Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: 5.0, or Sport?
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 5.0, or Sport?

Genesis_2016 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2015 5.0 Ultimate
    I live in Canada
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: 5.0, or Sport?

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinTX View Post
    $61,000 is the list price for an Audi A6 3.0T quattro Prestige - no discounts or special offers. That's a much better car in every respect.

If you heart is set on the Genesis 3.3T Sport, get a quote for an A6 Prestige from a local dealer (discounts and all) and take that to your Hyundai dealer and ask them why you should buy the Hyundai over the Audi at the same price. The only reason to get a Hyundai over a German brand or Lexus is the lower price.

That dealer must be on something really good - and anyone who pays above list price (or even list price for that matter) for a Hyundai must be on something equally good. Not sure if I want to try what they're on though, seems to cause some serious issues ...
    The audi a6 might have a nicer interior and better craftsmanship but it looks like shit. Obviously just my opinion but I truly believe the g80 sport looks nicer then all of its competitors. E class, bmw 5 series, Audi a6 ect.
    In my Genesis garage: 2015 Hyundai Sedan Ultimate

jailer is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis_2016 View Post
    The audi a6 might have a nicer interior and better craftsmanship but it looks like shit. Obviously just my opinion but I truly believe the g80 sport looks nicer then all of its competitors. E class, bmw 5 series, Audi a6 ect.
    That's funny you say that.... because I am a big German car fan here..... and while the Genesis is'nt finely tuned like the competition, (we'll see on the Sport)..... the freakin' Genesis body kicks serious ass over the others...... even the new 5 series if you look at all of these cars from side profile, etc.... Very surprised how good they got the majority of the body. They beat almost everybody. But need to lighten up, maybe stiffen up a little, better suspension and this 3.3....... they would be climbing up a league.

AUDI A6 WITH SAME OPTIONS..... would be closer to $70K

GenesisYEG is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G90 5.0 Ultimate
    I live in Edmonton, Alberta
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by jailer View Post
    That's funny you say that.... because I am a big German car fan here..... and while the Genesis is'nt finely tuned like the competition, (we'll see on the Sport)..... the freakin' Genesis body kicks serious ass over the others...... even the new 5 series if you look at all of these cars from side profile, etc.... Very surprised how good they got the majority of the body. They beat almost everybody. But need to lighten up, maybe stiffen up a little, better suspension and this 3.3....... they would be climbing up a league.

AUDI A6 WITH SAME OPTIONS..... would be closer to $70K
    I've only personally owned German vehicles and the G80 is seriously up there with Audi as well as MB and BMW. Sure, the Germans tend to offer more precise handling and the G80 needs to go on a bit of a diet (haven't driven the G80 Sport yet, however) but I wouldn't discount the G80 whatsoever. I have already recommend it to my clients and friends that are pro-German cars.
    Currently Driving: 2018 Genesis G80 Sport AWD
    Previous: Genesis G90 5.0 Ultimate AWD, Genesis G80 3.8 Tech AWD, Porsche 911 Carrera 4S

GeorgiaGuy is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Just left a Genesis dealer in Charlotte, NC who had 5 G80 Sport in inventory. He stated a MF .00070 and a residual of 51% on a 36/12 lease. Can that residual be correct? When I questioned it he showed me a printed form from Hyundai showing 51%. Just wondering if he printed his own form.

balfor is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in CA
    Cars in my garage

Looks like the residual is correct, if you do the math on the factory lease I found and posted in another thread below the percentage of MSRP is about 51%. Were you expecting the residual to be lower or higher?

Closed end lease for 2018 G80 4dr Sdn 3.3T V6 RWD (Model #B2432R65) available from May 4, 2017 through May 31, 2017, to well-qualified lessees approved by Genesis Finance. Not all lessees will qualify. Higher lease rates apply for lessees with lower credit ratings. Offer shown based on $4,999 due at lease signing (includes $629 first payment and $4,370 capitalized cost reduction). No security deposit required. MSRP $56,225 (includes destination, excludes tax, license, title, registration, documentation fees, options, insurance and the like). Actual net capitalized cost $51,117.67. Net capitalized cost includes $750 acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may vary and could affect actual lease payment. Total monthly payments $22,644.00. Option to purchase at lease end $28,674.75. Lessee is responsible for third-party fees. Third-party fees vary by state or locality. Lessee is also responsible for insurance, maintenance, repairs, $.25 per mile over 12,000 miles/year, excess wear, and a $400 disposition fee. Disposition fee of $400 applies in all states except CO, IN, IA, KS, ME, OK, SC, WI, WV, & WY, where disposition fee is subject to state law limitations.

armen212 is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: G80 Sport polar ice
    I live in CA
    Cars in my garage

i was expecting a residual of 56 at 36/10k
    In my Genesis garage: 2018 GENESIS G80 SPORT

Cars in my garage

I was expecting the reserve to be around 55% - 56%. May be better off looking at the MB E300 where they are discounting MSRP 12% -15%

Cars in my garage

Checked with Edmonds and the confirm the following number for May.

.00007 and 49% for 36/15 (51% is the 12K residual)

Jaeger is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Oakville, Ontario, Canada
    Cars in my garage

I'd get the sport in a fleeting heartbeat over the V8. Early reports are that the suspension tuning is really next level.

GenesisYEG is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G90 5.0 Ultimate
    I live in Edmonton, Alberta
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    I just drove the G80 Sport from the auto port and I didn't get a chance to really drive it like it was meant to be driven but I would automatically take it over the 5.0 based on my 25 minute test drive. Nicer interior, better handling and suspension, low end torque, better looks.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast