Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Does anyone know the sales numbers for the G90?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Doktormoo is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G90
    I live in Grand Rapids, MI
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Does anyone know the sales numbers for the G90?

Members don't see this ad
    It is clear that Genesis is throttling production. They have the capability to manufacture much more and it seems like a very smart strategy to build the brand in the right way. Mine should be here at the end of the month and I cannot wait to drive around in it.

turnne is offline Registered Member What I drive: Equus Signature
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by jsmit86 View Post
    Outselling the Lexus LS.
    You are comparing to a car that hasnt had a redesign in many years

I would say wait until the new LS500 rolls out and then compare the numbers

I bet you see a serious uptick in the Lexus numbers

Warren

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doktormoo View Post
    It is clear that Genesis is throttling production. They have the capability to manufacture much more and it seems like a very smart strategy to build the brand in the right way. Mine should be here at the end of the month and I cannot wait to drive around in it.
    why would say they are throttling back production?

if any manufacturer wasnt producing the cars that the market demanding they would be crazy...since they are "for profit" companies

What they might be doing is trying to keep a glut of cars coming off lease at the same time

But the lease residual is at 43% for this car after 36 months...so its really already at the low point
    I guess if they flooded the market they could even drive it down further when the 3 year old lease cars come back in

Warren

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wayles View Post
    Does anyone have access to the sales numbers for the G90 since it first went on sale? Also, the split between V8 and V6 versions.

On another thread I saw numbers of 300+ country wide in the month of April. That ain't a lot of cars. Toyota makes more Camry's than that in an hour or two.
    I use this link
    http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2015/11...ly-yearly.html

Its really not fair to compare $$ on cars that are in completely different price classes

A good litmus test is to check cars like the Mercedes E class..BMW 5 series...Lexus GS..Cadillac CT6

Doesnt take you long to figure out that luxury sedans are a shrinking market and that the Germans seems to be dominating the segment
    Its seems that Hyundai/Genesis needs to get a slew of SUV's/Crossovers in the market place

That category is far more profitable , growing and the Germans dont have it locked up

Warren

YEH is offline Registered Member What I drive: In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    I live in NYC/MD
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by turnne View Post
    You are comparing to a car that hasnt had a redesign in many years
    That's no one's fault but Toyota's (and the reason why Toyota didn't launch a new LS on schedule was that they wanted to squeeze every last penny out of the current platform and engine as the ROI isn't great).

And nonetheless, no matter the circumstances, there were many doubters that the G90 would ever outsell the LS (much less the A8 and XJ which are on normal schedule).

I would say wait until the new LS500 rolls out and then compare the numbers
    Can always play the game of wait.

No doubt the new LS500 should turn the table by a good margin (at least at the start). but one could always just say - wait until the next gen G90 (which should be significantly better in all areas, but particularly in sheetmetal).

why would say they are throttling back production?
    Hyundai isn't throttling production.

In fact, a year or so ago, they came to an agreement w/ the Korean auto union to double G90 production in order to meet demand.

Nonetheless, they seem to be pretty careful with the supply of G90s for the US market - which is fine as they are still filling back-orders for the Korean market.

Its really not fair to compare $$ on cars that are in completely different price classes

Well, then the LS shouldn't be compared to the S Class or for that matter, even the 7 Series at the high end (where only the S Class in Maybach form is seen as being a lower-cost alternative to a Bentley or Rolls).

And this was especially true years ago.

1999 Base prices

LS400 - $55,186
    Jaguar Vanden Plas - $66,613
    Audi A8 4.2 Quattro - $67,500
    BMW 740iL - $68,828
    MB S430 - $72,353

A good litmus test is to check cars like the Mercedes E class..BMW 5 series...Lexus GS..Cadillac CT6
    Except, that's what the G80 competes against (except for maybe the CT6 which is a tweener).
    Last edited by YEH; 05-15-2017 at 03:32 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12