1st impressions

jgs1564

Registered Member
I will need taking my GV70 to the dealership where I bought the vehicle to have a cracked windshield replaced. I was told that they can provide me with a G70 sedan as a loaner car, at a cost of $60 per day! Not happy with this at all! This is my first experience dealing with Genesis service and they’ve already left a bad taste in my mouth.

jgs1564

Registered Member
I usually have the windshield repair guy come to my office and just do a replacement right there on the spot. No need to go to the dealership or anywhere, really.
It’s been 3 months since the windshield cracked (caused by a rock that hit my windshield on the highway). The OEM replacement windshield is sitting on a ship near the port of LA. My insurance company gave me a choice of going through Safelite Glass or directly through a Genesis dealer. The reason I chose to go through Genesis is because they will have a replacement windshield sooner than Safelite

jgs1564

Registered Member
So not the dealers fault or a warranty issue so they have no obligation to provide a loaner for free. Besides it shouldn't take more than 1/2 day to replace.
I didn’t say that Genesis has an obligation to provide a loaner. I’m used to my local Mercedes’ and BMW providing free loaner vehicles for repair work that is NOT covered under warranty, not to mention many Toyota and Honda dealerships. I’m just surprised that Genesis doesn’t do the same, especially since they’re positioned as a premium brand.

BadTrainDriver

Registered Member
Powell, OH
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I didn’t say that Genesis has an obligation to provide a loaner. I’m used to my local Mercedes’ and BMW providing free loaner vehicles for repair work that is NOT covered under warranty, not to mention many Toyota and Honda dealerships. I’m just surprised that Genesis doesn’t do the same, especially since they’re positioned as a premium brand.
Keep in mind, this is a dealership choice not to provide you with a free loaner, not "Genesis corporate."

TBickell

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I would never have Safe-light or any other company replace a windshield on a vehicle like this that has OEM glass and needs to be calibrated for a dozen things that interact with the front glass. No way. And yep I believe it could takes months to get OEM glass from a dealer. I waited two months for parts on my GV70. It's all because if Covid and inflated gas prices and no one wants to work. Welcome to 2021.. We don't have a " shipping crisis" there are dozens of ships off the coast ready to unload. It's a WORKER crisis..

BadTrainDriver

Registered Member
Powell, OH
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I would never have Safe-light or any other company replace a windshield on a vehicle like this that has OEM glass and needs to be calibrated for a dozen things that interact with the front glass. No way. And yep I believe it could takes months to get OEM glass from a dealer. I waited two months for parts on my GV70. It's all because if Covid and inflated gas prices and no one wants to work. Welcome to 2021.. We don't have a " shipping crisis" there are dozens of ships off the coast ready to unload. It's a WORKER crisis..
What needs to be calibrated due to replacing the windshield?

GV70GUY

Been here awhile...
Northeast
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
This is a first for me I’ve never had a dealership give me a free rental for non-warranty work and I’ve owned like 40 new cars. Including Toyota and Honda’s.

Just seems if they did this for every customer having service work done would tie up a lot of cars.

But don’t disagree that being a Genesis it would be nice if they did.

blue92lx

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
This is a first for me I’ve never had a dealership give me a free rental for non-warranty work and I’ve owned like 40 new cars. Including Toyota and Honda’s.

Just seems if they did this for every customer having service work done would tie up a lot of cars.

Seriously have people seen the queue for repairs? Most dealerships of any brand are weeks out on repairs right now. What dealer has that many cars to just give out for free?

tww2021

Same experience; never got a loaner from mainstream brands (even for warranty work). When my co-worker's fairly new Lexus was having issues that took about 3 weeks to fix (covered under warranty), she got a Toyota truck as a loaner and this was before Covid.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

mikemu30

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Same experience; never got a loaner from mainstream brands (even for warranty work). When my co-worker's fairly new Lexus was having issues that took about 3 weeks to fix (covered under warranty), she got a Toyota truck as a loaner and this was before Covid.
Lexus dealer I've used provides loaners even for oil changes.

iSOBigD

Registered Member
Lexus dealer I've used provides loaners even for oil changes.
Do they charge you $500 and claim it takes 2 days to change your oil? I don't see why they would give you a loaner for a 30 min job that doesn't cost very much. I guess it's good if they do normally, but these days dealers are looking to buy back new and old cars, car rental companies have nothing available, new cars have 6+ month wait times...I can understand why they wouldn't have them available for free.

In this case since the windshield has been cracked for a while, I would just leave my car there the day they do the work and ask for a ride somewhere if it takes more than an hour or two.

dckimmd

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70

I always get a free loaner car even for minor things like oil changes. Before and during Covid.
A few months ago, I set up an appointment for an oil change and state inspection with BMW and asked for a loaner. The receptionist said they don’t do that for minor service. I said ok, will call somewhere else. She put me on hold (literally 5 seconds) came back on and offered me a loaner (new 3 series). The only thing is that you have to book a couple weeks in advance.
I guess it depends on where you live. I have 3 BMW dealerships within 15 minutes of my house.

TBickell

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I guess it all depends on the dealer. My GV70 had a major issue with the e LSD rear end needing to be replaced. It was in the shop for 2 months. Now granted this is a major repair on the new " flagship" so they had me in 3 loaner cars. A G70 then a G80 and finally a band new GV80 for a month. Anything less and they would have had a big problem. They did the "right thing".

Bellooch

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
You can have Safelite replace with OEM glass. Calibrations?

Jmar55

Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
FYI, I bought a new Volvo in 2012. I still get a free loaner even if I'm dropping the car for an oil change. I'm surprised that a high end brand like Genesis doesn't offer the same perk. I guess I'm spoiled. I do love the GV70. It's at the top of my list when I'll be in the market next year.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners