12.5 Nav Update Available

Gene2

Been here awhile...
Glendale,AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
My navigation update was done on Nov. 15 this year to version 12. Now 19 days later there is a new update to version 12.5. I can't get another update till next year. Not allowed to purchase extra map updates or install myself. Must be done by dealer. Next nov they will update me to version 13 and within a month a new update will be out.
This system for the G90 sucks

Hueydriver

Registered Member
Miramar, Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I called Genesis customer service regarding an update for my 2018 G80 with the 8.0” screen and was told the map update was recalled by programmers due to an error that screws up the screen. I was also told to call at the end of December for status.

vasy

Getting familiar with the group...
VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
My navigation update was done on Nov. 15 this year to version 12. Now 19 days later there is a new update to version 12.5. I can't get another update till next year. Not allowed to purchase extra map updates or install myself. Must be done by dealer. Next nov they will update me to version 13 and within a month a new update will be out.
I'm not sure if I was looking at the right screen for navigation map version in my 2018 G90 but I couldn't relate my map version (in attached pic) to what's being reported here (11, 12 or 12.5). What version do I have? My car was manufactured in Oct. 2017.

Attachments

Mike734

Been here awhile...
Seattle area
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
You don't have to wait. Just read the website. It says if you don't have the latest update you are entitled to it for no charge. Simply go to the dealer and insist. If they balk, call customer care.

Gene2

Been here awhile...
Glendale,AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Customer care told me they do the update once a year. On or after my anniversary date.
Had my first update so will have to wait till Oct 2019 for next update.
Customer care says that is the mapnsoft web site not the Genesis policy

Mike734

Been here awhile...
Seattle area
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Customer care told me they do the update once a year. On or after my anniversary date.
Had my first update so will have to wait till Oct 2019 for next update.
Customer care says that is the mapnsoft web site not the Genesis policy
You’ve got to fight,

For your right,

To paaaaaarty.

phil1980

Getting familiar with the group...
Ordered 2 days ago and installed 12.5 today. Last time I ordered in March 2018. So you don't have to wait 12 months to order next update. Could be once in a calendar year or something else.

Hueydriver

Registered Member
Miramar, Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Just got this email from Genesis customer service regarding the update:

Hi Andrew,<br /> <br /> As far as we're aware, installation testing went successfully and the software was forwarded to Hyundai for approval. We're waiting for the OK from them to activate the downloads

Gene2

Been here awhile...
Glendale,AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Yes you can order the update for the G80, And have it sent to you.
G90 doesn't let you do it yourself, must be done by dealership

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Not according to the email I received!
I've had 1 Hyundai Genesis and 2 G80 updates sent to me. No download available for Ultimate. What do you think is incorrect?

Mike734

Been here awhile...
Seattle area
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I’ve tried and tried but they will not let me self install on my G90. It’s nice to see the 2020 version will allow OTA (over the air) updates. Only took them 3 years after their competition.

waveman

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Alabama
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
What I have been told by Genesis: 12.5 had a program problem that was screwing up the update. Programmers were redoing/reprogramming the update.
EdP was referring to the fact that nav updates for the G90 can't be downloaded by owners and have to be installed at a dealer. I know that this applies to both 2017 models and, I assume, to the 2018 and 2019 versions as well. As Mike734 notes, however, the 2020s will introduce OTA updates, a welcome change.

secundinus

SUPPORTING MEMBER
National Capital Region
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90