10 year / 100k mile extended warranty price

TennesseePhil

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I've arranged to buy a GV70 Sport Prestige from Genesis of Atlanta. They are charging MSRP and giving me a $15k trade in on my 2015 Subaru Outback with 94k miles, so I'm happy with the deal. However, when I asked about the 10 year, 100k mi Genesis extended warranty, they quoted a price of $3,789. That seems very high to me. What's a reasonable price to pay for the extended warranty on this car?

How long do you have to buy the extended warranty after delivery of the car?

Are there any dealers offering good deals on the extended warranty?

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

ultra63

Been here awhile...
FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
why buy a 10 year warranty now? Better to decide in 3-5 years as a lot can change.

TennesseePhil

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
why buy a 10 year warranty now? Better to decide in 3-5 years as a lot can change.
I think there's a time limit on how long you can wait after delivery before buying the extended warranty. If someone knows for sure, please let us know.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I've arranged to buy a GV70 Sport Prestige from Genesis of Atlanta. They are charging MSRP and giving me a $15k trade in on my 2015 Subaru Outback with 94k miles, so I'm happy with the deal. However, when I asked about the 10 year, 100k mi Genesis extended warranty, they quoted a price of $3,789. That seems very high to me. What's a reasonable price to pay for the extended warranty on this car?

You are trading your present car after six years. The new car has both a 5/60 and a 10/100 warranty from the factory. Why are you looking to buy an extended?

Put the $3750 in a good stock fund and in six years use it for the down payment on the next car and come out ahead.

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW, TX
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
With a 5 year bumper to bumper warranty now, not sure it’s really value added to purchase more? But to each his own. We have power train to 10 years which should cover most emission, engine and transmission major items, less alternators, A/C and interior type issues. Those of us that keep our cars 7-8 years are in the minority but I still don’t buy extra warranties for generally they don’t get used much.

Starflyer

Hasn't posted much yet...
Vancouver WA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Put the $3750 in a good stock fund and in six years use it for the down payment on the next car and come out ahead.
Put it in Tesla and you may have enough to buy a new car outright in 5 years...

Beachcomber1126

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

I asked about adding an extended Genesis warranty to my '18 G80 w/32K on it and the finance guy said the price was good until I hit 40K. They will also be glad to sell you an extended warranty at any point.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

That is exactly the price I was quoted on my G90.

bmany

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
That is exactly the price I was quoted on my G90.
I stopped in Hyundai of Kennesaw Ga., the other day to discuss getting an extended warranty on my 2019 G90.
$2489.00 to extend my car to 149K. It currently has 35K on it. (I only have a 50k warranty currently, because my car wasn't new when I bought it)

The only reason I'm hesitating is because this is not a Hyundai Factory Warranty..it's the Warranty that this particular dealer has skin with, and sells. Maybe that's not a bad thing. "Triton Protect" is the name.. It's bumper to bumper, and is the same price that I paid for a lesser warranty on Lexus LS 7 years ago.
But..... it's a 3rd party warranty company.

Can anyone provide a comment as to whether we need to avoid 3rd party extended warranties? Or take advantage of the better rates they offer thru the Hyundai dealers.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I stopped in Hyundai of Kennesaw Ga., the other day to discuss getting an extended warranty on my 2019 G90.
$2489.00 to extend my car to 149K. It currently has 35K on it. (I only have a 50k warranty currently, because my car wasn't new when I bought it)

The only reason I'm hesitating is because this is not a Hyundai Factory Warranty..it's the Warranty that this particular dealer has skin with, and sells. Maybe that's not a bad thing. "Triton Protect" is the name.. It's bumper to bumper, and is the same price that I paid for a lesser warranty on Lexus LS 7 years ago.

Can anyone provide a comment as to whether we need to avoid 3rd party extended warranties? Or take advantage of the better rates they offer thru the Hyundai dealers.
You can see the Google reviews here. Looks like on the way from one bumper to the other some parts not covered.

amazonman

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70

Do yourself a huge favor and avoid any third party warranty. They will disclaim and refuse to pay anytime they can.

PMCErnie

Ancient ‘steemed Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)

First of all you are in luck. You currently have a 5 year/60,000 warranty, not 50,000.

Next, you should consider how long you expect to keep your car. An extended warranty can really pay off if, like me, you keep your cars a long time. I pass mine on to family members for free and transfer the warranty to them.

Finally, extended warranty prices are negotiable. There are plenty of reliable non-Hyundai warranty brands out there.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners