Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: LED DRL for Genesis Sedan
    srturner is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan

Default LED DRL for Genesis Sedan

Members don't see this ad
    I know this has been repeated several times - anyone have any suggestions to add LED DRL on my Genesis Sedan (2011 4.6) that doesn't require opening up the headlight assembly - perhaps put it near the fog lights without making it look cheap.

I am looking for something that really adds a nice look to the vehicle and serves a purpose.

Thanks!!

scottdk is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
    I live in Minnesota

Default Re: LED DRL for Genesis Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by srturner View Post
    I know this has been repeated several times - anyone have any suggestions to add LED DRL on my Genesis Sedan (2011 4.6) that doesn't require opening up the headlight assembly - perhaps put it near the fog lights without making it look cheap.

I am looking for something that really adds a nice look to the vehicle and serves a purpose.

Thanks!!
    If you take out the OEM bulbs that come on with the headlights and/or parking lights, then spend a couple dollars on replacement LED's you'd have the easiest and probably cleanest install for what you're looking for. The bulbs are easy to get to.
    MN Window Tinter

2009 4.6 with Tech package Black on Black 50,000 miles
    2012 Kia Optima SX 2.0 GDI-t
    2003 Subaru Outback L.L. Bean H6
    2006 Sonata LX 3.3L - Sold July 1, 2013

http://www.youtube.com/user/Scott1tothe7

2012 R Spec suspension conversion - Uniq rigid collars - Lip spoiler - R Spec wheels with wing emblems - KDM wing airbag - MagnaFlow setup - StopTech sport slotted rotors - StopTech stainless steel brake lines - PowerStop Carbon/Ceramic pads - painted grill - 245 45 19 Conti DW tires

Darth V8er is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
    I live in Chula Vista, CA

Check out my photo album to see the LED/DLRs I installed.

srturner is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan

I saw the photos and it looks great.....so those are the MB E350 LEDs....do you have a post on the whole install process?

Thanks for the info.

LA Genesis is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Los Angeles, CA.

Members don't see this ad
    Darth, holy cow you're car looks fantastic! I hate wood in a car and chose my Genesis model in part because it didn't have wood on the steering wheel. But I think I've changed my mind after seeing your wood upgrade. The little wood piece on the glove box opener is an especially nice touch. You've also got me thinking about adding a wing badge to the hood. I changed all the other badges but originally wanted the clean look of an unbadged hood.

I really like your LEDs. I wish there was a way to light up our existing LEDs during daytime driving instead of just using them at night when the headlights are on.

Great job on the upgrades!
    2015 Genesis 3.8 Ultimate RWD
    Ibiza Blue/Ivory Interior

Former owner of 2012 Genesis Premium/Tech