Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: 2008 Kia Amanti
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Kia Amanti

Genesis Motors is online now Genesis Motors Forum What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Royal Palm Beach, Florida

Default 2008 Kia Amanti

Members don't see this ad
    I had a 2008 Kia Amanti for a rental car this weekend. As my wife and I pulled up into the Enterprise lot, she asked me which car I'd like.. I said, "Not the Kia!". Well, as it turns out - I liked it quite a bit. It's an Excellent mid-sized luxury car. It didn't have navigation, but it did have heated seats. That was surprising for a rental car (to me). I'm not sure if navigation is available on the Amanti. If not, they should fix that - because it's a very luxurious car in every other way.

It's not the quietest vehicle. There's plenty of road noise. Lots of engine noise as well - when you need to get up and go. Very little wind noise, however. The leather was very soft and the seats were comfortable. I got a lot of compliments on the car and I was very surprised at that. I wasn't impressed with the stereo system - at all. Still, it was a much better car than I'd thought. I was a back seat passenger in a test drive years ago - but this was my first time driving the Amanti. I do remember the back seat being very comfortable. The front seat is comfortable as well..

I timed a few 0-60 launches and I did a few 6.1s and a few 6.3s.. The engine is very smooth and there's plenty of power. Lots of power down low and plenty of power up top - even at 100mph. The brakes are excellent as well. The suspension isn't tight at all. If you want a car that rides soft, this is something you'll like. If you like tight handling, forget about it.

The interior lights up nicely at night and the gauges are very clear and easy to read. Very Lexus-like. My only complaint was that I'd prefer the speedometer to be on the left of the RPMs. If the steering wheel is going to block anything, I'd prefer it not be the speedometer - which was partially blocked by the steering wheel..

I imagine the Hyundai Azera feels very much like the Amanti - especially in the power department..

Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!

Get your Genesis for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

Visit the Genesis Owners Group on Facebook and Google Plus!

Help support our community. For as little as $4.00 per month, you can help us pay our server bills,
    software bills, licensing, renewal & upgrade fees and more... Click here for more information.

Poopsicle is offline Registered Member What I drive: In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    I live in Pittsburg,CA

Default Re: 2008 Kia Amanti

Actually, the Amanti is derived from the old Hyundai XG350 Chassis. In my opinion, the Amanti is one of the worst cars I've ever driven(1st being a Dodge Caliber).

The Amanti is only good if you're driving on the highway because it's quiet and it has a powerful engine; other than that, it's horrible in the city. I would still take the Hyundai XG350 over the Amanti , anyday.

Genesis Motors is online now Genesis Motors Forum What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

I like the XG350 as well.. What don't you like about the Amanti in the city? I mainly drive expensive vehicles. I've had an 05 Lexus LS430 and am currently driving an 06 BMW 750Li. For me to like the Amanti is very telling...

Here are a few pictures of what the next Kia Amanti may look like...

jwaters943 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Reno, NV

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsicle View Post
    Actually, the Amanti is derived from the old Hyundai XG350 Chassis. In my opinion, the Amanti is one of the worst cars I've ever driven(1st being a Dodge Caliber).

The Amanti is only good if you're driving on the highway because it's quiet and it has a powerful engine; other than that, it's horrible in the city. I would still take the Hyundai XG350 over the Amanti , anyday.
    What year Amanti did you drive? The 2007 model received a healthy refresh with slightly revised styling, suspension and chassis tweeks, the Azera's 3.8l V6, etc.

I have to say, I loathe the exterior styling of the car, but the interior is VERY nice for it's price bracket.

Autoblog review/gallery: http://www.autoblog.com/2007/07/17/i...07-kia-amanti/

'09 Hyundai Genesis 3.8
    Current Mods:
    35% Metallic Tint, KDM Wing Emblems (Front/Rear/Wheel Center Caps/Steering Wheel), Chrome Exterior Door Strips, LED Illuminated Door Sills,
    Accessory Cargo Mat, Trunk Speaker Cover, Color-Matched Mud Guards, Spec-1 Design Lip Spoiler

BigElm is offline Registered Member What I drive: In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)

It's supposed to be a very affordable vehicle so having a Nav might not be considered, unless they have it as an option (to order?). But it's just a matter of time since NAV and Luxury is an expectation that should be together. The Amanti is due for a fresh styling. Looking forward to seeing what Hyundai will do with it, now that there are rumors the Azera will go away.

jwaters943 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Reno, NV

There have been rumors that the Azera was going away since it's 2nd model year. The official word from Hyundai is it isn't going anywhere.

JOwest is offline Registered Member What I drive: 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan

Just curious how come we talk about a Kia in this Genesis forum?

ConceptVBS is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    I live in texas

This is the next generation Amanti replacement in disguise. People are speculating that it is based on the current generation Azera.

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by JOwest View Post
    Just curious how come we talk about a Kia in this Genesis forum?
    This is the "other Hyundai models" area of the Genesis forum. We also have an entirely off-topic area here called "General Discussion". Since Kia is owned by Hyundai, we discuss the company and it's products...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast