Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: 5.0, or Sport?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 5.0, or Sport?

armen212 is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: working on G80 Sport
    I live in CA
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: 5.0, or Sport?

Members don't see this ad
    ok so today the good dealer called me and with all incentitives i can pull the trigger now at 2k due at signing and 640 a month..... BUT I WONT. i said ill get it under 600 and by god i will dammmit. ill get it by the end of this month thats my gut feeling
    In my Genesis garage: 2018 GENESIS G80 SPORT

dareckibmw is online now Supporting Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8 Sedan
    I live in Romeoville, IL
    Cars in my garage

I stopped by the dealer today, just to take a look at G80s Track, they let me take it for a spin!

Guys.....I'm a V8 guy, but after driving 3.3 twin turbo, I am really impress how it pulls! and the throttle sounds so frigging awesome! love the suspension, how the car handles, I think they tuned it way better than '15-17.

I'll post a few pics later.

2015 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 V8 Empire State Gray (fastest color ever)
    2013 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Titanium Gray Metallic (fastest color Rspec) (sold)
    2014 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.3L AWD (Wife's car)
    1999 BMW 540i/6 (sold)
    1998 BMW 540i/6 (sold)
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

Dai Uy Ted is offline Registered Member What I drive: '17 G80 Ultimate 5.0
    I live in Titusville FL
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by leggy View Post
    Dai,

Congratulations. You got a great car.

So you leased G80 V8 for $19k in car trade plus $233/m ($8,388), =$761 a month? Is that including tax and dmv fees? What's the annual mileage?

How much Car Max or any dealer would have paid to your coupe without being a trade in car?
    Auto Trader found local dealership actual buyers (not trade-in values) for the same $19,000.

I paid cash at closing $1378.17, which included first month's lease and all other fees. 35 more months at $223.79 will be $7836.65. Total outlay at end of 3 years, including my trade's "value", will be $28,210.82 ($783.63 a month). That's about the residual shown in the deal. Not an attractive deal, but it works for me.

Mileage is 10K/yr. I did 17k in 2 1/2 years, so no prob.
    - Ted

Don't take yourself so seriously.
    No one else does.

akeelj is online now Registered Member What I drive: Genesis/Equus In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    I live in Los Angeles Area
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by armen212 View Post
    ok so today the good dealer called me and with all incentitives i can pull the trigger now at 2k due at signing and 640 a month..... BUT I WONT. i said ill get it under 600 and by god i will dammmit. ill get it by the end of this month thats my gut feeling
    armen212, better you wait until the '18 3.8 and 5.0 are on lot. You'll have a lot more bargining power when the dealer is swimming in Genesis..es

SammyPesos is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8
    Cars in my garage

The Sports are at the port for South Florida Dealers to order FYI

GeorgiaGuy is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Hi Guys,
    Based on armen212 numbers went to my local Genesis dealer. Started playing the game and came back to me with MSRP $56,500 and Hyundai circle pricing of $51,500. I asked what about the Hyundai incentives and was told they are already included in the circle price. We are starting off on the wrong foot as they are NOT included. After speaking with his mgr, he came back with $779 month on a 36/12 lease. I told him to get serious and let me see his breakdown. His MF was .00046 (believe he inverted numbers) I didn't get to see other numbers as I was aleady annoyed but told him I can lease one at $600.per month. His mgr came out and abruptly told me "if you can get it at $600. go get it". I walked out. Hahaha
    Received a call an hour later from the salesman and he said he is still working the numbers and the new offer is $679. Told him to keep working on them and when you get close to $600 call me.

Waiting to hear from another dealer I know. Stay tuned

balfor is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in CA
    Cars in my garage

It would be interesting to see what the residual figure is, from your numbers below it looks like around $30k? If so it might represent a percentage drop from the previous G80 leases. In any case it looks like they did not have any great factory leases on the sport yet.

armen212 is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: working on G80 Sport
    I live in CA
    Cars in my garage

LOL way to go buddy. I was told a mf of 0.00070 but its very likely your numbers are inverted as the g80 was at 0.00064. rv goes to 53 on a 12k. your looking at 632 a month with 2k due at signing with a 51500 sale price and then an incentive of 2000( competitive and uber).... if the mf is correct, if its inverted its 648 a month.( all off of 53%rv/12k which im not sure its correct.
    In my Genesis garage: 2018 GENESIS G80 SPORT

GeorgiaGuy is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Rec'd a call from dealer number 2 while his head was still in his a$$. The salesman (who I purchased from previously) felt bad as his mgr. told him to quote $810. Nothing else to talk about except the weather so it was a very short phone call. I will watch other posts and learn.

Genesis_2016 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2015 5.0 Ultimate
    I live in Canada
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    I just bought a 2015 htrac 5.0 ultimate for 41k cad with 9000kms. They have the g80 sport available for 62k cad.
    For me it was a no brianer. Take the 5.0 for now and swap it out for the g80 once the prices on them come down to reality.
    In my Genesis garage: 2015 Hyundai Sedan Ultimate

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast