Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Illuminated Door Sills?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Wordman is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Ultimate
    I live in Tustin, California

Default Re: Illuminated Door Sills?

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by dtreter View Post
    I just ordered a set of illuminated door sills. I remember a post showing pictures of the installation of them. Does anyone have a link to the installation instructions? I can't seem to find them.Thanks for any help.
    I replaced my sills on my V6. The wiring harness does have the connectors, and the new units replace the entire scuff plate, not just the metal plates. Installation is simple - just use a broad blade flat screwdriver to carefully prise up the existing units, connect the harness connector (it's taped down to the harness, so break the tape) and press the new sill into place.

There are pictures in the photo gallery from another member.
    Dick
    Tustin Ranch, CA
    2016 Genesis V6 Ultimate, Empire State Gray + Ivory

Previously: 2013 Sonata 2.0T Limited Premium, Indigo Night + Gray; 2011 Genesis V6 Tech, White Satin Pearl + Cashmere; 2009 Genesis V6 Tech, White Satin Pearl + Cashmere

MarkF001 is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan
    I live in South Florida, USA

Quote Originally Posted by dtreter View Post
    .... I remember a post showing pictures of the installation of them. Does anyone have a link to the installation instructions? I can't seem to find them.Thanks for any help.
    I couldn't find them either. I have the lit plates but would like to make them brighter. So some pictures of access and what bulbs are used would be great

Thanks
    5.0 R-Spec
    Wings: Trunk, Wheels, & KDM airbag;
    K&N Air Filter;
    Waiting for more performance mods
    [STRIKE] 4.6 w/TECH Titanium/Black
    Lip Spoiler; 194&3175 bulbs to LEDs
    K&N Airfilter; Hankook tires on 18x8 wheels
    Magnaflow Exhaust [/STRIKE]

Quote Originally Posted by MarkF001 View Post
    I couldn't find them either. I have the lit plates but would like to make them brighter. So some pictures of access and what bulbs are used would be great

Thanks
    They're not "bulbs" but LED panels. They are as bright as they're going to get...

Quote Originally Posted by MarkF001 View Post

Thanks
    My bad. The pictures are not in the gallery, but in the thread started by Phil: http://www.genesisowners.com/hyundai...p?t=995&page=2. Go to Phil's first post in the thread (11-14-2008) for pictures.

orthoman is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
    I live in Boca Raton, FL

I love the interior lighting, I don't need to be blinded just prior to driving at night. The door sills are for looks no real need to be bright, but i do agree extier lighting should be all LED or HID.
    4.6 TEC ,Pearl White, Casmier Leather-dark leather dash and door insert, Wing Badges rear deck, steering wheel and wing hub caps. 28 grey tint.

6. Default Re: Illuminated Door Sills?

Quote Originally Posted by orthoman View Post
    I love the interior lighting, I don't need to be blinded just prior to driving at night. The door sills are for looks no real need to be bright, but i do agree extier lighting should be all LED or HID.
    I'm still loving the door sills and all other LED swaps. I still get a LOT of comments on all of it.
    ||Started with 2009 fully loaded|| 2015 Parisian Grey / Ivory, 3.8, Ultimate, wing on back, VLED Switchback DRL/turn, Lighted scuff plates, Lighted wings on hood and trunk, Sub-woofer helper amp | My company- Genesis (so I HAD to continue with the car!)

MarkF001 is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan
    I live in South Florida, USA

Thanks for the link Wordman

Would have liked to make them a little brighter. But we can't have everything.

The only interior lights that are changes that can be seen when the doors are opened are the stock overhead LEDs and and footwell lights, the door lights face down at the ground and the trunk and glove box are closed. Even with LEDs in the footwells, they are not as bright as the stock LED dome lights, so I'm not sure what there is to blind me. It's just nice to have the interior lights match more closely; not cool LEDs from the top and yellow lights on the ground from the doors and footwells. As for the Genesis plate, it looks very nice lit up at night; but I'd like it just a little less subtle.

That's what's so great about customizing, we can all suite our own tastes.

xiaphin is offline KDModerator
    What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in NC

Default Bringing this back from the dead

I bought a set of these from KDM Motors but was unaware that they came in black, and brown for those of us with cashmere interior. I should have known this since dealing with the KDM air bag.

Part numbers for the black are:
    85881-3M000RY - Front Right
    85871-3M000RY - Front Left
    85885-3M000RY - Rear Right
    85875-3M000RY - Rear Left

Can anyone confirm that these are the correct part numbers for the brown variation?

85881-3M000BR - Front Right
    85871-3M000BR - Front Left
    85885-3M000BR - Rear Right
    85875-3M000BR - Rear Left

Believe the "RY" is for black and "BR" for brown

You can see the subtle difference in color here. LED Black scuff on left, non LED brown/cashmere on the right:
    Debadged - 3000K HIDs - KDM Airbag - Black Chrome Rear Wing - LED Scuff Plates - SS Dynamic Edition Accel Pedal - Aluminum Brake Pedal - Coupe Metal Dead Pedal
    Suntek HP Bronze 40% Tint - Orafol 8300 Light Grey Tinted Heads and Tails - Avery SW900 Brushed Steel Wrapped Roof
    Junction Produce Beige Curtains - VipdOut Beige Neckpads
    09' SCC Grille w/Camera - Prada Side Engine Covers
    Air Force Suspension Bags
    Accuair e-Level Management - Dual 400s - 5 Gal Tank - Exo Mounts - Copper Hardlines - SS Fittings - Zaetec Digital Pressure Gauge - i-Level
    Infinitewerks LS01
    Front - 20x10+18 Rear - 20x10.5+28
    Liquid Bronze Face - Brushed Smoked Lead Lips and Centers w/logo Machined - 24k Gold Hardware
    Yokohama S.drive 245/35/20 All Around
    --------------
    IG - @pharrlower
    Discogs - xiaphin

xiaphin is offline KDModerator
    What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in NC

Default Correct numbers for cashmere interior

Going an answer to my question with help from Jei over at KDM Motors and interior/exterior color code chart found on this forum. Should have looked it up before ordering but I didn't. Color Codes for Genesis

The "RY" and "BR" are both black but deal with different manufacturing dates.

"RY" are black manufactured after Feb 2011.
    "BR" are black manufactured before April 2012.

Based on a interior/exterior color code chart I found "M5" is for beige/grey. Numbers below are what you need for cashmere interior. Just went up on the marketplace LED Illuminated Scuff Plates aka Door Sills - Full Set - Black

85881-3M000M5 - Front Right
    85871-3M000M5 - Front Left
    85885-3M000M5 - Rear Right
    85875-3M000M5 - Rear Left

PMCErnie is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Richmond, VA

Members don't see this ad
    Interesting photo above. I have the cashmere interior with the dark brown cocoa carpeting. My OEM, but add-on, sills are black, not light beige, around the Genesis name. ????

Funny, I recall a guy here about two years ago telling me that he had black carpeting in his cashmere interior. He just wouldn't believe me that it was dark cocoa brown.
    Last edited by PMCErnie; 02-03-2016 at 06:05 PM.
    2012 Cabernet Red Pearl & Cashmere
    3.8 V-6 with Premium Pkg only

Mods/Accessories: Trunk wings, wheel cap wings, chrome side trim, illuminated door sills, mud guards, all-weather winter floor mats and trunk cargo mat. Llumar Air Blue 80 ceramic tint. Custom-made left foot rest/dead pedal.

- 2014 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T AWD (wife)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast