Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Mats

Thread: Mats

Doktormoo is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G90
    I live in Grand Rapids, MI
    Cars in my garage

Default Mats

Members don't see this ad
    Anyone get WeatherTechs for their G90? I see they offer FRONT ones, do they make back? I had a good experience with their set on my Infiniti FX50S. Thanks.

J Mag is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G90
    I live in Des Moines, IA
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Mats

Mats are hard to find. I ordered and attempted to install the Hexomat from Auto Anything and they simply did not fit. I own the G90 3.3T AWD and perhaps that is the issue. It seems there is a fitment issue and it must specify AWD to get the correct fit. I am giving up on the usual makers and I have just ordered a universal mat from Groupon. For $20 for 4 mats I'll take a chance. Good Luck.

Coloradan is offline Supporting Member What I drive: Genesis G90
    I live in Colorado (Front Range)
    Cars in my garage

Doktormoo: Weathertech has just put on the market laser-fit FloorLiners for the G90, but front ones only, and AWD only. I've looked at American Floor Mats' website (americanfloormats.com) and they have mats in a wide range of carpet qualities for the G90, but RWD only. They have fronts, rears, and trunk mats, all fitted, but if you have AWD, then you can only get a fitted trunk mat.

I got the Weathertech FloorLiners for my AWD G90, and they're great. Perfect fit, and about the only thing that really keeps the snow from causing havoc when I take the Genny out to the ski slopes. (Thank goodness for that ski pass-through into the trunk!)

Cars in my garage

Thanks. What kind of bag do you use for your skis? We live in Michigan and love to ski, too. I remember BMW (and Audi,I think) have (had) bags for their pass throughs to keep the interior dry and prevent scratches on the interior. This forum is useful.

Cars in my garage

I use a Volkl Expandable Single Ski bag. It's completely waterproof, and sufficiently insulated to present a completely soft surface to those parts of the interior that it touches. But be careful not to ram it in from the trunk. I did that, and even though I'd carefully lowered the armrest and door, I nevertheless knocked out the latch for the door between trunk and passenger compartment. It only took a minute or two to re-install the latch, but it taught me to drag the loaded ski bag from the passenger compartment, pulling it, rather than push it from behind the car. It works great.
    Daniel Kagan

Cars in my garage

WOW, that looks great. I see one on line at skis.com for about $80. Do you know if the G90 (mine will not be here until 5/19/17 or so) can accommodate TWO of these (four skis and four poles) via the pass through? I see that Volkl makes a DOUBLE SKI Bag and apparently it has wheels (not sure that would be useful, though). Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate the information on this forum.

jsmit86 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Elgin, IL
    Cars in my garage

Does HMA have OEM all weather mats for G90? I have the OEM for my 2015 3.8 AWD, and while they are not quite Weather Tech liners, they do a great job, and fit perfectly.
    2015 Genesis Signature 3.8 AWD
    Montecito Blue/Beige Interior

Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    I doubt that the G90 pass-through would accommodate two pairs of skis and poles. I haven't tried it, so I can't be sure, but I do know that when I put my one pair through (with poles, in padded bag) it's fairly tight.