Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Genesis DIS Control Knob Problem
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ExLonghorn is offline Registered Member What I drive: 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Round Rock, Texas

Default Genesis DIS Control Knob Problem

Members don't see this ad
    At this moment, I'm 1,138 miles into a road trip from Texas to Colorado and back. Today, the Driver Information System control knob stopped recognizing turning inputs. I can still nudge the controller left, right, up, and down, and then push down to make selections, but if I twist the controller to scroll up/down, it does nothing. Anyone experience a similar problem and have an idea of what's going wrong? Sad for a car with only 5K miles on it.
    2010 Genesis 3.8 V6, Black with Tech package, 18" V8 Wheels, Rebadged trunk,hood, steering wheel, and wheels, LED's installed everywhere, GENESIS chrome text removed from rear.

DesertGen is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
    I live in Phoenix, AZ

Default Re: Genesis DIS Control Knob Problem

Mine gave out after about 6 months too. Same symptoms. Had to have it replaced under warranty. The new one has held up about a year now

ExLonghorn is offline Registered Member What I drive: 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Round Rock, Texas

Looks like the same route here. Took it to the dealer this morning and they're ordering a part for warranty replacement. Gee, two warranty trips to the dealer within two weeks. Not a good trend.

Gizzle is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan

Exact same problem here. I'm taking it in this week. This is actually the first problem I've had. I'm at 33k miles on a 2009 4.6 Tech.

ASHDUMP is offline Registered Member What I drive: Equus Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Gizzle View Post
    Exact same problem here. I'm taking it in this week. This is actually the first problem I've had. I'm at 33k miles on a 2009 4.6 Tech.
    You're only 3000K mi away from it not falling under warranty!!!!!

mcginnpm is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis G80 5.0L
    I live in People's Republic of Maryland

I wonder when the TSB will be issued? It took about 6 weeks to get the part for my Genny's DIS controller knob. I started getting real good at voice commands while I was waiting for the part to come in.
    Mike
    USMC Ret

17 G80 5.0L
    09 Genesis 4.6L
    98 Volvo S70 Turbo
    92 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
    89 Saab 900 Turbo
    84 Saab 900 Turbo
    72 Volvo 144

G.M.O.N.E.Y. is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan
    I live in LexVegas, KY...home of FAST women & BEAUTIFUL horses

...ditto on the bad DIS knob. 23K miles and only warranty claim I've had.

alex_bayarea is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Red face Re: Genesis DIS Control Knob Problem

I bought my '12 Genesis 2 weeks ago and the XM button is already jammed from use after less than 1000 miles. I need to take it in to replace the rear badge anyways but hope this is just a one time thing!

Robert Baker is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Unhappy Re: Genesis DIS Control Knob Problem

Sorry for your problems with control knob. I have the very same problem I was sitting on the lot with my salesman showing me how to use the systems when the control knob failed. It is at the dealer for repairs which I'm sure they will not have the part. I hope this is not the start of a really unhappy experience with Hyundai.

alex_bayarea is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Members don't see this ad
    Just got it fixed last Tuesday. When I took in the services people there knew what exactly the problem was and how to fix it. They even have all the parts there so the work was done in 1.5 hours.

Seems to me that this was a pretty common fix for them. I feel that this wont be a recurring problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast