (a few are RWD). Try checking dealer inventory in cities like Atlanta, Dallas, Los Angeles, etc and points south of those cities (and even north of those cities in some cases).

Also, the main benefit of the SUV/CUV's are extra storage capacity for those trips to Home Depot or Costco for larger items, etc. Some of them have 3rd row seating for larger families with small children. I don't think road clearance is a big factor at all as to why most people buy them, as relatively few are driven off-road these days. Some people do like the higher seating position and better view of the road, but not necessarily more road clearance under the vehicle.

DUKES103 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G90
    I live in Massachusetts
    Cars in my garage

picked up my 2017 G90 Ultimate. white AWD, V8
    simply love the car
    haven't seen one G90 ( Boston or even south Florida) since at least as far back as November when I started to get interested in the car. As a matter of fact haven't seen any G80's either

forzza1 is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis G90
    I live in Toronto, Canada
    Cars in my garage

I picked up my 3.3T G90 a few weeks ago and absolutely love this car. I do extensive hwy driving and have't seen any G90 yet.
    This is the quietest and smoothest car I have ever owned so far!
    2017 Genesis G90 3.3T HTRAC
    Casablanca White on Brown Nappa Leather
    2015 Genesis 5.0 HTrac - sold
    2013 Genesis 5.0 R-Spec - sold
    2012 Genesis 5.0 R-Spec - sold
    2009 BMW 750i - sold
    2008 BMW 750i - sold
    2006 BMW 750i - sold
    2004 BMW 745i - Sold
    ....and many others

GenesisYEG is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G90 5.0 Ultimate
    I live in Edmonton, Alberta
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    I get a ton of looks when I'm driving the G90. Plenty of people have walked up to car to gawk at it/ask questions. It definitely is a head-turner!
    Currently Driving: 2018 Genesis G80 Sport AWD
    Previous: Genesis G90 5.0 Ultimate AWD, Genesis G80 3.8 Tech AWD, Porsche 911 Carrera 4S

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123