• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Genesis owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

2010 2.0 genesis coupe - overheated and now wont start! Plz help!

G-320952

Hello everyone, my younger brother was recently driving down the highway with his 2010 genesis coupe 2.0. I think one of the radiator lines blew because he said he saw some smoke but didnt think it was him. The car overheated as he got to his exit and shut off. It wouldnt start. There was an engine error code for the crankshaft position sensor. We have replaced the sensor, new spark plugs, made sure its getting gas, its getting spark as well. Idk what else to do. It will crank but will not start. My grandfather who works on cars said it may have to do with the timing any ideas on what it may be? Thanks in advance!!!

Gowjer

Genesis Model Type
Genesis Coupe
Hello everyone, my younger brother was recently driving down the highway with his 2010 genesis coupe 2.0. I think one of the radiator lines blew because he said he saw some smoke but didnt think it was him. The car overheated as he got to his exit and shut off. It wouldnt start. There was an engine error code for the crankshaft position sensor. We have replaced the sensor, new spark plugs, made sure its getting gas, its getting spark as well. Idk what else to do. It will crank but will not start. My grandfather who works on cars said it may have to do with the timing any ideas on what it may be? Thanks in advance!!!
It's got a blown head gasket. My apologies for being blunt, but I say this because it's exactly what I experienced with my genny. I'm actually finishing up on mine right now, and was here to see what I could find about "stripping threads of headbolts". I've stripped 2 so far when reinstalling them.😑