Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: 2018 G80 Sports Have Hit The Dealers
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: 2018 G80 Sports Have Hit The Dealers

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Genesis_2016 View Post
    Hey Madcat. I dont have the part number but monday when the parts dept opens I'll give them a call and report back here.
    As for payment, how does anyone pay for anything these days..... Bitcoin... Nahhh just joking, I have not paid as of yet. I assume they will bill me once its on and back from paint. Im expecting to pay around 2200 CAD for the bumper, install and paint.
    I read his "And how did you pay for it?" with the same confusion as you probably had, but now assume he meant "And how much did you pay for it?"

Genesis_2016 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2015 5.0 Ultimate
    I live in Canada
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_888 View Post
    I read his "And how did you pay for it?" with the same confusion as you probably had, but now assume he meant "And how much did you pay for it?"
    Yeah that would make some sense. Unless his next question was going to be for my cc number and exp date.
    In my Genesis garage: 2015 Hyundai Sedan Ultimate

Cars in my garage

Yeah that would make some sense. Unless his next question was going to be for my cc number and exp date.
    If you don't mind, please include your three or four digit CCV number.

GenesisYEG is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G90 5.0 Ultimate
    I live in Edmonton, Alberta
    Cars in my garage

I will be getting a couple Genesis G80 Sports within a week at my agency (Genesis South Edmonton). Super excited to finally get to drive the car and share my thoughts on the vehicle.

From what I understand here in Canada they are available in three colors. A dark charcoal, the Casablanca white and that red we have all seen.
    Launch Colors:
    - Casablanca White
    - Caspian Black (to be replaced with Victoria Black)
    - Sevilla Red (to be replaced with Havana Red)
    - Himalayan Grey

Here are the colors that will all eventually be available (minus brown and silver):

2018 g80 colors (1).png
    Last edited by GenesisYEG; 05-13-2017 at 07:45 PM.

Genesis_2016 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2015 5.0 Ultimate
    I live in Canada
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisYEG View Post
    I will be getting a couple Genesis G80 Sports within a week at my agency (Genesis South Edmonton). Super excited to finally get to drive the car and share my thoughts on the vehicle.

Launch Colors:
    - Casablanca White
    - Caspian Black (to be replaced with Victoria Black)
    - Sevilla Red (to be replaced with Havana Red)
    - Himalayan Grey

Here are the colors that will all eventually be available (minus brown and silver):

2018 g80 colors (1).png
    I guess its only Quebec that has to choose from three colors then. Thanks for clearing that up.

- - - Updated - - -

If you don't mind, please include your three or four digit CCV number.
    Sure thing!

GenesisYEG is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G90 5.0 Ultimate
    Cars in my garage

I guess its only Quebec that has to choose from three colors then. Thanks for clearing that up.
    Canada has a centralized inventory so I don't see why you couldn't order black. There are several available.

I live in Canada
    Cars in my garage

Canada has a centralized inventory so I don't see why you couldn't order black. There are several available.
    Im telling you, They do things different out here in Quebec. Anyway, I'll ask again on Monday but I was told just the three are available to me if I wanted to purchase one.

Cars in my garage

You can't actually "order" a Genesis. They decide months in advance the number of each color made, and then dealers can "ask" the distributor for a certain color if it is available (and not reserved by another dealer). If Hyundai Canada guesses wrong on the demand for each color, then there will be a shortage for a long time to come.

Also, the Genesis Motors USA site suggested that not all colors would be available initially, but there information is confusing and each distributor may have different color options.

Are there going to be any dedicated Genesis Motors dealers in Canada?

I live in Canada
    Cars in my garage

You can't actually "order" a Genesis. They decide months in advance the number of each color made, and then dealers can "ask" the distributor for a certain color if it is available (and not reserved by another dealer). If Hyundai Canada guesses wrong on the demand for each color, then there will be a shortage for a long time to come.

Also, the Genesis Motors USA site suggested that not all colors would be available initially, but there information is confusing and each distributor may have different color options.

The dealership that I bought my genesis from has secured the first genesis motors dealership in Quebec and it's being built right now. I think its slated to open later this year.

Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad

You can definitely order a Genesis -- a client wanted a color that was not in inventory so I got one ordered.

Yes, the Canadian Genesis agencies will eventually become standalone dealerships. I am getting the building in Edmonton built within ~2 years.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast