Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: 3.8l lambda engine specs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    wrt018 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)

Default 3.8l lambda engine specs

Members don't see this ad
    hi im new to this site just wondering if anyone had any specs (bore, stroke, weight etc.) and if the engines have any faults from standard.

jwaters943 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Reno, NV

Default Re: 3.8l lambda engine specs

This is all I could find:

DOHC 3.8-Liter Lambda, V6, 24-Valve, DOHC, MPFI Engine; Front/Longitudinal Mounted With Horsepower Of [email protected], Torque Of [email protected], Alloy Block and Alloy Cylinder Heads

Compression Ratio 10.40
    [email protected] 290 hp @6000rpm
    Torque Lbs. Per Ft 264@ 3500
    Cylinder Configuration Vee
    Valves per cylinder 4
    Bore 3.78
    Stroke 3.43
    Engine Block Material Alloy
    Block Head Material Alloy
    Fuel Capacity 19.30 gallons
    Fuel Type Unleaded
    Fuel Delivery Name MPFI

'09 Hyundai Genesis 3.8
    Current Mods:
    35% Metallic Tint, KDM Wing Emblems (Front/Rear/Wheel Center Caps/Steering Wheel), Chrome Exterior Door Strips, LED Illuminated Door Sills,
    Accessory Cargo Mat, Trunk Speaker Cover, Color-Matched Mud Guards, Spec-1 Design Lip Spoiler

wrt018 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)

thanks for that. do you know the overall dimentions of the engine??

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by wrt018 View Post
    thanks for that. do you know the overall dimentions of the engine??
    I have a couple of questions:

1. Do you want specs for the Genesis Sedan V6 or Genesis Coupe V6 (they have slightly different specs, although dimensions may be the same unless you count headers, etc).

2. Why are you wanting to know the overall dimensions (just curious)?

3. What does "and if the engines have any faults from standard" mean?

well im not sure weather i want the sedan or coupe so if you know both that would be great.

me and my dad have been racing speedway for a while and we were thinking of making a hyundai excel and we are only allowed to go 6 cylinder and we had to keep with the hyundai brand.

for the faults i was just wondering if there is anything that goes wrong with them from standard like they have overheating problems or something like that that you know of??

The V6 coupe and sedan 3.8 V6 engines are slightly different, but I don't recall what all the differences are. The coupe has a little more HP. They have different transmissions (Sedan has the Aisin and Coupe has the ZF).

The sedan version (not sure about coupe) has a top mounted oil filter (cartridge refill) which seems to drain back into the crankcase when the engine stops, causing somewhat noisy startups. Beyond that, I don't know of any problems and so far I am very satisfied with the Genesis V6 drive-train.

thanks for that,
    do you know what gearbox is better and how many gears the both of them have??

thanks for that,
    They both have 6 gears. The ZF is also used by BMW and some other German cars and is a little more robust and more appropriate for the V8 and V6 Coupe, but I would not necessarily say it is better than the Aisin (Aisin makes transmissions for a lot of cars, including some Lexus--they are 50% owned by Toyota).

If you got to Hyundai website I think you can find the gear ratios.

TJPark01 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
    I live in Hollywood, CA

thanks for that,
    http://cid-5103094dcbb8400e.skydrive...n%20Sheets.pdf
    4.6 Platinum Metallic/Black

Members don't see this ad
    hi again. we have done some research and we think that the kia grand carnival has the same engine. i was just wondering if anyone knew this for sure? also i was wondering if the manual bell housing was seperate from the gearbox housing in a rear wheel drive and what car i would find one in??
    thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast