2.5T Availability?

TBickell

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
It seems like a huge compromise to go with a stripped GV70 regardless of price difference. I think the gap between the lowest trim level 2.5 and the Sport Prestige 3.5 is too large. This is supposed to be a sport/luxury SUV with power and amenities. Heck even Mazda's CX-5 comes with HUD and full leather at 40k. I don't get the strategy here. If I were not able to get this new vehicle loaded up with the 3.5 TT I would have gone for something else like a KIA Sorento X-line or a CX-9 Signature and saved 20k. I love it but there are other choices out there if your going base trim.

Quad

Registered Member
I disagree ...a base G70 looks better than a fully loaded Sante Fe. The HUD and Nappa is not enough in the Sante Fe to even compare it to a GV70. Apples and oranges. I guess tech means more to some than others although it changes every 6 months.

I guarantee you that the guy in the grocery store parking lot or Hyundai dealership could care less about your SF HUD and Nappa in comparison to the beautiful, yet base GV70.

Also wouldn't pay for a top trim GV70 near $70K unless this was my last car I would ever own.

hd222

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I disagree ...a base G70 looks better than a fully loaded Sante Fe. The HUD and Nappa is not enough in the Sante Fe to even compare it to a GV70. Apples and oranges. I guess tech means more to some than others although it changes every 6 months.

I guarantee you that the guy in the grocery store parking lot or Hyundai dealership could care less about your SF HUD and Nappa in comparison to the beautiful, yet base GV70.

Also wouldn't pay for a top trim GV70 near $70K unless this was my last car I would ever own.
So essentially, the question is do you want to impress the guy in the parking lot or enjoy certain features and functions.

Quad

Registered Member
So essentially, the question is do you want to impress the guy in the parking lot or enjoy certain features and functions.

Would rather impress myself and a Sante Fe even at top trim won't do that.

This is just my opinion but I dont a SUV that every other person in my city is already driving. Never had HUD so I won't miss something I have never had. To each their own, but I would go for a Telluride or Palisade before buying a Sante Fe.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

hd222

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Would rather impress myself and a Sante Fe even at top trim won't do that.

This is just my opinion but I dont a SUV that every other person in my city is already driving. Never had HUD so I won't miss something I have never had. To each their own, but I would go for a Telluride or Palisade before buying a Sante Fe.
"but I dont a SUV that every other person in my city is already driving." this is precisely the urge to impress others. Nothing wrong with it. Just be true to yourself.

TBickell

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70

You missed my point. I could care less about impressing anyone ( unless she looks like Paulina Gretzky), so if I were trying to stay in the 40-45k range I'd get something else that had features like HUD and vented seats that are everyday useful and will never go out of tech style. The GV70 in base trim may be better looking than most others but for my purposes I wanted the looks, power and amenities of the top trim and so far it's proving to be worth the price. I wasn't cross-shopping Hyundia's and KIA's. I was cross-shopping Mercedes and BMW's.

Quad

Registered Member
"but I dont a SUV that every other person in my city is already driving." this is precisely the urge to impress others. Nothing wrong with it. Just be true to yourself.

Not wanting to have the same vehicle as another person has nothing to do with impressing anyone.

As I previously stated, a base G70 in my opinion would be a better option than any trim Sante Fe.

Quad

Registered Member
The
You missed my point. I could care less about impressing anyone ( unless she looks like Paulina Gretzky), so if I were trying to stay in the 40-45k range I'd get something else that had features like HUD and vented seats that are everyday useful and will never go out of tech style. The GV70 in base trim may be better looking than most others but for my purposes I wanted the looks, power and amenities of the top trim and so far it's proving to be worth the price. I wasn't cross-shopping Hyundia's and KIA's. I was cross-shopping Mercedes and BMW's.

That works for you but not everyone here want or need the top trim GV70.

There is almost a $30K disparity between a base GV70 and the top trim.

Not about impressing anyone but if I want a HUD and Nappa for $40K, I would get a 2 year old Prestige SQ5 before buying the Sante Fe.

Last edited:

TBickell

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
The

That works for you but not everyone here want or need the top trim GV70.

There is almost a $30K disparity between a base GV70 and the top trim.

Not about impressing anyone but if I want a HUD and Nappa for $40K, I would get a 2 year old Prestige SQ5 before buying the Sante Fe.
Normally that Audi would be a good option but in today's upside down world that 2 year old SQ5 would cost you 52k with 25k miles on it. And that's if you could find it.

Dunbar

Registered Member
Main reason I’d get the GV70 over a Hyundai/Kia product is NVH. The Genesis is going going to be quieter on the highway due to the double laminated glass and additional sound insulation. The interior is going to feel more premium in the GV70 too. The Sante Fe is going to have some of the same interior parts and hard plastics as the base $27k version.

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
"Trade in values are thru the roof so it doesn't make any sense to lease right now."
That was your statement. It makes no sense.

Additionaly why do you think genesis will hold it's value? There is no evidence of this.

The Genesis CUVs should hold their value pretty well.

#1 indicator is sales price relative to MSRP and the GV80's ATP for the 1st half of the year was slightly above MSRP.

May not be Telluride level of resale (which is #1), but should still be up there.

Lol you realize this is an insane used car market because of the supply shortage? Just last year Genesis models were depreciating terribly. In a year or two the market will be flooded with these.
Most importantly you again failed to address your statement I qouted.

Resale of the pre-refresh G70 was better than the TLX.

That being said, resale will be better on the Genesis sedans which have already gotten the full Genesis treatment (right now, only the G80).

cruskal

Registered Member
Not wanting to have the same vehicle as another person has nothing to do with impressing anyone.

As I previously stated, a base G70 in my opinion would be a better option than any trim Sante Fe.
If you're on a budget, you would ask - Do you value features like HUD / Nappa Leather more than the base trim of a relatively luxury vehicle? People have different preferences, let's respect that and not force our opinion.

G80guy

Been here awhile...
Northeast
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
The 2.5's are selling fast yesterday there were over 26 in my area (New England) within 150 miles today there are only 5.
Most are sticker in the $45K range very few loaded ones.

PMCErnie

Ancient ‘steemed Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
I’ll mention the ‘22 Tucson here. I parked mine (silver/gray) next to a GV70 at the dealer last week. Mine is loaded. The GV70 was not. I drove mine home. 😬

Last edited:

Dunbar

Registered Member
I’ve seen the new Tucson and it looks good. My brother is considering one. I really like the styling of the new Sorrento too. If you are on a fixed budget and want all of the gadgets Hyundai/Kia definitely going to beat out Genesis in the value department.

tb3573

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I’ve seen the new Tucson and it looks good. My brother is considering one. I really like the styling of the new Sorrento too. If you are on a fixed budget and want all of the gadgets Hyundai/Kia definitely going to beat out Genesis in the value department.
Don't know if I'd specifically say value - really depends on what your individual priorities (and therefore value) define.

I do think they're to differentiate more similarly to other manufacturers. With VW, features vs. price, you probably look at a Tiguan. If your priorities are performance or handling or interior quality/luxury you look at the Q5. And, of course trim in theory gets you to the granularity you're looking for (although I still don't understand how Genesis parsed up features).

The base lines are definitely stepping it up with regard to features, design, etc. and provide a strong showing.

KusaKusa

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Here's a video review comparing the GV70 to a fully loaded KDM Tucson. You can set English subtitles.

If I recall correctly, they mention the difference in driving dynamics is significantly different from the GV70 to the Tucson. The ride may've favored the Tucson.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners