2.5T Availability?

Dunbar

Registered Member
Thanks. I have a hard time with his reviews. There is a new review this morning from Car Confections who is a mid-level reviewer here in the US so maybe the embargo has finally been lifted.

Car Conections like Raiti’s Rides mostly ‘review’ dealer inventory. And they mostly just drive them around the block rather than review them. Until we see the traditional auto channels start releasing reviews I would assume the embargo is still in effect.

My dealer is up to 18 2.5T’s now in stock and 40 3.5T’s. They appear to only have sold one GV70 in the past week. The 3.5T’s don’t really seem to be selling well at all which is understandable given that you can get a well optioned German luxury SUV for $58-65k.

Last edited:

TBickell

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Car Conections like Raiti’s Rides mostly ‘review’ dealer inventory. And they mostly just drive them around the block rather than review them. Until we see the traditional auto channels start releasing reviews I would assume the embargo is still in effect.

My dealer is up to 18 2.5T’s now in stock and 40 3.5T’s. They appear to only have sold one GV70 in the past week. The 3.5T’s don’t really seem to be selling well at all which is understandable given that you can get a well optioned German luxury SUV for $58-65k.
Hmm. The dealer here in Phoenix where I go mine is blowing out what ever GV70 they get. They had one 3.5 and a few 2.5's the other day. As far as the "German's" go I couldn't find an X3 M40i or a GLC AMG comparably equipped for under 70k here 2 months ago. I almost thought about the X4 M40i but that was 72k with no vented seats and they were not budging on price.

Dunbar

Registered Member
Are they sold through Hyundai/Kia dealers in Phoenix? They don’t usually get much Genesis inventory so I can believe they are able to move a few of them. I think most people are willing to drive a lower spec car in order to drive the luxury German brands. I’m seeing BMW X3 M40i and Porsche Macan S’s in the $60-70k price range on Truecar. If you’re leasing the $900 lease payment for a GV70 3.5T will get you into a BMW X5 or Mercedes GLE. I don’t know what the GV70 2.5T is leasing for but I suspect you could get into a very well spec’d X3 or Macan for a similar monthly payment.

Chad86tsi

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Are they sold through Hyundai/Kia dealers in Phoenix? They don’t usually get much Genesis inventory so I can believe they are able to move a few of them. I think most people are willing to drive a lower spec car in order to drive the luxury German brands. I’m seeing BMW X3 M40i and Porsche Macan S’s in the $60-70k price range on Truecar. If you’re leasing the $900 lease payment for a GV70 3.5T will get you into a BMW X5 or Mercedes GLE. I don’t know what the GV70 2.5T is leasing for but I suspect you could get into a very well spec’d X3 or Macan for a similar monthly payment.

Yep, a lease is sale price minus residual with some "interest" added in. If a german comparable car has a higher MSRP but also a much higher residual, the lease will come out about the same, or even less. This is where it's reasonable and accurate to comp a $65K Genesis to a $75K Macan lease prices. Genesis has a lot of work to do to fix this gap (dealer/service/reputation), and I've seen them make no meaningful progress. Being most reliable is great, but it's not enough as reflected in the resale values. It sucks because I'd like to see Genesis succeed.

TBickell

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Residual value/lease on my top spec GV70 was figured on 61% which was higher than I thought. I did a single pay lease so I saved some on tax and interest. No way are you getting a loaded up X5 or a Macan S with anything on it for $900 a month unless you put 10 grand or more down. No way today any way.

xplicitator

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Has anybody heard anything about 2.5T availability in Canada? Seems like some in the states are starting to receive theirs.

IGOTGAME

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

The thing is people don't even know about this SUV yet. I have been driving Audi's for over 25 years and currently own a 2018 RS3 I can tell you this this SUV is amazing. Plus you get a 10 year 100.000 mile warranty with free maintenance it's a no brainer . I just picked it up this week everywhere I go people are complementing me color is sick I have the Barossa Burgundy with Burgundy interior and it stunning so happy with this purchase. Audi Q5's are like pennies they are all over the streets

Dunbar

Registered Member
Genesis of South Bay is advertising $1500 off on pretty much their entire Genesis inventory including all GV70’s and GV80’s. Hoping that means pricing will be coming down in the next several weeks/months for those of us who are patient. My local dealer was adamant $1k off was the best they could do 2 weeks ago.

Lancaster66

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Has anyone heard from Genesis or local dealers on when the 2.5Ts will arrive? Obviously looks like Genesis is delivering the 3.5Ts first.
I just purchased a 2.5T on Friday in Pennsylvania. The dealership had two other 2.5Ts on their lot that were for sale.

50jae

Registered Member
PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Genesis of Cherry Hill has 24 GV70 2.5Ts on sale besides 19 3.5Ts: Genesis of Cherry Hill | for sale in Marlton, NJ 08053

I'm actually heading down near there today for an unrelated event so planning to check out the different colors. I remember going there to test drive a G70 3 years ago and they were excellent. If dealers are able to budge towards 2-3K off MSRP and add in loyalty rebate by Fall time frame, I might have to bite. I'm glad these aren't selling, for a selfish reason.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

JTEBU15

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Are they sold through Hyundai/Kia dealers in Phoenix? They don’t usually get much Genesis inventory so I can believe they are able to move a few of them.
When I test drove a GV80 a few months ago at the Hyundai/Genesis dealer in North Scottsdale, a suburb of Phoenix, they said they were the top volume for Genesis in the nation. While I have no way to confirm this, they have a good amount of inventory which apears to change regularly.

TBickell

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
When I test drove a GV80 a few months ago at the Hyundai/Genesis dealer in North Scottsdale, a suburb of Phoenix, they said they were the top volume for Genesis in the nation. While I have no way to confirm this, they have a good amount of inventory which apears to change regularly.
I got mine from Larry Miller Hyundai/Genesis in Peoria and was told they were at the top as well. Same place? I drive by their lot regularly and they seem to be blowing out GV70's and 80's like hotcakes.

JTEBU15

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I got mine from Larry Miller Hyundai/Genesis in Peoria and was told they were at the top as well. Same place? I drive by their lot regularly and they seem to be blowing out GV70's and 80's like hotcakes.
not the same... Earnhardt. So one of them is lying! Or perhaps just streatching the truth base on certain time periods. Regardless, most likely both of them are higher volume dealers. Competition is good for the consumer.

rventu

Genesis Model Year
not the same... Earnhardt. So one of them is lying! Or perhaps just streatching the truth base on certain time periods. Regardless, most likely both of them are higher volume dealers. Competition is good for the consumer.
Funny, I think every dealership I've ever been to over the years indicates being top in volume for a brand. I purchased my GV70 from Earnhardt but in Gilbert and was told the same about their Gilbert location.

galodoido

My dealer is up to 18 2.5T’s now in stock and 40 3.5T’s. They appear to only have sold one GV70 in the past week. The 3.5T’s don’t reallyseem to be selling well at all which is understandable given that you can get a well optioned German luxury SUV for $58-65k.
plus many of us are not really sold in suede inserts seats either. I rather look elsewhere.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners