'12 equus ultimate updated with wheels and vinyl wrapping and lowering links

Beau2424

Been here awhile...
YIIOUIOLK,.jpg7ILY,KI.jpgEQQQ.jpgUI.L,KJ,LK.jpgOIOUILUIL.jpgLLKLKLKLK.jpg

ferrada 20's 245/40/20 x 9 on front
ferrada 20's 285/35/20 x 10.5 on rear

had all the chrome vinyl wrapped satin black

installed the lowering links to drop it about 1.75"

getting the equus powder coated black next week and painting the absurdly big and ugly brake calipers a gloss black next also

Beau2424

Been here awhile...
two of the pics make it look like matte black... but i left it the glossy black and just had the all the chrome vinyl wrapped in a satin black.. which is between a matte and gloss finish...

My1stEquus

Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Beau2424. I was seriously considering a Genesis 5.0 R-Spec and then I came across this post. After seeing your Equus I had no other choice but to purchase one. Found a nice 1 owner 2014 Signature for a fair deal. I love your style. I'm thinking about purchasing some 20" Koko Kuture Kapan wheels. What lowering links did you use if you dont mind me asking? How is the ride quality with the 20's and lowered? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Sick ass ride btw.

cruno

Registered Member
NJ
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Beau2424. I was seriously considering a Genesis 5.0 R-Spec and then I came across this post. After seeing your Equus I had no other choice but to purchase one. Found a nice 1 owner 2014 Signature for a fair deal. I love your style. I'm thinking about purchasing some 20" Koko Kuture Kapan wheels. What lowering links did you use if you dont mind me asking? How is the ride quality with the 20's and lowered? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Sick ass ride btw.
I talked to Beau2424 on Instagram a few months ago and he actually doesn't have the Equus anymore :( so I don't think he visits these forums still.

I believe he used the ones listed here: Equus Fully Adjustable Air Suspension Lowering Kit Links Module Kits Now Available!

I actually own these links now I just haven't put them in yet. I'm waiting until next Spring when I get new wheels/tires.

My1stEquus

Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Damn, that sucks. Thanks for the info. I'm stuck on wheel choices as well. It's a toss up between the 20" and 22" Kapans. The kapans aren't too much different that the current 19" turbines which I love. I just want bigger. What wheel setup are you looking at?

cruno

Registered Member
NJ
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Damn, that sucks. Thanks for the info. I'm stuck on wheel choices as well. It's a toss up between the 20" and 22" Kapans. The kapans aren't too much different that the current 19" turbines which I love. I just want bigger. What wheel setup are you looking at?
I'm going with the same as Beau2424 has. 20" Ferrada FR4 with slightly wider tires in the rear. Anything larger than 20" I feel will compromise the softer ride of the Equus too much. I figure what is the point of driving a luxury sedan if it has a harsh ride?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My1stEquus

Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
I have 22s. No real difference in the ride. Highway is about the same. My passengers still says it feels like we are floating. Running 22x9 255/30/22 for fronts and 22x10.5 295/25/22 in the back.
Sweet looking ride. Do you have any clearance issues or rubbing?

brucehulkbanner

Hasn't posted much yet...
MD
Sweet looking ride. Do you have any clearance issues or rubbing?
Thank u. definitely no clearance issues and full radius turns. With five passengers nose rubbing. I don't like the lowered look but even with 22s there is about a two and a half inch gap. When I push the suspension button it goes up to about 3 and 1/2 to 4 inch gap. I probably could have gone a bigger tire size up but I like it