Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: 2018 G80 Sports Have Hit The Dealers
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: 2018 G80 Sports Have Hit The Dealers

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogey99 View Post
    That document seems pretty accurate for G80 Sports since it shows white, black, gray, blue and red available at initial production. Looks like they're eventually changing the black and red to different variations.
    Maybe I am wrong, but I interpret the document to say that three colors will be available initially on the G80 Sport (CASABLANCA WHITE, HIMALAYAN GRAY, POLAR ICE). If the document was accurate and some other colors were to be included in May production or later (in Korea), they could not have been built and transported to USA dealers by May 7th (today).

Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bogey99 View Post
    That document seems pretty accurate for G80 Sports since it shows white, black, gray, blue and red available at initial production. Looks like they're eventually changing the black and red to different variations.
    In looking at it again, I believe you are right (except on the blue). It looks like launch was Casablanca White, Caspian Black, Himalayan Gray, Polar Ice and Sevilla Red. Post launch Caspian Black will be replaced with Victoria Black, Sevilla Red will be replaced with Havana Red and Siberian Ice will be added.

The way they worded it made it a little confusing, but it makes sense to me now (and it lines up with real world observations)!
    Current: 2016 3.8 AWD Ultimate, Empire State Gray/Black - Build Date: June 15, 2015
    Previous: 2015 3.8 AWD Ultimate, Empire State Gray/Black - Build Date: May 07, 2014

Bogey99 is online now Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2002 BMW 530i
    I live in San Diego
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Nikgen View Post
    In looking at it again, I believe you are right (except on the blue). It looks like launch was Casablanca White, Caspian Black, Himalayan Gray, Polar Ice and Sevilla Red. Post launch Caspian Black will be replaced with Victoria Black, Sevilla Red will be replaced with Havana Red and Siberian Ice will be added.

The way they worded it made it a little confusing, but it makes sense to me now (and it lines up with real world observations)!
    Polar Ice is the blue I was referring to, and is available at initial production. I wonder what the later Siberian Ice color will be...a shade of silver, perhaps?

4. Default Re: 2018 G80 Sports Have Hit The Dealers

Quote Originally Posted by Nikgen View Post

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that thought that document was just a bit confusing on the first (or second) read through

-Curt

5. Default Re: 2018 G80 Sports Have Hit The Dealers

Finally had a chance to get over to a Genesis dealer in Waukesha, Wisconsin today to drive their Caspian Black Genesis Sport (AWD). My wife and I are coming from a 2016 Genesis AWD. A few things I noticed if you are thinking about buying a Sport.

As compared to my 2016 AWD:

The front and rear fascia changes are great and look even better in person than in the photos. The "black chrome" trim, copper accents, etc all just "work" really nicely in my opinion.

The copper stitching in the interior is great....the slight hue of copper in the center seat inserts that I mentioned in an earlier post comes from the following: the inside of the ventilation perforation holes are the coppery color of the stitching - probably coming from the back of the leather. Its a cool subtle effect and I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned more.

I found a number of other interior tweaks (beyond things like the obvious change in the shifter, around view monitor, steering wheel etc): The center of the instrument cluster has a number of minor changes....fuel range shows at all time, slight differences in the appearance of the data, etc.

Android Auto worked good and you can control the interface with either the touchscreen or the DIS controller. In addition to the wireless charger up front there is a USB port. There is a second USB port and a SINGLE 12v port in the interior of the center console.

We caught a few other changes like some metal coat hooks they added on the interior B pillar columns facing the rear passengers and small minor trim piece changes. I still don't understand why they don't have 12v or USB ports for the rear passengers on the US car but that's another post...

Performance was very solid. The car is quieter than our 2016. The ride quality with the sport suspension was probably actually better than our '16. In terms of handling the car definitely feels somewhat tighter and just overall more composed than our '16. I really liked the feel and they are continuing to go right after the Germans in terms of the handling dynamics. You notice the extra HP for sure. I never thought my 2016 was underpowered but this just adds enough extra pep that makes it fun. The difference is really it just keeps pulling right on up as you accelerate. The car is so quiet that the speedo is your only clue sometimes.

The only downside is that similar to my 2016 I again noticed some minor vibration in the steering wheel in the first few miles of driving off the dealers lot this morning at around 50+ mph. Later it was gone...not sure what's unique to the setup of this car that causes that but it does seem weird. It ceased to be an issue later in the test drive. This car had Continental Pro Contacts I believe.

My wife and I are ALL IN on a new one....our 2016 was Empire State Gray....she wants to go for another gray one so I guess its Himalayan Gray for me I kind of wanted to wait and drive the Stinger GT in the Fall but she likes the Genesis I'll post some pics as soon as I can locate and purchase a gray one.

Curt

silberma is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Palm Beach, FL
    Cars in my garage

Road tested 3 G80, all had vibration issues. Could have been flat spots on the tires from sitting in one position too long.

7. Default Re: 2018 G80 Sports Have Hit The Dealers

Quote Originally Posted by silberma View Post
    Road tested 3 G80, all had vibration issues. Could have been flat spots on the tires from sitting in one position too long.
    Yeah, its truly weird. I know we have litigated this issue up one side and down the other since this car came out but its just plain bizarre to me that I can jump in and drive an Audi A7 or BMW M4 (to think of two random examples in the last 6 months) and not feel anything like this. I jump into that Genesis Sport yesterday morning and as I am on the entrance ramp to I-94 here comes the shimmy in the steering wheel as it comes up to speed - you can literally even see it. I have a hard time believing this is showing up in R&D/Testing in Korea as it would surely be concerning. If everything with the same tires did this I wouldn't think twice about it but I could swear they don't

Genesis_2016 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2015 5.0 Ultimate
    I live in Canada
    Cars in my garage

I drove the g80 sport today as well. Im currently driving a 2016 3.8 htrac but just traded it in for the 2015 5.0L. I liked the power on the g80 sport in the city but I found it lacked real power from around 120kms + on the highway. I think they need to have their turbo guys figure out how to make that thing a bullet on the highway because for most of its buyers that's where we'll let her out.

All the interior updates are amazing, my favorite though is the backlit buttons in the center dash. Really a very nice touch. From what I understand here in Canada they are available in three colors. A dark charcoal, the Casablanca white and that red we have all seen. I got a great deal...steel on the 5.0L so I'll stick with it for the next 6-12 months but im sure I'll be upgrading sooner then later to the g80 sport. Probably once its deprecation stops taking such big hits.

Anyway...
    I ended up ordering the front end from it though to slap on my 5.0L because its just that sexy. The wheels too are wicked, but too expensive when I compare them to other after market rims I could pick up.

I'll post some pics here of my Frankenstein here once I pick it up next week.
    In my Genesis garage: 2015 Hyundai Sedan Ultimate

MadCat is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis V8 5.0 Ultimate
    I live in Brooklyn, NY
    Cars in my garage

Do you have a part number for the bumper? And how did you pay for it?
    Thanks

2015 Genesis V8 5.0 Ultimate
    G80 Full LED Headlight System
    K&N Drop In Filters
    Niche Wheels
    2017 Mercedes Benz AMG C43 Coupe

SOLD:
    2016 Mercedes AMG C450
    2014 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Ultimate Black
    2015 Hyundai Sonata 2.4 Limited
    In my Genesis garage: 2015 Hyundai Genesis V8 Ultimate

Genesis_2016 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2015 5.0 Ultimate
    I live in Canada
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by MadCat View Post
    Do you have a part number for the bumper? And how did you pay for it?
    Thanks
    Hey Madcat. I dont have the part number but monday when the parts dept opens I'll give them a call and report back here.
    As for payment, how does anyone pay for anything these days..... Bitcoin... Nahhh just joking, I have not paid as of yet. I assume they will bill me once its on and back from paint. Im expecting to pay around 2200 CAD for the bumper, install and paint.
    In my Genesis garage: 2015 Hyundai Sedan Ultimate

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast