• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

'13 3.8 R-spec blown motor

d962r

Hasn't posted much yet...
2013 R-spec with 38k miles now has 4 holes out the bottom of the block. No over rev. was getting onto freeway 3rd gear 3500 -4000 rpm @ 35-40 mph and it was like someone reached over and turn the key off. NO WARNING!!! No rod knock. Good oil changes and use good synthetic oil. Just clunk clunk BANG!!! pulled over and she bled out all over the side of the road. looks like a rod let go right at the threads and angles up towards the piston. Not sure what caused it yet and it sounds like they will not even tear it down to find out.... just shipping a new motor out and will warranty it. Hope the new motor lasts longer then the other one.

Has anyone else had his issue?

d962r

Either way 38000 miles and brake a rod... That's not right. And now I hear its not uncommon. going up for sale as soon as it gets back from the dealer.

d962r

Month later I get the car back.... For about and hour. Smelled gas and while heading back to the dealer it goes into some form of limp mode and won't go more then 20mph and I can't even rev the engine. Gas is all over the top of the engine and I was lucky it didn't catch fire on the way back.

It will be another week they said.... I'm so done with this car, but I can't lemon law it because it's over the mileage limitation of 24000 miles. Such B/S

Captain Howdy

Oregon
Spend every spare second you have on the sidewalk in front of the dealer with a HUGE sign that says "Lemons sold here". Make sure EVERY customer that drives in sees you and tell them your story.
You will be surprised at how fast your car get's fixed to your satisfaction once they are losing multiple sales because of you.
They can fix your car for a few thousands or lose hundreds of thousands in lost sales.