Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Cabin Air Filter
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    homeofstone is online now Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
    I live in Athens, Georgia, USA

Default Re: Cabin Air Filter

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by dond13 View Post
    Unless they improved the owners manual from 2009 or you have a special owners manual, that is not right. First, the owners manual doesn't say ANYTHING about the arm that keeps the glove box from fully going down far enough.

Second, it just says remove the clips. Duh. You have to slide your fingernail underneath the back of the clip (the end closest to you) and pull the back of the clip in toward the center of the glove box while sliding the clip back toward yourself AND having the glove box about halfway UP. After you know that, it is simple, but it evidently is not, considering the MANY posts here saying that they had problems with it. Some even broke the clip trying to force it. Maybe you are a genius but I guess most of us aren't.
    Just trying to help. The arm does not need to be removed just the clips/stops. To clear things up, the glove box stops on rubber stops that are actually part of the other side of the clips. They are hard to remove because the box weight is on them. When you lift the box slightly off the stops/clips they are easy to remove and the box can then travel far enough down to change the filter without removing the arm. BTW I did not post anyting about removing the arm. You are correct in that the owners manual is not clear at all on the proceedure for changing the cabin filter.
    Current vehicles:
    2011 4.6 with tech, Athens, GA owner
    2011 Mercedes E63 AMG
    2005 Mercedes E500 w/sport pkg.
    2013 GMC Yukon XL Denali AWD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289cid V8 restored

shyam45 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan

I just replaced my Genesis 2010 Cabin Filter. Following the directions from Speedy71, it was two minutes job.
    Thanks Speedy71.

1. Open the Globe Box and hold it with your knees a bit higher.
    2. Put your index fingure at the back of the clip and pull the clip towords the center of globe box (jiggle a little and it comes right off). Do same with the other side.
    3. Pry the nut on the left side of the globe box to release the Bar.
    4. After the glove box drops, holding four tabs with your finger (two each side of the filter cover) press them and the cover will come off.
    5. Pull the filter out and replace.

gray devil is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Arizona

Default Cabin Air Filter for 2012

I was looking into purchasing some cabin air filters for my 2012 but could not find the part #. Most websites were showing the 2011 filter did not fit the 2012. So once I got the plastic clips out and removed the air filter, the part # on it was 97133-#3M000, the same as the previous models.

I hope this post saves someone some time trying to figure out the proper part # for their 2012.

nykerk11 is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
    I live in Jacksonville, Florida

Quote Originally Posted by shyam45 View Post
    I just replaced my Genesis 2010 Cabin Filter. Following the directions from Speedy71, it was two minutes job.
    Thanks Speedy71.

1. Open the Globe Box and hold it with your knees a bit higher.
    2. Put your index figure at the back of the clip and pull the clip towords the center of globe box (jiggle a little and it comes right off). Do same with the other side.
    3. Pry the nut on the left side of the globe box to release the Bar.
    4. After the glove box drops, holding four tabs with your finger (two each side of the filter cover) press them and the cover will come off.
    5. Pull the filter out and replace.
    Just replaced the cabin air filter.

A few additions to the instructions above.

The black clips are quite stiff. I lifted them up from the front first to loosen a little, then went to the back and they lifted up much easier. To make it easy to remove, you need to almost close the box to where it touches your arms.

Also, make sure to put the new filter in with the black arrow pointing up and the white flap is on the bottom. When you put the cover back on, make sure to lift the flap up with your index fingers.

To replace the black clips, you must close the box to a point where the opening appears to the left of the larger square (Get a flashlight). Once you see the opening, slide the part with the rubber pointed tip (looks like an antenna) facing up through the larger hole, place it flat against the inside of the box, and then pull down. Repeat for the right side.

Don't forget to replace the silver wheel back to the arm on the left side.

That's it. A 2-minute job to complete.
    Jazzy Jeff
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    '11 Genesis V8 - Black/Saddle - Wing emblem kit - 3M non-metallic tint

'11 Elantra Limited - Blue Sky Metallic/Tan - Surf racks - 3M non-metallic tint

'08 Veracruz Limited - Natural Khaki Metallic/Beige - 3M non-metallic tint

rtburgess1 is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
    I live in Millbrook NY

Isn't the cabin air filter flow direction downwards (ie towards the footwell)?

nykerk11 is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
    I live in Jacksonville, Florida

No. Upward toward the vents...

rtburgess1 is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
    I live in Millbrook NY

I was pretty sure the filter air flow direction is down towards the footwell. 3 Huyndai Genesis dealers just confirmed that.

TimeOut is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan

Has any of you guys installed an aftermarket cabin filter?

I'm thinking about buying a active carbon cabin filter for the genesis but, there isn't an OEM one. I found that Fram makes a FreshBreeze Cabin Air Filter for the Genesis. Fram Part Number CF10735. Has anyone installed one of these?

fazerG8R is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by sandy View Post
    I checked youtube for a demo on removing the glove box clips and found this (it's for an Elantra but the clips are the same as on the Genesis). Amazing how easy once you know the "trick".

But I'm not sure what the trick is to emoving the old filter????

If you watch this clip and the "clips" still leave you frustrated, take it to the dealer. I watched this then tried both my 09 Santa Fe and 12 Genesis Sedan. They're identical and I'd guess all Hyundai's are the same. Simple!

shyam45 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan

Members don't see this ad
    yes, I have installed replacement Fram Cabin Air Filter for Genesis 2010.

Check the directions on this site. It's very easy to replace it (Max. 5 minutes).

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast