Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: difference between 5.0 genesis and r spec genesis
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    deepcolor is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan

Default difference between 5.0 genesis and r spec genesis

Members don't see this ad
    does anyone know if the 0-60 times are different? shifting different?
    both have 429 hp, so besides the different suspension, tires/rims/mats/rspec emblems/ etc. what's the difference (if any) in the performance stats?

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Default Re: difference between 5.0 genesis and r spec genesis

There is probably a difference in transmission shifting or gear ratio's. The R-Spec EPA MPG ratings are about 1 MPG less than the 5.0.

Big_tugg is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8

Quote Originally Posted by deepcolor View Post
    does anyone know if the 0-60 times are different? shifting different?
    both have 429 hp, so besides the different suspension, tires/rims/mats/rspec emblems/ etc. what's the difference (if any) in the performance stats?
    I always wondered that myself, I have a 5.0...but not a R-SPEC

Ruissimo is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan

According to Hyundai, the non-cosmetic differences (like exterior and interior color choices) are:

R Spec vs. Non-R Spec
    • Wheels: Alloy Wheels, 19-In. X 8.0-In. vs. Alloy Wheels, 18-In. X 7.5-In.
    • Tires: SBRP235/45R19 vs. SBRP235/50R18 Tires
    • Front Suspension: Independent Multi-Link Front Suspension With Coil Springs, Sachs® ASD Gas Charged Shock Absorbers and Sport Ride Type vs. Independent Multi-Link Front Suspension With Coil Springs and Sachs® ASD Gas Charged Shock Absorbers
    • Rear Suspension: Independent Multi-Link Rear Suspension With Coil Springs, Sachs® ASD Gas Charged Shock Absorbers and Sport Ride Type vs. Independent Multi-Link Rear Suspension With Coil Springs and Sachs® ASD Gas Charged Shock Absorbers
    • Front Stabilizer Bar: 26-mm Front vs. 25-mm Front
    • Rear Stabilizer Bar: 19-mm Rear vs. 18-mm Rear

No other changes are mentioned in the specs that were released (at least to my knowledge) except that the final gear ratios are exactly the same for the R Spec and Non-R Spec, both.

I don't remember Hyundai explaining what "Sport Ride Type" means, exactly. LOL
    Last edited by Ruissimo; 07-28-2012 at 05:32 PM.

2012 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R Spec Black / Black • Click here for album
    (KDM Badges front/rear/wheels/steering wheel, sticker for now • 35% Tint)

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by Ruissimo View Post
    According to Hyundai, the non-cosmetic differences (like exterior and interior color choices) are:

R Spec vs. Non-R Spec
    • Wheels: Alloy Wheels, 19-In. X 8.0-In. vs. Alloy Wheels, 18-In. X 7.5-In.
    • Tires: SBRP235/45R19 vs. SBRP235/50R18 Tires
    • Front Suspension: Independent Multi-Link Front Suspension With Coil Springs, Sachs® ASD Gas Charged Shock Absorbers and Sport Ride Type vs. Independent Multi-Link Front Suspension With Coil Springs and Sachs® ASD Gas Charged Shock Absorbers
    • Rear Suspension: Independent Multi-Link Rear Suspension With Coil Springs, Sachs® ASD Gas Charged Shock Absorbers and Sport Ride Type vs. Independent Multi-Link Rear Suspension With Coil Springs and Sachs® ASD Gas Charged Shock Absorbers
    • Front Stabilizer Bar: 26-mm Front vs. 25-mm Front
    • Rear Stabilizer Bar: 19-mm Rear vs. 18-mm Rear

No other changes are mentioned in the specs that were released (at least to my knowledge) except that the final gear ratios are exactly the same for the R Spec and Non-R Spec, both.
    I don't remember Hyundai explaining what "Sport Ride Type" means, exactly. LOL
    If the gear ratios are different (not just final ratio) then the shift points must be different since the R-Spec gets 1 MPG less than the 5.0.
    Last edited by Ruissimo; 07-28-2012 at 05:33 PM.

LenP5.0 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8
    I live in Hampton Roads, VA

Suspension and its tuning including the 19 in wheels and summer tires are the mechanical differences, the rest is understated badging (floor mats) and a badge on the rear of the car. Supposed to have a more sporting transmission shift pattern but hard to determine what that constitues. I have a 5.0 and it runs great, the ride is a bit choppy/firm but liveable, and not as harsh as the R-Spec is supposed to be. Otherwise a fine car - but not listed as a choice on this forum.
    LenP5.0

Seattle Genesis is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8
    I live in Seattle / Renton, WA

oh.. you forgot the wonderful designer r-spec floor mats
    Seattle Genesis

2017 - Patagonia/Ivory G90 AWD V8 Ultimate SOON !
    2015 - Black/Black Genesis V8 Ultimate
    2012 - Black/Black Genesis V8 R-spec
    2009 - Titanium/Black Genesis V6

Ruissimo is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Genesis View Post
    oh.. you forgot the wonderful designer r-spec floor mats
    I like the regular GENESIS ones better to be honest.

I may buy an extra set of GENESIS ones and save the OEM R Spec's for when I sell the car.

Potty_Pants is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan

larger tires/rims will result in lower gas mileage this is why they show it 1mpg less.

ppp
    Olds Starfire > Chevy Malibu > Isuzu I-mark RS > Grand Am GT > Nissan Maxima > X-Wife > Hyundai Excel > Honda Prelude > Honda Accord > Honda Prelude > Infiniti G35 > BMW E90 335i > Hyundai Genesis Rspec, Hyunadai Sonata > Kia Sorento > Honda CRV-EX

jnc2000 is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan
    I live in NE Ohio / Pittsburgh

Members don't see this ad
    A set of nice aftermarket forged rims would fix that problem...

Less unsprung weight = better response

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast