Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Engine swap?

Thread: Engine swap?

Boostedforte is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis/Equus In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)

Thumbs up Engine swap?

Members don't see this ad
    Hi, first allow myself to introduce....myself?!?! I'm Sal from NYC. I do not own a genesis, I don't even own a Hyundai. What I do own is a 2010 Kia forte koup. Now before you guys start chewing me out, I've come here for some help. Right now my car is boosted to 325hp. Which isn't bad for a 4cyl. It's just not enough for me. I love the look of my car, but I love the 3.8 engine a lot better. No one makes after market engine parts for the thetaII engine (2.4 Kia engine) what also kills me is that it's fwd. My plan is to not only do an engine swap with a 3.8, but a whole drivetran swap and convert my little Kia to a rwd 3.8. what I'm hoping for is of anyone can do me a huge favor and get under their car and take some pics for me. I'd like to see where on the genny does the rear axle bolt up to, maybe some pics of the driveshaft and tranny and if anyone can tell me where I can get some info on the dimensions of the rear axle.

Also, is the axle, tranny and driveshaft the same for the 2.0T as it is for the 3.8, what are the gear ratios, and maybe some engine compartment pics.

And lastly, some of the frame work under the engine and in the rear. I would really appreciate it! I love my car, I put a lot of work into it, but nothing beats rwd.

Btw....if you guys are looking for a turbo set up for the 3.8, you should get in contact with turbokits.com. When I was getting my turbo installed they had one on the lift they were working on. I think he said it was pushing out 700+HP. Don't qout me on that tho! Lol I could be wrong. But again, thanks in advance!

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Default Re: Engine swap?

Sal, unless you have a couple hundred pounds of cocaine hidden in your rocker panels that would be extremely inconvenient for you to remove and install in another car, it will be a lot cheaper to sell your current car and buy a brand new Genesis coupe with 3.8, and start mods from there. It would probably even be cheaper to purchase a Genesis Sedan R-Spec.

Boostedforte is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis/Equus In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)

How did you know where I hide my coke?

All kidding aside, I understand the price. I've figured labor alone for the swap it's self will run around $15k-$20k. I've invested a lot of time and money in the present car to just sell it off. Plus this is a tuner thing, thinking outside the box type deal.

ImInPA is offline Registered Member What I drive: In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)

Sal, photos will be pretty useless too, as the Genesis has a longitudinally mounted engine (RWD) and the Forte has a transverse mounted (FWD) layout. It would be easier to mount a couple JATOS to the rear for track day.

Does anyone know if the sedans V8 will bolt up to the coupes 6spd manual tranny and is the rear axle the same for all models?

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Boostedforte View Post
    Does anyone know if the sedans V8 will bolt up to the coupes 6spd manual tranny and is the rear axle the same for all models?
    Pretty sure the rear axles are different. The Genesis Coupe and Sedan don't really have that much in common.