Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Ohio Members
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ohio Members

zaksdaddy is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Talking Ohio Members

Members don't see this ad
    Would love to find other Ohio members that would like to get together and compare Genny's - coupes, sedans, stock or modified.

I am in the Cincinnati area. I have seen three sedans and one coupe over the past few months.

I have also heard about a standout green coupe (never seen) that I think might belong to Rockynight.

Let me hear from you!

zaksdaddy

JJC is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Ohio Members

Hi, just came across this site. I've been a Hyundai owner for the past 11 yrs; owned 2 XG350's, a 2007 Azera & just traded it for a 2012 Genesis 3.6 tech a few days ago.

I was surfing to get some dialog on instructions on the intricate electronics of the car when I stumbled onto this site. After reading the posts on the various complaints on the DIS, I'm a little concerned. How'bout you.

JJC
    Athens, OH

zaksdaddy is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by JJC View Post
    Hi, just came across this site. I've been a Hyundai owner for the past 11 yrs; owned 2 XG350's, a 2007 Azera & just traded it for a 2012 Genesis 3.6 tech a few days ago.

I was surfing to get some dialog on instructions on the intricate electronics of the car when I stumbled onto this site. After reading the posts on the various complaints on the DIS, I'm a little concerned. How'bout you.

JJC
    Athens, OH
    I own a 2012 3.8 w/ premium. I do not have the DIS. I have about 4,000 miles on my Genesis and other than a few quirky things with the NAV screen in the first week, no problems. I love my car!

About the only hint I can give you is to be patient after you initially start the car. Give the NAV/Bluetooth computer a few seconds (10 - 15) to boot up before you put the car in gear. It seems that most people who have a problem with the NAV system freezing up are theose who start the car and almost immediately put it in gear. Kind of like trying to use your home computer before it fully boots up, you risk locking the whole thing up.

Welcome to the boards and enjoy your car, I think it is a really great car!

Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by zaksdaddy View Post
    I own a 2012 3.8 w/ premium. I do not have the DIS. I have about 4,000 miles on my Genesis and other than a few quirky things with the NAV screen in the first week, no problems. I love my car!

About the only hint I can give you is to be patient after you initially start the car. Give the NAV/Bluetooth computer a few seconds (10 - 15) to boot up before you put the car in gear. It seems that most people who have a problem with the NAV system freezing up are theose who start the car and almost immediately put it in gear. Kind of like trying to use your home computer before it fully boots up, you risk locking the whole thing up.

Welcome to the boards and enjoy your car, I think it is a really great car!

Thanks for the advice about waiting. I'm getting the feel of the head unit and DIS & am enjoying the car more & more. So far, no gremlins yet
    JJC
    2012 Genesis 3.8 v6
    2007 Azera
    2004 XG350 Limited
    2001 XG350 Limited

jnc2000 is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan
    I live in NE Ohio / Pittsburgh
    Cars in my garage

I'm south of Youngstown / Boardman.... Work in Pittsburgh; live in Ohio

T I T A N I U M is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Gahanna, Ohio
    Cars in my garage

Purchased my 2012 3.8 with Platinum and Tech about 3 weeks ago. I absolutely love it. I'm in the Columbus area.
    2002 Lincoln LS V8 | Medium Cypress Green Metallic || 2005 Cadillac DeVille DTS | Light Platinum
    RIP: 2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan | Titanium Gray Metallic | Jet Black Leather | Premium Package | Technology Package
    Debadged | Wheel & Trunk Wing Emblems | Tinted Windows | WeatherTech Floor Mats | Hyundai Trunk Mat | Passport Qi45
    Previously Owned: 2007 Infiniti G35x | 2007 Acura TL | 1993 Honda Prelude | 1997 Hyundai Accent | 1987 Honda Prelude

Cars in my garage

Talking Re: Ohio Members

Quote Originally Posted by T I T A N I U M View Post
    Purchased my 2012 3.8 with Platinum and Tech about 3 weeks ago. I absolutely love it. I'm in the Columbus area.
    Congratulations on your new Genesis. I sure am enjoying mine. The only fault I can find after 10-months of ownership is the "flat spot" in acceleration when one steps on the gas initially.

The head unit/ MIS sure takes a while to learn. Maybe one can apply for a degree after mastering it

jnc2000 is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan
    I live in NE Ohio / Pittsburgh
    Cars in my garage

Bump... any new Ohio owners?

MoabGen is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in N/A
    Cars in my garage

Yes. Wouldn't mind doing a meet up at some point once it warms up.

Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    Hello everyone I am new to the Genesis world. I was a tech for Hyundai for three years I loved it but I have moved on to one of the big three. But I still love my Genesis I picked up in 09 with the technology package 4.6 love it. From the Columbus area would like to get together more just ask us and shoot the shit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast