Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Extended Warranty
    Cars in my garage

Default Extended Warranty

Members don't see this ad
    2015 V6 AWD Ultimate Empire Gray/Black Interior
    Build Date April 16 2014

2015 Sonata Sport 2.0t Black Limited package
    Build Date July 21 2014

Yoda1 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2G Genesis Sedan
    I live in BFE
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Extended Warranty

Hi Ernie,

Reading the other extended warranty threads, it appears Mateo was no longer at First Hyundai. Is he back now? Would you mind sharing the numbers for the 2015 V6 AWD? Was it in the sub 1400 range?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie3647 View Post

Cars in my garage

When I purchased my 2015 Genesis extended warranty I got it from a dealer in Georgia which if you've followed the warranty threads you'll know which one. My cousin recently purchased a 2017 Genesis AWD Ultimate and I called that dealer for an estimate. He gave me a quote of $2495.00 with a $100.00 deductable. That same person sold me two warranties for my Genesis and my Sonata. The Genesis warranty was $1295.00 with a $100.00 deductable. Quite a difference wouldn't you say? His explanation for that price was "Those cars have very complex systems". At that point I knew that he was not the person to deal with. After going again through the warranty threads I made note of the dealers and started calling. When I tried First Hyundai I was looking for a different contact according to that post. I was told this person Mateo was now the finance manager so I asked for him. Remember we're talking about a 2017 Genesis with 400 miles on it not a 2015. He quoted me a price just under $1400.00 with a deductable of $100.00. and just under $1500.00 with no deductable. I thought that quite reasonable told my cousin so and he went with the no deductable option. I hope this helps.

chris41 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Ultimate
    I live in Cleveland
    Cars in my garage

How long was the warranty extended?

Cars in my garage

The car already has a factory warranty of 10 years or 100,000 miles on major mechanicals (engine, transmission etc.)
    The extended warranty adds, 10 years, 100,000 miles of "bumper to bumper" coverage

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie3647 View Post
    The car already has a factory warranty of 10 years or 100,000 miles on major mechanicals (engine, transmission etc.)
    The extended warranty adds, 10 years, 100,000 miles of "bumper to bumper" coverage
    I realize you know this, but just to clarify for others:

The 10 year - 100K mile warranty is on the "powertrain" components, but only available to the original purchaser, unless the used car was sold as a CPO car by a Hyundai dealer. The longer powertrain warranty is offered by HMA, and not available in most other countries (even for the same car).