Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: G80 Lease. Real deal?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Davidffei is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: No Genesis Yet!
    I live in Northeast
    Cars in my garage

Default G80 Lease. Real deal?

Members don't see this ad
    Hi:

After many years of leasing a Lexus, I test drove the G80 and love it and its affordability. I have been pricing it out and have gotten such varying quotes on a 36 month lease with NO money down including the 7% tax. Only cost is first month. One dealer quoted an AWD base ($45,020 MSRP) for $518 per month.

Another dealer quoted me a MSRP of $42,590 discounted to $34,700 and a lease payment of $399 (all in with only making first payment). Is that a real deal? The first dealer is near me but the cheaper one is quite far and I would hate going there only to find out that it's not real. If it's real, I would push my local dealer to give me that same deal. Would appreciate anyone's advice. Thanks in advance.

balfor is online now Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in CA
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: G80 Lease. Real deal?

Looks like you are comparing two different cars, the first has at least one package and the second is a stripped base RWD? In any case the first deal is mediocre but the second deal looks pretty good, I would have them put it in writing and assuming they are in the same state as you if they play games you could have a legal claim against them for false advertising.

As an aside, I've had 7 Lexus cars in my life and highly recommend the Genesis, great car. My wife still has a Lexus RX350 and it's junk compared to my car.

flight13 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Valencia, CA
    Cars in my garage

I think $399 is probably possible. I'm at $425/mo with only first month drive off for 36/12 on a base 2017 G80. It's been 3 months since I got mine so incentives/money factor could have changed.

volnedan is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

There are still deals to be had on the G80, even though they won't be as good as the 2016 models when it was still a Hyundai. Many dealers are offering Circle Pricing, which is Hyundai's employee discount, with lease incentives on top. I'd be surprised if you were to pay more than $400/mo on a base AWD G80.

For example, last month I got a few quotes for a coworker, 36 mos & 15k mi/yr:
    G80 AWD base - $450/mo
    G80 AWD Premium - $480
    $1000 total due at signing, and payment includes 6% MI sales tax.

The deals weren't that great last month, but as we get close to the 2018 model release, I'm sure the deal will improve.
    2016 Genesis AWD

AustinTX is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2015 Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan RWD (2G)
    I live in Austin, TX
    Cars in my garage

I got vastly varying lease deals on the same car, from different dealers.

I emailed about 20 dealers within 200 miles of my home, with the exact specifications of what I wanted.

Offers were from $719/month to $434/month - on the same car. All dealers got the same parameters, so all pricing was based on the same vehicle (Ultimate model).

I had the "winning bidder" confirm to me in writing that the quote I was provided was the final, out the door price, including all fees, taxes, title and license.

No tricks when I sat down to sign the papers, they offered a bunch of add-ons which I declined, they were not pushy about that though.

I'm happy with the deal I got, not with the car though ... that's not the dealers fault - the issues with my car are on Hyundai.
    2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 RWD Ultimate - Ibiza Blue/Ivory

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/413026.png
    In my Genesis garage: 2015 Hyundai Genesis

as400guy is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Austin, TX
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by AustinTX View Post

I'm happy with the deal I got, not with the car though ... that's not the dealers fault - the issues with my car are on Hyundai.
    I'm curious what problems you are having with the car. Is it a 2017?
    2017 Genesis G80
    Austin, TX
    In my Genesis garage: 2017 Genesis G80

AustinTX is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2015 Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan RWD (2G)
    I live in Austin, TX
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by as400guy View Post
    I'm curious what problems you are having with the car. Is it a 2017?
    My car is a 2015, which i virtually identical to the 2016 and 2017 models. No one can tell the difference if you remove the G80 badge from the back.

My car wobbles around the street even after Hyundai replaced all four tires with new ones (same brand and model tires, which is known to cause issues) - the steering wheel shakes at all speeds. Had the car aligned, wheels balanced 5 times (including on machines used for high precision Porsche and Ferrari wheel balancing) - The vibration in the steering wheel is numbing (literally, my hands start to tingle and get numb) after a few hours of driving - which for me luckily doesn't happen to often.

At idle, the car vibrates as if a Magic Wand was stuck under each seat. It gets worse when the A/C compressor is working, with kind of a rhythmic "up and down" that can be felt in the seats and the steering wheel. According to the Hyundai regional service person, that is "normal" for a Genesis - the $16,000 Chevy Cruze rental car I had for four weeks while the dealer was trying to sort out issues with my car didn't exhibit vibration issues at idle or while driving.

I get a new vehicle every 2-3 years, depending on how long I decide to lease an individual car. I can say with absolute certainty that the Genesis is the worst car I have had since a 1997 Plymouth Grand Voyager (company car, leased by my employer). The cars I had before the Voyager were better than the Genesis too. On the Voyager, the driver side windshield wiper came off at 65 mph on a 4 lane highway in a big rainstorm - that's why it wins.

Most of my frustration is due to Hyundai's unwillingness to actually address the issues I (and some others here on the forum) have been experiencing. The tire issue has a 30+ page thread in the 2015-2016 forum, the vibration issue has actually gotten a few people to the point where they (successfully) got lawyers involved to return the vehicle to Hyundai (buyback). The service departments will try the cheapest patch they can find, or simply declare the issue "normal".

Since you are in Austin, you are very welcome to have a drive in my car as see for yourself what Hyundai considers "normal". I hate getting into this vehicle, every time I start to drive somewhere I get reminded of how bad this thing drives. Feel free to PM me to set up a drive, I can meet you in north Austin to show you what I am talking about.

Things don't always work 100% - that's when the service experience comes in. If I have an issue and the manufacturer takes care of me, I'm happy. If I have to bring in the car 4-5 times for the same issue, the issue gets confirmed, and then declared "normal", my patience wears thin ...

MadCat is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis V8 5.0 Ultimate
    I live in Brooklyn, NY
    Cars in my garage

My car is a 2015, which i virtually identical to the 2016 and 2017 models. No one can tell the difference if you remove the G80 badge from the back.

My car wobbles around the street even after Hyundai replaced all four tires with new ones (same brand and model tires, which is known to cause issues) - the steering wheel shakes at all speeds. Had the car aligned, wheels balanced 5 times (including on machines used for high precision Porsche and Ferrari wheel balancing) - The vibration in the steering wheel is numbing (literally, my hands start to tingle and get numb) after a few hours of driving - which for me luckily doesn't happen to often.

At idle, the car vibrates as if a Magic Wand was stuck under each seat. It gets worse when the A/C compressor is working, with kind of a rhythmic "up and down" that can be felt in the seats and the steering wheel. According to the Hyundai regional service person, that is "normal" for a Genesis - the $16,000 Chevy Cruze rental car I had for four weeks while the dealer was trying to sort out issues with my car didn't exhibit vibration issues at idle or while driving.

I get a new vehicle every 2-3 years, depending on how long I decide to lease an individual car. I can say with absolute certainty that the Genesis is the worst car I have had since a 1997 Plymouth Grand Voyager (company car, leased by my employer). The cars I had before the Voyager were better than the Genesis too. On the Voyager, the driver side windshield wiper came off at 65 mph on a 4 lane highway in a big rainstorm - that's why it wins.

Most of my frustration is due to Hyundai's unwillingness to actually address the issues I (and some others here on the forum) have been experiencing. The tire issue has a 30+ page thread in the 2015-2016 forum, the vibration issue has actually gotten a few people to the point where they (successfully) got lawyers involved to return the vehicle to Hyundai (buyback). The service departments will try the cheapest patch they can find, or simply declare the issue "normal".

Since you are in Austin, you are very welcome to have a drive in my car as see for yourself what Hyundai considers "normal". I hate getting into this vehicle, every time I start to drive somewhere I get reminded of how bad this thing drives. Feel free to PM me to set up a drive, I can meet you in north Austin to show you what I am talking about.

Things don't always work 100% - that's when the service experience comes in. If I have an issue and the manufacturer takes care of me, I'm happy. If I have to bring in the car 4-5 times for the same issue, the issue gets confirmed, and then declared "normal", my patience wears thin ...
    You really need to sell the car and buy something else. Thats enough, stop posting in every tread how unlucky you are. One car doesn't represent the whole brand. If you got a lemon why not to ask Hyundai to buy it back?

2015 Genesis V8 5.0 Ultimate
    G80 Full LED Headlight System
    K&N Drop In Filters
    Niche Wheels
    2017 Mercedes Benz AMG C43 Coupe

SOLD:
    2016 Mercedes AMG C450
    2014 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Ultimate Black
    2015 Hyundai Sonata 2.4 Limited
    In my Genesis garage: 2015 Hyundai Genesis V8 Ultimate

I live in Austin, TX
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by MadCat View Post
    You really need to sell the car and buy something else. Thats enough, stop posting in every tread how unlucky you are. One car doesn't represent the whole brand. If you got a lemon why not to ask Hyundai to buy it back?
    Someone asked "I'm curious what problems you are having with the car. Is it a 2017?" so I answered their question, I don't just randomly post things in unrelated threads.

My car is a lease - I'm stuck with it for almost 2 more years. I would love to be rid of this thing, as it gets worse every day. I have contacted Hyundai more times than I want to recall, their last word was "this is normal", both from the dealership and form the Hyundai corporate representative. If they are willing to make my car drivable, I will shut up - hell, I'll even sing their praises. So far all they do is try to leave me with a $50,000 "luxury car" that wobbles around the streets of Texas worse than the $15,000 loaner car they gave when for a month when they attempted to "fix" my issues.

Feel free to ignore my posts, or to put me on your ignore list. My posts are on the topic of the Genesis/G80 forum and when people ask me to share my experience, I will share.

MadCat is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis V8 5.0 Ultimate
    I live in Brooklyn, NY
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    Someone asked "I'm curious what problems you are having with the car. Is it a 2017?" so I answered their question, I don't just randomly post things in unrelated threads.

My car is a lease - I'm stuck with it for almost 2 more years. I would love to be rid of this thing, as it gets worse every day. I have contacted Hyundai more times than I want to recall, their last word was "this is normal", both from the dealership and form the Hyundai corporate representative. If they are willing to make my car drivable, I will shut up - hell, I'll even sing their praises. So far all they do is try to leave me with a $50,000 "luxury car" that wobbles around the streets of Texas worse than the $15,000 loaner car they gave when for a month when they attempted to "fix" my issues.

Feel free to ignore my posts, or to put me on your ignore list. My posts are on the topic of the Genesis/G80 forum and when people ask me to share my experience, I will share.
    Trade it in.
    In my Genesis garage: 2015 Hyundai Genesis V8 Ultimate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast