Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Sedan Subwoofer install
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Von888 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Ultimate
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    How did you install the Video In Motion in a 2015 Genesis Sedan.? How much did it cost? Thank you in advance.

QUOTE=MathWiz;196854]I finally was able to install mine over the weekend

Added the LC2i from AudioControl along with the subwoofer level control. This has signal sensing turn on for the amp.

Added a Alpine MRP-M500 - Amplifier - 1-channel

Product Features

RMS Power Per Channel Into 4 Ohms: 300W X 1

RMS Power Per Channel Into 2 Ohms: 500W X 1

2 Single Voice Coil Subs Or 1 Dual Voice Coil Works Best

Number 1 Rated Amp In The US

and the 2 10" JL Audio subs I took out of the car replaced by the Genesis.

Fills in the bottom end nicely.

I added the Video in Motion (VIM) interface from NavTV so that DVDs can now be shown with the car moving.

Charles[/QUOTE]

Von888 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Ultimate
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Sedan Subwoofer install

I was able tominstall everything.

Several ive encountered.

1. I tappedto the subwoofer connector. If the volume is low, the LC2 i will not power on as well as the amp. It has to be in middle or halfway to power it using GTO. The power cuts off depending on the music.

2. If the music is off, i get a very loud hissing on the subwoofer. Really loud.

3. I barely notice the bass. The 2015 Genesis Sedan Ultimate Tech Package has a very good sound insulation that you dont hear the aftermarket sub. But if the trunk is open, i can feel the bass and the vibrations on low freq.

Any input will be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

iSOBigD is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Von888 View Post
    3. I barely notice the bass. The 2015 Genesis Sedan Ultimate Tech Package has a very good sound insulation that you dont hear the aftermarket sub. But if the trunk is open, i can feel the bass and the vibrations on low freq.
    You're pointing speakers away from car, so it's normal for sound waves to travel away from you and outside the car through the trunk, bumper cover, etc. The back seats have thick foam behind them and some metal/plastic, then some type of felt layer all over the trunk. If you're sitting in the front of the car, you have even more layers to block the sound (4 seats, absorbing materials like the carpets and headliner material) that's why the stock sub is pointed up right into the car.

I think for best results, even with just one smaller sub instead of 2 big ones, you'll want to simply replace the stock one, or use that same opening (or another one like the pass-through between the back seats).

Outside of that, any way you slice it, even if you get 10x the volume so that you can feel it better inside the car, you'll be wasting most of the sound which kinda goes against the point of good soundproofing in order to get good sound.
    2012 Genesis 3.8 - Premium, Tech, Nav - Genesis Soundproofing Thread

Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum 09 View Post
    Its very difficult to tell what kind of output (RCA or low level) that you could even use to tie into an aftermarket amp/sub.

You find the V8 with Tech stereo not to your liking in terms of the bass?
    I have the 17 speaker lexicon system in 2014 r spec...although system sounds great....some ppl including me always want more...just the way it is...upgrading turns me on....grrrr

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789