12.5 Nav Update Available

Gene2

Been here awhile...
Glendale,AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
My navigation update was done on Nov. 15 this year to version 12. Now 19 days later there is a new update to version 12.5. I can't get another update till next year. Not allowed to purchase extra map updates or install myself. Must be done by dealer. Next nov they will update me to version 13 and within a month a new update will be out.
This system for the G90 sucks

Hueydriver

Registered Member
Miramar, Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I called Genesis customer service regarding an update for my 2018 G80 with the 8.0” screen and was told the map update was recalled by programmers due to an error that screws up the screen. I was also told to call at the end of December for status.

vasy

Getting familiar with the group...
VA
My navigation update was done on Nov. 15 this year to version 12. Now 19 days later there is a new update to version 12.5. I can't get another update till next year. Not allowed to purchase extra map updates or install myself. Must be done by dealer. Next nov they will update me to version 13 and within a month a new update will be out.
I'm not sure if I was looking at the right screen for navigation map version in my 2018 G90 but I couldn't relate my map version (in attached pic) to what's being reported here (11, 12 or 12.5). What version do I have? My car was manufactured in Oct. 2017.

Attachments

Mike734

Been here awhile...
Seattle area
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
You don't have to wait. Just read the website. It says if you don't have the latest update you are entitled to it for no charge. Simply go to the dealer and insist. If they balk, call customer care.

Gene2

Been here awhile...
Glendale,AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Customer care told me they do the update once a year. On or after my anniversary date.
Had my first update so will have to wait till Oct 2019 for next update.
Customer care says that is the mapnsoft web site not the Genesis policy

Mike734

Been here awhile...
Seattle area
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Customer care told me they do the update once a year. On or after my anniversary date.
Had my first update so will have to wait till Oct 2019 for next update.
Customer care says that is the mapnsoft web site not the Genesis policy
You’ve got to fight,

For your right,

To paaaaaarty.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.