Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: CPO, warranty questions
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    jjj is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: No Genesis Yet!
    Cars in my garage

Default CPO, warranty questions

Members don't see this ad
    I'm not car smart...
    1) Dealer told me that the genesis I want to buy is certified CPO, but it will cost me an extra $1835 because that's what they paid Hyundai to certify it. I walked out shortly after... What the hell

2) if I buy a Genesis from a non-hyundai dealer, not a CPO genesis, can I still purchase an extended warranty for it? What I'm looking for is bumper to bumper extension for up to 100k miles/5 years, not just powertrain extension.

I've read the various threads and I'm still a bit lost.

3) If all goes well I should have a Genesis tomorrow. Saw one ...but ... it's a 5.0L. mpg hell. I saw one for under $27000 with moonroof. Is this price too good to be true.? I can barely find any 3.8L for that price

Cars in my garage

Default Re: CPO, warranty questions

1. The dealer does have to pay a nominal fee to Hyundai for CPO certification. Not sure the actual price but the dealer I just recently purchased mine from stated the same.

2. You can still get extended warranty through Hyundai. It is called HPP but the used Genesis must be under 36K to receive warranty without on-site inspection, see here (http://www.officialhyundaiwarranty.com/assist.asp).

3. 27K for a 5.0 is a steal. How many miles on it. I was looking at a CPO before I got my 3.8 and the cheapest I found was 31K with almost 50K miles.

Mark_888 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

As mentioned by Trap, the dealer does has to pay HMA to sell a car as CPO, but $1835 sounds a little high for their cost. However, they are also supposed to thoroughly check out the car and make certain repairs if required. I would make a counter offer of about $1200 if you are interested. However, the CPO only extends the powertrain warranty, and not the other stuff to 10 years or 100K miles. But the HPP extended warranty may not cover everything either, as there is a lot of confusion about whether it covers all the safety systems in the car that depend on some kind of radar, etc.

Cars in my garage

To get the hpp warranty must the used genesis (under 36000) be a certified CPO vehicle or can it be any genesis under 36000 miles bought from any dealer?

Thanks

Mark_888 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by jjj View Post
    To get the hpp warranty must the used genesis (under 36000) be a certified CPO vehicle or can it be any genesis under 36000 miles bought from any dealer?

Thanks
    You can get a HPP extended warranty no matter where you purchased the car if the current warranty is in effect. It does not have to be a CPO. But prices may depend on various factors. You can purchase it at any Hyundai dealership, although rumors are that HMA is strongly discouraging selling them to out of state customers, because it is creating too much competition for dealers, who depend on profits from extended warranty sales.

Cars in my garage

You guys were helpful thanks.
    The Genesis i was looking at i checked the carfax and it had an accident, hence the pricedrop.
    Back to the drawing board

DurtyByrd is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2G Genesis Sedan
    I live in Cary, NC
    Cars in my garage

Patience is key. One will pop up eventually for a really good price.

I was able to buy a CPO 2016 Genesis 3.8 RWD for $26,500 (13K miles) before taxes, fees, etc. I've heard of other people getting a better deal than I did though. I didn't really look at any other models so can't really speak to the going rate on AWD or 5.0's.
    In my Genesis garage: 2016 Genesis Sedan 3.8L RWD

Cars in my garage

Right now I'm test driving RWD, 28000k miles, pano moonroof, asking 27500.
    Not sure if we'll be on the same table on price.
    I like the car, they fixed some alignment issue i found while test driving. I don't think it's cpo.

A gray one, roof, 39k miles, cpo, is asking 25k. Those are my two contenders. Miles are a bit high for me here though, and they're taking about fee to certify cpo. Bleh bleh. Sucks

DurtyByrd is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2G Genesis Sedan
    I live in Cary, NC
    Cars in my garage

One other thing I did that helped to save me lot of money when purchasing my used Genesis was to get pre-approved for a 3rd party loan before talking with the finance dept. I was able to get a 2.59% unsecured loan (no lien on the car) with no down-payment through LightStream (Suntrust). I had this loan ready to go while I was shopping, but was willing to hear what kind of financing the dealer could do as well. In the end, the lowest the dealer could offer me was a 3.5% secured loan with money down. Needless to say, I used the third party loan and now have the car and title.
    Last edited by DurtyByrd; 06-19-2017 at 04:23 PM.
    In my Genesis garage: 2016 Genesis Sedan 3.8L RWD

Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    Maybe it wasn't meant to be.
    Went to a dealership that had that 5.0L genesis, with the accident on carfax. Made a few calls on it. Hyundai said still has manfctr warranty. My bank said they'll still loan me for the car regardless of its history. Great. I'm take the gamble, priced well.

I figure if it's under warranty I'll just take it and be done with the headache of looking for a car. Nooooo. Not me!
    Turns out with the fees added it exceeded my loan amount. Even if i wanted to add cash to the deal the banks were closed. And i fly back in the morning. Nice car. Gambled on it, accident and all, but even that didn't work in my favor. They wouldn't budge on fees. High volume place, they didn't care about me.

Goodbye florida. I'm still without a car. Sucks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast