Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Hmaservice diagram help
    jig is offline Registered Member What I drive: 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
    I live in miami

Default Hmaservice diagram help

Members don't see this ad
    I have a rattle/tick sound in my car and it appears to be coming from the center console. I tried to find an exploded diagram showing how to dis-assemble the console, but found the site very difficult to navigate. Can a more experienced member help me out with this? I have mentioned the noise to my service director, but he seems reticent to deal with it

TJPark01 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
    I live in Hollywood, CA

Default Re: Hmaservice diagram help

Quote Originally Posted by jig View Post
    I have a rattle/tick sound in my car and it appears to be coming from the center console. I tried to find an exploded diagram showing how to dis-assemble the console, but found the site very difficult to navigate. Can a more experienced member help me out with this? I have mentioned the noise to my service director, but he seems reticent to deal with it
    That's B.S., take it to another dealer.
    4.6 Platinum Metallic/Black

mikec is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
    I live in SoCal

Look in the "Body (Interior and Exterior)" chapter. I find it much easier to use the print icon to "capture" the whole book... I print it to a PDF file.

Click "Shop" on the left column.
    SelectGenesis sedan or coupe as appropriate. Hyundai lists the sedan as code "BH" by the way. Pick the year and engine size... Eventually the "list" on the left screen window will narrow down to one item in boldface text, click it. When the service manual chapter list appears, click on the printer icon next to the "Body (Interior and Exterior)" chapter. A pop-up window will appear as your browser builds the print image... takes a while especially if you have a slow Internet connection. Eventually a printer dialog box will appear. Ideally your computer has Adobe Acrobat... just select it as the printer. Then open the resulting .PDF document in Acrobat and "search" repeatedly for "console" It'll be around page 45 unless the manuals have changed a lot since I captured my copy.

No Acrobat printer driver on your computer? Then print to a generic Postscript printer driver and check the "Print to File" box. Save the file locally. Then use Google or Bing to locate the free "Ghostscript" package - this program translates Postscript files to dozens of other printers (HP, Epson, etc.) and even to PDF. In fact, for many files, it'll convert a Postscript file into a smaller PDF than what Acrobat 7 or 8 will do! Ghostscript includes a command line (CMD.EXE or "DOS box") batch file "PS2PDF.BAT" that does the job.

mike c.

TEF is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Should you attempt the task, removing the shift knob is a bear. Once that is done, it's simply unplugging various electrical connections (all keyed, so there is no confusing what fits where when re-assembling) and a few screws. Note-there are four bolts in center console storage concealed under a plastic cover that is difficult to see. Unlike other cars, I worked on, the the fit of Gensis parts are so precise that they are easily removed and replaced without struggle.

jig is offline Registered Member What I drive: 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
    I live in miami

Members don't see this ad
    Thanks for the help guys. Hopefully my dealer will help attempt a fix, however I wanted to look at a diagram to see if there was anything obvious that might be causing the tick sound.