Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Actual Dealer Cost for a 2017 G90 5.0 RWD Ultimate as of December 2016
    Mr. Wonderful is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G90
    I live in Northern Virginia
    Cars in my garage

Default Actual Dealer Cost for a 2017 G90 5.0 RWD Ultimate as of December 2016

Members don't see this ad
    While perusing the forum I noticed the 12/20/16 thread WHAT IS YOUR OTD (OUT THE DOOR) PRICE FOR A G90? Most of the postings discussed lease deals which may or may not have included trade-ins. Nobody quoted an actual cash purchase price. For information of forum members and readers, the actual unpublished dealer cost to Hyundai/Genesis for a 2017 G90 5.0 RWD Ultimate as of December 2016 is $66,385. This included $950 for freight, and a mandatory $200 advertising assessment from Hyundai/Genesis. The sticker price for this vehicle is $70,650, which included the listed $950 freight charge. That left a dealer sticker price mark-up on this car of $4265, or approximately 6%. Your cost could at that time be discounted by two manufacturer incentives; the $1,500 competitive owner discount, and by the $500 military service discount. A dealer can try to increase his profit adding some sort of "additional market value" mark-up to the sticker price, which I saw another dealer doing on this model a the time I bought my G90. Any such amount listed on the sticker is not based on dealer cost. This sticker price item is negotiable and is a reflection of market value, i.e., whatever the market will bear. (I purchased mine from another dealer who had not yet added a $1200 mark-up.) Added to your OTD price for the vehicle will be various non-negotiable items such as sales taxes, tag, inspection, title and registration fees, and usually a dealer service fee for handling the paperwork for all of these. (These dealer service fees, where they exist, vary from state to state and are based on state laws written by and passed for the benefit of the new auto dealership associations, and are therefore non-negotiable. They are almost all pure profit to the dealers.) Again, bottom line dealer cost for this vehicle is $66,385.

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Actual Dealer Cost for a 2017 G90 5.0 RWD Ultimate as of December 2016

Sorry Mr Wonderful, but I don't read posts that long without paragraphs.

wayles is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis G90
    I live in S.E. Indiana
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Actual Dealer Cost for a 2017 G90 5.0 RWD Ultimate as of December 2016

There must be other dealer incentives then, because my out the door cost on a 3 year lease was $64154.00. That, or my dealer is an idiot, and I don't think that's the case.

Mine is an Ultimate with all wheel drive which should have cost the dealer even more.
    In my Genesis garage: 2017 Genesis G90

Mr. Wonderful is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G90
    I live in Northern Virginia
    Cars in my garage

You're right, the dealer is not an idiot. By leasing the car to you, he has turned his car into a capital asset. Assuming for illustration purposes his cost basis for this asset is say $68,000, he uses an accelerated depreciation of 20% per annum to deduct $40,200 of capital losses from his capital gains, leaving him, after 36 months, with a clean car with 30,000 or less miles on it and with a depreciated taxable value of $26,000. He then expects to sell his car for a profit.

This is how corporations can put out for lease things such as oil tankers, 747s, railroad freight cars and semi-tractor trailers for amounts that are less than the amortized purchase price, and still make a nice profit while doing it.

The dealer cost for my and all other RWD 5.0 G90s is $66,385. I don't know what the exact dealer cost for your AWD is, but yes, it cost more.

PMCErnie is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Richmond, VA
    Cars in my garage

2012 Cabernet Red Pearl & Cashmere
    3.8 V-6 with Premium Pkg only

Mods/Accessories: Trunk wings, wheel cap wings, chrome side trim, illuminated door sills, mud guards, all-weather winter floor mats and trunk cargo mat. Llumar Air Blue 80 ceramic tint. Custom-made left foot rest/dead pedal.

- 2014 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T AWD

Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_888 View Post
    Sorry Mr Wonderful, but I don't read posts that long without paragraphs.
    Yet, you take the time for a snarky comment... lol
    Current: 2016 3.8 AWD Ultimate, Empire State Gray/Black - Build Date: June 15, 2015
    Previous: 2015 3.8 AWD Ultimate, Empire State Gray/Black - Build Date: May 07, 2014