Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Genesis GV80 Concept
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Genesis Motors is offline Genesis Motors Forum What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Royal Palm Beach, Florida
    Cars in my garage

Post Genesis GV80 Concept

Members don't see this ad

- Genesis further defines “Athletic Elegance” design language in innovative and high-tech SUV concept
    - Advanced plug-in hydrogen fuel cell powertrain delivers truly refined performance
    - GV80 Concept explores a progressive approach to personal experience

NEW YORK, April 12, 2017 – Today, the progressive Genesis GV80 Concept SUV is unveiled at the New York International Auto Show. The new fuel cell concept SUV continues to build on the global brand’s expressive and refined ‘Athletic Elegance’ design direction. The GV80 Concept reveals precision details and a confidently evolved design language that provides subtle glimpses into the bold future of Genesis’ design and product development.

The GV80 Concept is the brand’s first interpretation of a versatile luxury SUV, which strikes a perfect balance between elegance and versatility. On the exterior, this is seen in the concept’s confident posture and athletic prowess, while the spacious interior indulges passengers and immerses them in technology that connects them to the vehicle. Recognizing the brand’s global impact, the GV80 Concept utilizes the latest plug-in hydrogen fuel cell electric technology to combine eco-performance and capability, all skillfully designed to fulfill the needs and explore the escapes of the urban adventurer. Genesis will continue to study the benefits of similar alternative propulsion systems and eco-friendly technologies for future product applications.

“The GV80 Concept is a SUV that alludes to the confidence and evolution of the Genesis brand – its design is timeless, with an understated yet dynamic overall surface complexity,” said Head of Genesis Design, Luc Donckerwolke. “These are all characteristics that embody Genesis products and delicately reflect distinctive elements, which you’ll continue to see in future models from our brand.” Read the full article...

Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!

Get your Genesis for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

Visit the Genesis Owners Group on Facebook and Google Plus!

Help support our community. For as little as $4.00 per month, you can help us pay our server bills,
    software bills, licensing, renewal & upgrade fees and more... Click here for more information.
    In my Genesis garage: 2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan

Lord Humunculous is online now Supporting Member What I drive: 2G Genesis V6 HTRAC
    I live in Texas
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Genesis GV80 Concept

pretty hot imo
    2016 V6 Ultimate AWD Montecito/Ivory

Ragnar is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: 2G Genesis Sedan
    Cars in my garage

This is said to be a photo shopped image of their Hydrogen fuel cell concept car.

suntzuaow is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan
    I live in Outside the nation's Capital
    Cars in my garage

Horrible, Genesis is going on its third year and all it can do is release concepts. The G80/Hyundai Genesis is going on year 5. They are slow rolling and will soon fade out of peoples memories if they don't come out with something stand outish. Aka a 600hp + G80, M5, AMG, CTS-V killer.

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by suntzuaow View Post
    Horrible, Genesis is going on its third year and all it can do is release concepts. The G80/Hyundai Genesis is going on year 5. They are slow rolling and will soon fade out of peoples memories if they don't come out with something stand outish. Aka a 600hp + G80, M5, AMG, CTS-V killer.
    The current generation of the Genesis G80 sedan was first introduced in 2015 (as Hyundai Genesis), so not 5 years yet. Genesis Motors is only in its first year in the US.

The G80 Sport with TT will be coming out in a few months.

Genesis Motors will be rolling out a G70 (smaller sedan), and two SUV/CUV models, in the next couple of years.

MadCat is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis V8 5.0 Ultimate
    I live in Brooklyn, NY
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by suntzuaow View Post
    Completely agree. Hyundai Motor company just teasing us with vehicles but none can be actually purchased, yet. 2018 G80, NY Concept, now GV Concept, 2018 Sonata, 2018 Elantra GT, Ioniq. All of the above, except for the concepts, are available around the world, but not in the US.

2015 Genesis V8 5.0 Ultimate
    G80 Full LED Headlight System
    K&N Drop In Filters
    Niche Wheels
    2017 Mercedes Benz AMG C43 Coupe

SOLD:
    2016 Mercedes AMG C450
    2014 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Ultimate Black
    2015 Hyundai Sonata 2.4 Limited
    In my Genesis garage: 2015 Hyundai Genesis V8 Ultimate

YEH is offline Registered Member What I drive: In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    I live in NYC/MD
    Cars in my garage

Majorly disappointed by Luc Donkerwolke's design team - aside from the interior (the positioning of the display will likely have to be changed), can't say that anything else is even remotely appealing.

People need to be a little more patient.

The G80 Sport is hitting the dealerships now and we should be seeing the G70 in the not so distant future (then followed by the larger of the 2 crossovers).

It's not like Hyundai has been like Toyota with the Lexus GS and LS (incredibly slow to update power-trains, much less launch the new generation).

What we do know is that beyond the initially planned 6 model Genesis lineup - G90, G80, G70, G80-based crossover, G70-based crossover and entry-level coupe based on the G70, Hyundai has at least 1 EV and/or fuel cell planned for Genesis (in all likelihood in a crossover body-style if the product planners at Genesis are smart) and a halo Gran Turismo.

https://www.motor1.com/news/142473/g...del-confirmed/

So that's 8 or 9 new models (including the next gen G80) in a relatively short order of time (Toyota didn't launch Lexus models anywhere close to the pace Hyundai has for Genesis).
    Last edited by YEH; 04-14-2017 at 07:01 PM.

Genesis Motors is offline Genesis Motors Forum What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Royal Palm Beach, Florida
    Cars in my garage

Genesis is still very new in the U.S. While we'd love an M5 killer hardly anyone is expecting this so early in the game. They need to prove the brand is viable before they start throwing every type of vehicle into the mix. That's how business works.

Concepts? Nothing new. Can you imagine how all the GM enthusiasts feel about these concepts that will never happen?

In my Genesis garage: 2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan

dhb220 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

I'm in the minority here (from what I read above). I like the design. It doesn't really look like they copied everything else on the market and Genesis is starting to form it's own design methodology. Very fluid with clean lines and consistent themes. I see this concept and realize what will be changed prior to production - side mirrors, 5 person seating, head and tail lights, and aggressive styling cues on pillars and tires will be removed, etc. The interior will change even more dramatically and probably feature a 10 inch screen since this is a GV80 (they most likely will not outclass what is available in a G90 sedan, for example). However, the overall silhouette of this vehicle is nice and should compete well against Lexus, BMW, Audi, and Infiniti. I do agree with everyone else in one area - let's move from concept cars to new production vehicles ASAP. SUV sales are quite high at the moment and Hyundai/Genesis is missing out in the luxury segment. I hope they do a GV70 soon as the price point should make the offering more attractive for an early brand name....

Advocate225 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Philadelphia
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    I'm looking forward to seeing the GV80 concept when I visit the New York Auto Show this Saturday. I find it far easier to slide in and out of crossovers than sedans due to four herniated lumber discs so replacing my Hyundai Genesis with a Genesis G80 is not in the cards. Trying to look past the concept and try to envision what the production model may look like I'd have to say that the basic lines of the GV80 are appealing.
    2009 Genesis 3.8 Premium Black/Black
    2017 Tucson AWD Ultimate White/Saddle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast