2.5T Availability?

Stevendom1987

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I disagree ...a base G70 looks better than a fully loaded Sante Fe. The HUD and Nappa is not enough in the Sante Fe to even compare it to a GV70. Apples and oranges. I guess tech means more to some than others although it changes every 6 months.

I guarantee you that the guy in the grocery store parking lot or Hyundai dealership could care less about your SF HUD and Nappa in comparison to the beautiful, yet base GV70.

Also wouldn't pay for a top trim GV70 near $70K unless this was my last car I would ever own.
Couldn't agree with you more here.

Stevendom1987

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
It seems like a huge compromise to go with a stripped GV70 regardless of price difference. I think the gap between the lowest trim level 2.5 and the Sport Prestige 3.5 is too large. This is supposed to be a sport/luxury SUV with power and amenities. Heck even Mazda's CX-5 comes with HUD and full leather at 40k. I don't get the strategy here. If I were not able to get this new vehicle loaded up with the 3.5 TT I would have gone for something else like a KIA Sorento X-line or a CX-9 Signature and saved 20k. I love it but there are other choices out there if your going base trim.
2022 Cx-9 signature interior:
2022-Mazda-CX-9-interior.jpg
Base trim 2022 gv70 interior:
IMG-20210716-WA0028.jpeg

Idk, I respect everyone's personal preference but sitting inside the latter's cockpit everyday is worlds apart for me. One feels like a luxury vehicle and one just doesn't. The extra few options I am missing (that I personally don't care about but even If I did) just isn't worth it.

Attachments

• IMG-20210716-WA0032.jpeg
    IMG-20210716-WA0032.jpeg
    190.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG-20210716-WA0030.jpeg
    IMG-20210716-WA0030.jpeg
    194.5 KB · Views: 13

Quad

Registered Member
What does the top trim Sante Fe interior looks like since most people here compare to the GV70.

The top trim and base GV70 looks almost identical beside bigger exterior air vents and some missing features but a $30k disparity.

I actually like the rear of the 2.5s a little better than the 3.5s ...not sure what Genesis was thinking there with either but at least the exhausts are real.

Stevendom1987

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
What does the top trim Sante Fe interior looks like since most people here compare to the GV70.

The top trim and base GV70 looks almost identical beside bigger exterior air vents and some missing features but a $30k disparity.

I actually like the rear of the 2.5s a little better than the 3.5s ...not sure what Genesis was thinking there with either but at least the exhausts are real.
I agree about the rears... Don't like the circles as much as the more square looking exhausts.

Stevendom1987

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

2021-santa-fe-hev-0097-phev-reveal_4-3.jpeg

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Dunbar

Registered Member
Yeah, what you can’t see in the photo is some of the cheaper harder plastics and cheaper feeling switchgear that you’re going to get in a loaded Hyundai/Kia that are the same as the base model. Not to say it’s a bad interior at all. They are doing far more interesting interiors than Toyota and Honda.

Stevendom1987

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Yeah, what you can’t see in the photo is some of the cheaper harder plastics and cheaper feeling switchgear that you’re going to get in a loaded Hyundai/Kia that are the same as the base model. Not to say it’s a bad interior at all. They are doing far more interesting interiors than Toyota and Honda.
I agree here. I've sat in one. It feels like every other car. My Genesis feels much better quality.

50jae

Registered Member
PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I haven't sat in the latest Santa Fe but I was thoroughly impressed when the pallisade first came out. The interior was definitely luxurious compared to the highlander or pilot. Shame the exterior looks so bad lol.

I think the telluride is a great alternative for a 40 to 50k suv with a huge amount of practicality, good looks, and probaby great resale value. The cons are that kia dealers are generally even worse to purchase/receive service from than hyundai dealers, and they are marked up even more than others.

G-695029

Back to the original topic, availability of 2.5T models, I ordered one on June 2, about a month later the dealer told me the ETA was Oct 7. But, I canceled my order.

I stopped into a dealer in Columbia SC that had a couple 3.5Ts in stock. It is an impressive vehicle, but the back seats and cargo area were just too small for me. I couldn't see an adult couple sitting comfortably in the back seat for any length of time. So there's a Silver model with brown interior coming to Fayetteville NC in Oct.

Let the opinions begin, but I'm picking up a new 2022 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4WD tomorrow. A bit more mainstream, more rugged, and a lot more room inside.

TBickell

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Back to the original topic, availability of 2.5T models, I ordered one on June 2, about a month later the dealer told me the ETA was Oct 7. But, I canceled my order.

I stopped into a dealer in Columbia SC that had a couple 3.5Ts in stock. It is an impressive vehicle, but the back seats and cargo area were just too small for me. I couldn't see an adult couple sitting comfortably in the back seat for any length of time. So there's a Silver model with brown interior coming to Fayetteville NC in Oct.

Let the opinions begin, but I'm picking up a new 2022 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4WD tomorrow. A bit more mainstream, more rugged, and a lot more room inside.
They did some good things to the new Pathfinder and if I was looking for that type of vehicle ( more rugged, basic SUV for hauling and some off-roading) it would be on my short list. My GV70 is a totally different animal. I bought it as a sport/luxury CUV that looks phenomenal, can put a grin on my face when I hit the go peddle hard and handle almost as well as sports car. The only off-road these 21' boot's will see is the parking lot at Costco. Rear seat space was zero concern for me but I did have a friend who's 5'10" back there for a test and he had enough room.

This is a difficult time to be buying any car as the game is totally different than it was a year ago due to good old supply and demand. I think the new Pathfinder is nice. I've watched a lot of reviews on it and they will sell very well once the pipeline is full. Enjoy it.

IGOTGAME

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I am picking mine up tomorrow they have them at Genesis of North Plainfield in NJ

IGOTGAME

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thanks it's really my wife's new SUV but I will definitely be driving it.

TBickell

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Let's here more about the performance and sound the 2.5 makes..

IGOTGAME

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
This engine is great car moves it's very quick I think people that get this engine will be super happy and I own an Audi RS 3

Rick5086

Registered Member
I’m in northern VA, and my local dealer had a few 3.5’s the went quickly, then he got row 2.5’s and my wife got one of them this week. He has 4 more scheduled before the end of the month.

songbird

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I’m in South Florida, and I’m seeing 65 2.5Ts in the tri-county area. More are coming each day, but they aren’t selling very fast.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners