Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Online Owners Manual
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BaywayRic is offline Registered Member What I drive: 3.8 V6 Sedan

Default Online Owners Manual

Members don't see this ad
    For you who already own, there is an owner's section at:

http://www.hyundaiusa.com/

One of the items they offer is an online owner's manual, which I assume is downloadable.

If that works, might be nice to post a copy here so we can read up, before we buy.

Genesis Motors is online now Genesis Motors Forum What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Royal Palm Beach, Florida

Default Re: Online Owners Manual

There's probably a PDF that we could link to. If that's the case, post about it here.

Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!

Get your Genesis for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

Visit the Genesis Owners Group on Facebook and Google Plus!

Help support our community. For as little as $4.00 per month, you can help us pay our server bills,
    software bills, licensing, renewal & upgrade fees and more... Click here for more information.

Simonwpb is offline Registered Member What I drive: 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Palm Beach County, FL

I registered on the site to check it out but had no luck getting the owner's manual. It comes up as "unknown"

I have a VIN# but delivery has not occurred so either that is the problem or Genesis manuals are not available for download yet... (see screen image attached)

Anyone else have any success?
    Attached Images Attached Images

jwaters943 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Reno, NV

Unfortunately, I have the same problem. My Genesis shows up as a 2009 "Unknown" and I cannot access the online Owners Manual.

'09 Hyundai Genesis 3.8
    Current Mods:
    35% Metallic Tint, KDM Wing Emblems (Front/Rear/Wheel Center Caps/Steering Wheel), Chrome Exterior Door Strips, LED Illuminated Door Sills,
    Accessory Cargo Mat, Trunk Speaker Cover, Color-Matched Mud Guards, Spec-1 Design Lip Spoiler

BaywayRic is offline Registered Member What I drive: 3.8 V6 Sedan

That's a problem, because it appears that the Hyundai Site does a "match" between the VIN you enter and its list of "sold" VINS. That would prevent folks like me and Simon from jumping on with a VIN we have yet to purchase. Or anyone else for that matter who picks a VIN off the web.

JW, I would check back with your dealer to ensure he crossed all the Ts on your paperwork. Or it may be it takes weeks to get it done. [data entry is on vacation]

jwaters943 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Reno, NV

I'm pretty sure it's just their website with the issue. My insurance company had an issue finding the VIN, and so did DMV. I've confirmed my paperwork matches my car and I just made my first payment. My statement lists my VIN and it also matches my car/paperwork.

Simonwpb is offline Registered Member What I drive: 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Palm Beach County, FL

Message to IT: Make time to convert Genesis manuals to PDF and post on website.

ottawainsurance is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan

Angry Re: Online Owners Manual

I was trying to get it - I just bought a genesis and have the vin - but I can't register because I am Canadian!

mcginnpm is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis G80 5.0L
    I live in People's Republic of Maryland

Go to http://www.hmaservice.com and you can download PDF copies of the owners manual, the DIS manual, view TSB's and OBDII codes, shop manuals, electronic troubleshooting manuals, etc. No VIN required for site access. The downside is that the info presented only applies to Hyundai vehicles sold in the US.

IMHO the http://www.hyundaiusa.com site is absolutelyl worthless. I signed up as soon as I bought my Genny and it was just a PITA to use. I gave up after a few weeks. Best I can tell, two completely different IT departments did each site.
    Mike
    USMC Ret

17 G80 5.0L
    09 Genesis 4.6L
    98 Volvo S70 Turbo
    92 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
    89 Saab 900 Turbo
    84 Saab 900 Turbo
    72 Volvo 144

Waki is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Southern Ontario, Canada

Thumbs up Re: Online Owners Manual

Members don't see this ad
    You don't need the VIN or anything here. Go to http://www.hmaservice.com/index.asp , register, then sign in.

On the next screen you will see "SERVICE INFORMATION" Click here, then way down at the bottom you will see. 'OM' ( Owners Manual ) Select that, then the specific auto & it comes up in PRINTABLE PDF Format. Good luck !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast