• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2.0t brake looks

franke121

Hi guys,

We all know that the 3.3t gets the nice looking brembos. And their pictures are readily available all over the internet.

But for the more fuel economy conscious buyers, the 2.0t is a good option but there’s not that many pictures available online.

Could anyone provide a close up picture of what the brakes look like on the 2.0t non-sport trim? (The brake caliper that’s not brembo)

franke121

Oh wow ‘-‘ that looks fairly generic.
Now I feel like with the pricing revealed, 3.3t is a much better deal for the bigger engine and Brenbo brakes.
But the drawback is that the fuel economy really is pretty low compared to (any) other 350hp sedans.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Oh wow ‘-‘ that looks fairly generic.
Now I feel like with the pricing revealed, 3.3t is a much better deal for the bigger engine and Brenbo brakes.
But the drawback is that the fuel economy really is pretty low compared to (any) other 350hp sedans.
You can get the 2.0T Sport which has the Brembo's.

franke121

Oh sorry forgot to specify that I’m in the US.
From what I read at Genesis Newsroom , it sounded almost like the only 2.0t that gets the Brembos is the “2.0t MT”.

I could be happily mistaken!

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ actually, i see what the OP refers to. the Newsroom release does not call out the Brembos for the AT 2.0T Sport RWD or AWD. it is silent on the item, and the 2.0t Prestige (which the 2.0T Sport adds to) is also silent. whereas Brembos are specifically called out for the 6MT 2.0T Sport.

my guess is that the 2.0T Sport will come with Brembos regardless if it is a 6MT or a slushbox. it wouldn't make any sense to pair the dark 19" sport wheels with the base sliding calipers. but that's how the Newsroom release reads.

again, this is another reason why we'll need to see the full spec sheet 'with the dots' to indicate exactly how each trim is spec'd.

franke121

^ actually, i see what the OP refers to. the Newsroom release does not call out the Brembos for the AT 2.0T Sport RWD or AWD. it is silent on the item, and the 2.0t Prestige (which the 2.0T Sport adds to) is also silent. whereas Brembos are specifically called out for the 6MT 2.0T Sport.

my guess is that the 2.0T Sport will come with Brembos regardless if it is a 6MT or a slushbox. it wouldn't make any sense to pair the dark 19" sport wheels with the base sliding calipers. but that's how the Newsroom release reads.

again, this is another reason why we'll need to see the full spec sheet 'with the dots' to indicate exactly how each trim is spec'd.
You da real MVP!

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums