Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Backup Camera question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CamarilloBrillo is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan

Default Backup Camera question

Members don't see this ad
    Every car I've driven with a back up camera adjusts the proximity lines on the camera when you turn the wheel. Mine does not move. Is this normal?

homeofstone is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
    I live in Athens, Georgia, USA

Default Re: Backup Camera question

Yes
    Current vehicles:
    2011 4.6 with tech, Athens, GA owner
    2011 Mercedes E63 AMG
    2005 Mercedes E500 w/sport pkg.
    2013 GMC Yukon XL Denali AWD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289cid V8 restored

PMCErnie is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Richmond, VA

Quote Originally Posted by CamarilloBrillo View Post
    Every car I've driven with a back up camera adjusts the proximity lines on the camera when you turn the wheel. Mine does not move. Is this normal?
    Yes, it's your new normal. No big deal, really. To be honest, I'd prefer a backup beeper-sensor like I have on my Taurus to the camera on my Genesis.
    2012 Cabernet Red Pearl & Cashmere
    3.8 V-6 with Premium Pkg only

Mods/Accessories: Trunk wings, wheel cap wings, chrome side trim, illuminated door sills, mud guards, all-weather winter floor mats and trunk cargo mat. Llumar Air Blue 80 ceramic tint. Custom-made left foot rest/dead pedal.

- 2014 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T AWD (wife)

STREETS is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Connecticut

The Genesis has both
    Owner Genesis 3.8 TECH White/Cashmere with Genesis Wing replacement inside-out, LEDs

Ruissimo is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan

Yeah... parking assist is great - combined with the rear camera, it is perfect for backing my car into a small garage every day! And it already saved me from a high curb too!

I noticed you have a Premium package - parking assist comes with the Tech package. Useful little tool!

2012 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R Spec Black / Black Click here for album
    (KDM Badges front/rear/wheels/steering wheel, sticker for now 35% Tint)

CamarilloBrillo is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by Ruissimo View Post
    Yeah... parking assist is great - combined with the rear camera, it is perfect for backing my car into a small garage every day! And it already saved me from a high curb too!

I noticed you have a Premium package - parking assist comes with the Tech package. Useful little tool!
    Thanks for the replies.

I know about the parking assist and, to be perfectly honest, I haven't parallel parked yet - not a big deal but I am a tad nervous about it. I know that I would be evaluating the tech and to an onlooker look like a dimwit trying to park. I need to find an out of the way place to do it a few times.

I was mostly worried that I might have had an issue with some sensor as I tried to see the headlamps move and never saw that either.

The parking sensors are nice and saved me from a high curb as well but they are pretty stinking sensitive which I prefer over the opposite. I never noticed how low the bumper is on the front ... seems pretty low to me.

Philth is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis/Equus In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)

Quote Originally Posted by CamarilloBrillo View Post
    Thanks for the replies.

I know about the parking assist and, to be perfectly honest, I haven't parallel parked yet - not a big deal but I am a tad nervous about it. I know that I would be evaluating the tech and to an onlooker look like a dimwit trying to park. I need to find an out of the way place to do it a few times.

I was mostly worried that I might have had an issue with some sensor as I tried to see the headlamps move and never saw that either.

The parking sensors are nice and saved me from a high curb as well but they are pretty stinking sensitive which I prefer over the opposite. I never noticed how low the bumper is on the front ... seems pretty low to me.
    You're aware of the side mirror tilt down feature as well, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Philth View Post
    You're aware of the side mirror tilt down feature as well, right?
    Yes, and side mirrors pointing straight down into the ground are of little use to me for normal backing up scenarios. Perhaps I will find the utility in them when I practice parallel parking.

EXBMWGUY is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan
    I live in Twin Cities, Minnesota

Ah . . A trip down the memory lane of first-time parallel parking: 58' VW, 4 spd, quirky cluster of three pedals on the floor, San Francisco hill, backing uphill. OUCH!

How different things are now!
    2012 R-Spec, Black, Tinted, Wings - Rear, Wheels, Steering Wheel.

PMCErnie is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Richmond, VA

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by STREETS View Post
    The Genesis has both
    Not the base, or Premium 3.8. I have just the camera.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast