• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2.0T & 3.3TT fuel requirements

tuckerdog1

Been here awhile...
TEXAS
Just curious, do these engines require premium fuel? Everywhere I look, and on Motorweek's review of the G70 2.0T all I ever see is premium fuel indicated. The option to use regular on the 3.8 & 5.0 is one of the things that made the car attractive to me.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

KDX

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I used premium exclusively for the first 5000kms and then switched to regular unleaded. No difference in my mileage and I didn't notice a difference in the acceleration. Use premium if it makes you feel better. I have over 16,000kms now.

kenbefound

Registered Member
Springfield, MA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I used premium exclusively for the first 5000kms and then switched to regular unleaded. No difference in my mileage and I didn't notice a difference in the acceleration. Use premium if it makes you feel better. I have over 16,000kms now.
Curious, was there a reason for the switch at specifically 5000kms?

Gene Purser

Star, MS
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Bringing back this older thread, we have had a 2.0T for about a thousand miles. The dealer filled the tank on purchase. I asked him what fuel they put in the cars, he said regular unleaded. We bought the car out of state and got 32.2 mpg on the interstate home. I've been putting regular in it since we bought it. We live in a semi-rural area, close to our capitol city so we get a variety of driving. Right now we are averaging over 29 mpg. We have been driving Lexus cars for years, but I moved over to this Genesis because of positive reports AND the fact that premium fuel isn't "required". The warranty offered was also a motivating factor. In my area premium fuel is $.40 more at a minimum, and usually $.60 more depending on brand. Right now that is a 30% increase. While the difference certainly won't bankrupt us, I see no reason to use it if you don't use the additional horsepower it provides. I intend to catch the tank low soon and use a tank of premium just to see if there is a difference.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Bringing back this older thread, we have had a 2.0T for about a thousand miles. The dealer filled the tank on purchase. I asked him what fuel they put in the cars, he said regular unleaded. We bought the car out of state and got 32.2 mpg on the interstate home. I've been putting regular in it since we bought it. We live in a semi-rural area, close to our capitol city so we get a variety of driving. Right now we are averaging over 29 mpg. We have been driving Lexus cars for years, but I moved over to this Genesis because of positive reports AND the fact that premium fuel isn't "required". The warranty offered was also a motivating factor. In my area premium fuel is $.40 more at a minimum, and usually $.60 more depending on brand. Right now that is a 30% increase. While the difference certainly won't bankrupt us, I see no reason to use it if you don't use the additional horsepower it provides. I intend to catch the tank low soon and use a tank of premium just to see if there is a difference.
Nice. Let us know if you notice any difference on premium vs regular. There should be a difference in power, but it may be negligible.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
My last 2 full tanks were Regular and I can't tell if I was actually losing power or fuel economy since the weather has been ghastly!
-20C to -36C and all. Tomorrow will be my first day back driving it since last Friday so we'll see if there is a drastic difference now that the weather is milder!

xboarder

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I've tried all three grade available here and haven't noticed a difference in power.
The mileage per tank has been all over the place due to weather conditions. I'm also remote starting the car most of the time, so that's skewing the numbers too. Winter gas doesn't help either (in my previous car, it was a difference for 25-40km)

I can't wait for the summer - slap on the summer tires and proper gas.