Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: 5.0, or Sport?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 5.0, or Sport?

armen212 is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: G80 Sport polar ice
    I live in CA
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: 5.0, or Sport?

Members don't see this ad
    that's what I'm going to be DEMANDING them lol but in reality what ever they counter should be very close to this as most dealer can go up to 10% no problem with the sale. the only factor that hurts is that its new so 8% is still pushing it for them.
    In my Genesis garage: 2018 GENESIS G80 SPORT

akeelj is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis/Equus In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    I live in Los Angeles Area
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by armen212 View Post
    that's what I'm going to be DEMANDING them lol but in reality what ever they counter should be very close to this as most dealer can go up to 10% no problem with the sale. the only factor that hurts is that its new so 8% is still pushing it for them.
    In all sincerity, good luck. The car just came out and is in extremely limited release. I can't see a dealership already bold enough to put a markup on it, wiping it away AND discounting their only in stock unit. Keep us posted; inquiring minds want to know
    Last edited by akeelj; 05-04-2017 at 09:09 AM.

Mark_888 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Back when the all new 2015 Genesis came out, and when the 2017 G80 came out, everyone was concerned about the prices that dealers would demand. In some cases, dealers may have asked a high price if they only had one car in stock initially, but that soon changed when additional inventory arrived, and they were back to the usual Hyundai discounting.

So my advice is to just relax and take a cold shower, and wait for more inventory when the price will be reasonable.

Dai Uy Ted is offline Registered Member What I drive: '17 G80 Ultimate 5.0
    I live in Titusville FL
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_888 View Post
    ...But since dealers have been selling the Hyundai Genesis or Genesis G80 for quite a while, generally with $3K-$10K discounts, it seems that charging more than MSRP would be hard to get. But I could be wrong, and each dealer sets their own prices.

Most people would consider MSRP to be gouging on a Hyundai or Genesis.
    I've been shopping G80 throughout central Florida. No one here is budging appreciably from the MSRP.

Yesterday I finally traded in my Coupe for a G80 Ultimate 5.0. I didn't get a very good deal, but I got a very good car, compared to the Jags and Lincolns I also shopped, and which did offer greater deals.

I considered waiting for the Sport to make its way to the hinterlands here, and seeing a good price. At that point, I'd likely extend my wait for the Stinger GT, and after that, same thing for the G60 or whatever Coupe. And all this time I'd be road tripping in the wife's Rogue while waiting for something she could get into and out of.
    Last edited by Dai Uy Ted; 05-04-2017 at 10:18 AM.
    - Ted

Don't take yourself so seriously.
    No one else does.

armen212 is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: G80 Sport polar ice
    I live in CA
    Cars in my garage

ted can you please tell us your deal since you said it wasnt a good one, im just curious

- - - Updated - - -

also for the sport i was able to test drive one after driving over an hour to garden grove and boy oh boy was it nice. it was a mix of the new bmw 540i and the c63s for me(as i've driven both). all you have to do is hit the throttle..... then make some tea have a nice convo watch a game with the guys then BAM it goes lol. but seriously when i was there there were no deals for the month yet and unfortunately i check today and they released the deals which were non-existent for the 2018.

I live in CA
    Cars in my garage

another update guys. the offer i got was 2k due at signing and 810 a month.
    but the numbers on it is crazy. 53% rv on 36/10 and a CRAZY mf of .00300......

leggy is online now Been here awhile... What I drive: Genesis/Equus In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    I live in SoCal
    Cars in my garage

Which dealer?

akeelj is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis/Equus In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    I live in Los Angeles Area
    Cars in my garage

another update guys. The offer I got was 2k due at signing and 810 a month.
    But the numbers on it is crazy. 53% RV on 36/10 and a CRAZY MF of .00300......
    Ridiculous terms for a car that will be sitting on dealer lots with discount tags in six months. Rather by an A6 3.0 Prestige if that's their most aggressive deal

Dai Uy Ted is offline Registered Member What I drive: '17 G80 Ultimate 5.0
    I live in Titusville FL
    Cars in my garage

After they tested me with an absurd initial offer way over MSRP, they stuck to their guns at MSRP ($55,500) and $19k for my coupe. Same trade value as KBB and various other area dealers of various makes. I told them to forget the BS of inflating my trade's value and charging more for the new car, or reducing the new price and being cheap with the trade. I flat wanted to give them my car and $30k cash for the G80 5.0. After much back and forth, they finally went down to my car and $32 k.
    Once the dust settled, we used the agreed upon numbers and closed by leasing instead. My car and $233 monthly for three years. (Then the Sport should be reasonable, and the rumored Coupe on hand.)

I guess they won, but if they raped me, they at least kissed me.
    I had shown them the similar deals from other Genesis, Jag, and Lincoln stores. Essentially, they matched them but showed no more mercy to a long-time customer with three previous new car purchases.

Dealer was Cocoa Hyundai, which also operates Space Coast Hyundai in Melbourne FL. Also shopped other Genesis dealerships in Orlando, Sanford, and Daytona Beach.
    No one would acknowledge that the Sport was coming any time soon.

leggy is online now Been here awhile... What I drive: Genesis/Equus In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    I live in SoCal
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    Dai,

Congratulations. You got a great car.

So you leased G80 V5 for $19k in car trade plus $233/m ($8,388), =$761 a month? Is that including tax and dmv fees? What's the annual mileage?

How much Car Max or any dealer would have paid to your coupe without being a trade in car?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast