“New” G70 US Availability

Ed Okin

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Thread starter #1
Can we all just start over here and have some friendly and informative interactions?

The owner of this site has chosen to make it open to whoever registers. Making a contribution is nice, but optional. I don’t think it’s anyone’s business why someone does or does not contribute as long as the site owner does not require it.

People posting on this site seem to want to share useful information, but this topic is one where the information is very limited. Thank you to everyone that has reached out to Genesis USA and/or their local dealers to attempt to get information.

Ed Okin

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Thread starter #3

COToad

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
From Larry Printz article: "The motor-driven power steering provides more precise steering feel than electric units".

I thought I read it was electric like all the other competition???

Hope he's right about the timeframe, my 3 series lease ends in October and would like to have the G70 as a choice for replacement.

mhinz82

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I work for a Hyundai/Genesis dealer in south central U.S. - The most up to date information we have on a release is on par with recent media reporting: Aug - Nov. That's a pretty broad window. I've been watching competitor marketing and distribution habits. Volvo for example released design, a physical example(s) and detailed website info so far as to "build your own" well prior to release of its new S60 this winter. Granted, they have an established dealer network. However, the difference between them and Genesis with the G70 release is really embarrassing. Also, Genesis cannot seem to get the build data (how cars can be optioned and what trim comes with what) correct as media reports conflicting information they receive from Genesis reps (specifically on the 6 speed manual Sport trim). I'm watching how BMW brings out the new 3 series - I anticipate they too will have a streamlined release just as Volvo has with the upcoming S60. Hyundai is an old and massive company - this fumbling of the ball on the first snap is a horrendous start for their first true Genesis vehicle.

Ed Okin

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Thread starter #6
I work for a Hyundai/Genesis dealer in south central U.S. - The most up to date information we have on a release is on par with recent media reporting: Aug - Nov. That's a pretty broad window. I've been watching competitor marketing and distribution habits. Volvo for example released design, a physical example(s) and detailed website info so far as to "build your own" well prior to release of its new S60 this winter. Granted, they have an established dealer network. However, the difference between them and Genesis with the G70 release is really embarrassing. Also, Genesis cannot seem to get the build data (how cars can be optioned and what trim comes with what) correct as media reports conflicting information they receive from Genesis reps (specifically on the 6 speed manual Sport trim). I'm watching how BMW brings out the new 3 series - I anticipate they too will have a streamlined release just as Volvo has with the upcoming S60. Hyundai is an old and massive company - this fumbling of the ball on the first snap is a horrendous start for their first true Genesis vehicle.
Thank you for the background and observations. For many of us (most of us?) on this forum it is our first experience with observing the launch of a new vehicle.

It makes me wonder if Lexus, Infiniti or Acura had these same issues as they launched their new brands many years ago. They did not have social media as a marketing tool, nor as a vehicle of marketing critique.

My interest in Genesis began, as for many, when Hyundai debuted its original Genesis model and, over time, converted me from a 3-time Honda/Acura owner to a 3-time Hyundai owner and potentially Genesis owner.

My patience with Genesis is due primarily to a lot of good will built by positive relations with the Hyundai dealer and same excellent sales person from whom I purchased all three vehicles, and an excellent service department which, interestingly, are actually two separate dealerships.

devellis

Been here awhile...
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
It makes me wonder if Lexus, Infiniti or Acura had these same issues as they launched their new brands many years ago.
Although I didn't follow those releases as closely as I'm following this one, I don't remember missteps of this caliber. Lexus in particular seemed to have a very smooth introduction, as I recall. My brother was an early adopter (and actually sold Lexus cars at a later date), picking one up early on. I remember his being very impressed with the whole process. This was pretty much the first time that a car company would call people shortly after they took delivery, thanking them for their purchase and asking if they were fully satisfied with the car. Maybe word just couldn't spread as efficiently back then but I don't remember any grumblings around the Lexus intro.

larrymg1

Registered Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Thank you to everyone that has reached out to Genesis USA and/or their local dealers to attempt to get information.
Happy to have shared any information that I was able to dig up. Thanks to all others.

ctrcbob

Been here awhile...
My only Genesis was the 2009 Motor Trend Car of the Yeat. 2009 V8. God but not great car. Just a few things I did not like about it.

DEALERS. I purchased the Genesis from Orlando Hyundai (Genesis). (25 miles from my Mt. Dora location). Not a good buying experience and I would not buy from them again, however, their Service Department is THE BEST, and I take my Sonatas there for service. They have one of the ten best Hyundai Certified Master Technicians in the country and I always request Mark to do the servicing.

I purchased both my 2015 and 2018 Sonatas from Coastal Hyundai in Melbourne, 105 miles from my home. Great buying experience. If I get another Hyundai or Genesis, I'll get it at Coastal. Although too far to go for service, I'll continue to use Orlando Hyundai for service.

My closest dealer is Jenkins Hyundai in Leesburg FL only 8 miles away. I don't buy from them as they play games in sales, bump up window stickers, and will not give a deal. Never tried their service as I'm happy with the Orlando Hyundai service.

Waiting to see the G70 and what dealers will sell it. If Coastal (Melbourne) sells Genesis. Ill check with my guy there and perhaps buy.

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Coupe (2009-2016)
I recieved an email today frrom

INTRODUCING THE
FIRST-EVER GENESIS G70

The Genesis G70 is almost here. With its striking exterior design, advanced features and impressive performance,
the G70 is ready to take your comfort, enjoyment
and adrenaline to the next level. If you haven't already, sign up to be one of the first to get news and exclusive information about this newest member of the Genesis family. Start now with a sneak peek below.

INTRODUCING THE
FIRST-EVER GENESIS G70

The Genesis G70 is almost here. With its striking exterior design, advanced features and impressive performance,
and adrenaline to the next level. If you haven't already, sign up to be one of the first to get news and exclusive information about this newest member of the Genesis family. Start now with a sneak peek below.

INTRODUCING THE
FIRST-EVER GENESIS G70

larrymg1

Registered Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
INTRODUCING THE
FIRST-EVER GENESIS G70

Received the same email. Priming the pump. Get out the popcorn. The show may be finally ready to start. :popcorn:

joneillnj

Hasn't posted much yet...
So, I guess "this summer," with its Sept. 20th limit, is now down the drain. That resets the outside window to Dec. 20th (last day of Fall). Ugh!
I suspect that Genesis will become a business school case study on how to completely screw up a brand launch!

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Coupe (2009-2016)
I believe I read the CA press cars showed a build date of May. I also read that some G70s maybe sitting at local ports. So does this mean when we purchase we may be buying a 6 or 7 month old car? Considering I keep my car in the garage and well pampered this thought does not sit well with me.

BlancaGenny

Been here awhile...
I believe I read the CA press cars showed a build date of May. I also read that some G70s maybe sitting at local ports. So does this mean when we purchase we may be buying a 6 or 7 month old car? Considering I keep my car in the garage and well pampered this thought does not sit well with me.
This is usually the car with many imported cars. The shortest can take only four weeks from build date up to 4 months depending on supply and demand. The Stingers were sitting in a port and a picture confirmed that. The picture was taken in August. They released them in December. It’s in a thread over on their forum. I have zero doubt there are G70sin our ports waiting for distribution.

shaselai

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
ugh that sucks. I might end up getting an Audi A5 and not even be able to test drive the g70. I really wanted to give this car an honest shot at my next car but the delays... The only con i read and am cautious for the G70 was the leg room and not as flashy as A5's interior, and the gas thing.. Other than that i really wanted to try it out!
Of course the A5 deal i have could fall apart since the salesperson is trying to swindle me -_-

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.