• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

'18 G80 Sport Polar Ice - 6 Month Experience

Scamp

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I sent you a text.
Hi Tissle. Can you expand on your experience with trying to get the dealer to do the right thing to get your warranty officiated?

I am in the process of negotiating a deal on a demo car and want to ensure I go through the right steps to ensure they don't try to do something similar to me.

mgg

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I also have a 2018 Polar Ice G80 Sport AWD. It was executive driven and had just less than 3500 miles on it. I have had it now for about 6 week and have put a little over 1600 miles on the car. Started out getting about 17.7 miles to the gallon mostly city driving and then it got cold here and the mileage dropped to 14.2. I blame 2 things for the mileage drop. One was that I was running the car with that remote start for 10 minutes in the morning and 10 minutes at night before and after work and we got snow. It warmed up for a few days and my mileage went rt back to 17+ miles per gallon and I got 24 miles per gallon on the highway.
I am concerned about the service but I am only 39.2 miles from the dealer where the car was purchased. However Racine Hyundia just sent me an email stating they have been awarded a Genesis Dealership and they are 8 miles from my house so I hope I can use them for most service. We will see how it goes with the new Genesis Dealerships.
So far I love the car. It ain't perfect. Three things I would really like are: To be able to put a regular size bottle of water in the door pocket. ( I could do this in my Honda and it was nice), fold down back seats, and 12 volt outlets in the rear council. I new all of these things going in. Maybe 2020.
But this car does so much really well. It is a pleasure to drive.
mgg

vmi9d3

Registered Member
Odenton, MD
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
the data services:

for the G80 the Sirius Data Services are free for 3 years, Traffic updates, Weather, Stocks, Local Gas Station search with pricing, Sport Team Scores and Updates.

The radio part is only free for 3 months. the Data Service for 3 years, and are 2 separate items in the Radio, but they use the same chipset and antenna from Sirius.

my data services went out, no traffic updates, says "no signal" on the data services screen, called Sirius and troubleshooted with them, then went through a whole process with me that took over 30 minutes and the data services came back for about 2 hours, then failed again.

Called them back, and they told me it was a problem with my unit, I told the lady she was full of $hit and told her to sign me up for the radio services and I would guaranty it would then work, she signed me up, and sure enough within 3 minutes everything worked again.

I cancelled the service the next day and guess what, the data services all stopped working, even though on the data services screen under the "my subscribed services" menu item it shows that I am currently subscribed to the data services and my expiration date is 6-20-2021.
New guy here and may not be using the correct terminology, but does the data service effect the Genesis connected services, Bluelink I think it is called for remote start, or the HD radio?
Thanks.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
New guy here and may not be using the correct terminology, but does the data service effect the Genesis connected services, Bluelink I think it is called for remote start, or the HD radio?
Thanks.
Data service is supplied by Sirius/XM radio and it picked up by the sat radio receiver. . BlueLink comes over a phone type receiver. AM/FM has a separate antenna also. Each operates independently.

OscarGambleNYY

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I live within walking distance of a Genesis dealer in South Jersey, and when I inquired about getting a loaner car while I wait for tires to come in - I blew a tire and am swapping all of them for Michelins - I was told that there is a backlog of at least 2 weeks for a loaner.

Is this the norm?

tissle

Getting familiar with the group...
I live within walking distance of a Genesis dealer in South Jersey, and when I inquired about getting a loaner car while I wait for tires to come in - I blew a tire and am swapping all of them for Michelins - I was told that there is a backlog of at least 2 weeks for a loaner.

Is this the norm?

100% . The brand right now is a sideshow. 100% regret my decision to get my g80 sport.
You are paying luxury price to get treated like you bought a Hyundai.

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Is this the norm?
Dealers are all "new" and still getting settled. Yes, some do not have enough loaners yet. Regular maintenance can usually be worked around so it would not be a big deal. Tires are a different situation.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Should have had them come pick up your car. They are supposed to leave you a loaner.
This is not regular maintenance, but a tire problem. The tire manufacturer would warrant them and they don't give out loaners. If the dealer gave you a car it would just be his good will.

Acpantera

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
It's been about 6 months since I have owned the car and I want to post my experience so far. Please note that I drive around 15 miles a day and I am not a huge car guy. I just need a car that can get me from point A to point B in style as well has reliability.

• Car
    • MPG is lower than the rated 18 (city) 24 (highway). I drive the car mostly in the highway and I get around 16-17MPG on both normal / eco mode.
    • The tires that come with the car are trash. It should be a safety hazard. I had to get 3 of the tires replaced already. One of them BLEW up while I was driving on a highway going 75MPG.
    • Other than the near death experience - the car it self is fantastic and it meets all my needs. I love the look and I love the comfort and feel when driving it. It was the best bang for the buck.
  • Brand & Experience
    • This is where I experienced the worst service. If you are buying this car for a luxury experience - you won't get it. Keep in mind that most likely you will end up buying the car from a Hyundai dealership and that is the service you will get.
    • I bought my car "used" with 75 miles on it. The dealership said it was a loaner car and thus comes with new car warranties. My first maintenance experience (at 3k miles) was straightforward and they did everything and I was not charged a dime. During the next one - they told me that I don't have any warranty. I even have a call with my sales guy telling me I should have warranty recorded. I escalated the issue with Genesis and it went no one where. I can go more details with this, but I will not bore anyone. At the end of the day - this was not a luxury experience.
    • Brand - my only two issues (minor issues) is that the logo makes it seem like this is a knock-off Bently or Aston Martin and people often think this is a Hyundai Genesis. They did a terrible job of marketing the brand and separate it self from Hyundai.
  • Dealership
    • See above. If you are in Atlanta, Ga - DO NOT USE RICK CASE Hyundai of ROSWELL.

If I would have to do this again - I will have not bought the Genesis. It's a shame. It's a great car but the brand and dealership experience makes me never want to get a Genesis again. I would gone to my 2nd choice Lexus GS. Side note - let me know if anyone wants a G80 Sport POLAR ICE with 6k miles.
I have a question about the "used car" "new car" thing.
Did you finance the car with Hyundia/Genisis?
My question is because I bought my 18' G80 with 1600 miles(loaner) on it as "new". "new" is stated on the sales contract and I financed with Hyundia/Genesis for 0.9%, Car manufacturers financing arms don't offer that kind of promotions on "used" cars.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport