Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Genesis G80 Sport Boasts Powerful Engine and Bold Styling
    Genesis Motors is offline Genesis Motors Forum What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Royal Palm Beach, Florida
    Cars in my garage

Default Genesis G80 Sport Boasts Powerful Engine and Bold Styling

Members don't see this ad

- 3.3-liter direct-injected twin-turbocharged V6 offers excellent power with outstanding handling
    - Dynamic powertrain performance is complimented by bold exterior styling
    - Driving enthusiasts benefit from segment-leading collection of safety technologies included as standard equipment

FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., May 15, 2017 – Genesis has begun the first retail deliveries of the new 2018 G80 3.3T Sport across the United States. The 2018 Genesis G80 3.3T Sport delivers the ideal combination of dynamic refinement, performance and distinctly evocative sport styling that further enhances the refined road manner, premium materials and luxurious nature of the Genesis G80 luxury sports sedan—the brand’s best-selling vehicle. Like all Genesis models, the G80 Sport comes equipped with the most comprehensive array of standard safety technology in the midsize luxury vehicle class and includes advanced safety innovations such as Automatic Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection, Driver Attention Alert, Blind Spot Detection, Rear Cross-traffic Alert, Lane Keep Assist and Lane Departure Warning.

GENESIS G80 SPORT – TURBOCHARGED PERFORMANCE WITH WORLD-CLASS LUXURY

With its highly capable 3.3-liter twin-turbocharged V6 engine, the rear-wheel-drive 2018 Genesis G80 Sport (all-wheel-drive also available) redefines the term “luxury sports sedan” thanks to the athleticism of its potent power plant and silky smooth yet responsive 8-speed automatic transmission. Combined with a richly appointed sport-inspired cabin, innovative and user-friendly features/technologies and class-leading standardized suite of safety technologies, the G80 Sport is an unrivaled automotive entry within the mid-luxury segment. Read more...

Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!

Get your Genesis for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

Visit the Genesis Owners Group on Facebook and Google Plus!

Help support our community. For as little as $4.00 per month, you can help us pay our server bills,
    software bills, licensing, renewal & upgrade fees and more... Click here for more information.
    In my Genesis garage: 2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan

silberma is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Palm Beach, FL
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Genesis G80 Sport Boasts Powerful Engine and Bold Styling

I would still like understand the real differences between the 2017 G80 ultimate and the 2018 G80 sport other than the engine and cosmetic changes. Also, since they are now in the same price class what about a comparison of the G80 sport with the BMW 540 and Audi A6 in terms of driving performance such as acceleration, braking and slalom speed. This would be meaningful.

suntzuaow is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan
    I live in Outside the nation's Capital
    Cars in my garage

"Genesis G80 Sport Boasts Powerful Engine" What powerful engine?

balfor is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in CA
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by silberma View Post
    I would still like understand the real differences between the 2017 G80 ultimate and the 2018 G80 sport other than the engine and cosmetic changes. Also, since they are now in the same price class what about a comparison of the G80 sport with the BMW 540 and Audi A6 in terms of driving performance such as acceleration, braking and slalom speed. This would be meaningful.
    Other than engine and cosmetics, here is what I have identified:

19" wheels with staggered fitment (only the V8 gets 19's now)
    "Sport tuned" suspension with continuously variable damping,
    Upgraded vented rear disc brakes as opposed to non-vented in all other G80's. The fronts are probably the V8 size discs too.
    Transmission is "2nd generation" with shift by wire and faster shift times. I drove one and it is definitely more responsive
    Around view camera, no 2017's other than the G90 have this

Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    If it helps at all I drove the 2017 g80 v6 and v8 modules and passed on them. I did not think they were bad cars but I wanted to see what the sport had to offer. After driving the sport I waited a few days and bought it. I felt the changes made to the sport make a big difference to the overall ride and performance. Maybe I am just crazy.

In full disclosure I am not a big car person. With that said obviously I have no authority to be taken seriously on anything I say. I own cars mainly for function (getting from point a to point b).

Lastly, I do think hyundai/genesis is a bit bold/crazy/stupid to price the g80 sport so high compared to an A6 and 540. I did drive both and opted for the g80 sport. I was also looking for something different as I am not a big fan of both BMW and Audi.