• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2010 genesis 4.6 transmission fluid recommendations

Koobieone

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Found Amsoil signiture series ATF that says on back of bottle that it’s compatible with shell m-1375.4 fluid

Koobieone

Genesis Model Type
USE the correct ZF brand transmission fluid. It is available online along with correct pan/filter.
Already ordered Amsoil...it says it’s compatible with shell m-1375.4 that genesis dealer uses for at 6hp26 German made transmission.....I had to go on my own no one would reply!!... not even feedback on zf lifeguard fluid on line that I’ve seen......

Koobieone

Genesis Model Type
Already ordered Amsoil...it says it’s compatible with shell m-1375.4 that genesis dealer uses for at 6hp26 German made transmission.....I had to go on my own no one would reply!!... not even feedback on zf lifeguard fluid on line that I’ve seen......
Seems like I’ve researched the hell out of this..... and no one else has.....tried to see if Amsoil would refund but there were absolutely sure there fluid was comparable....

Koobieone

Genesis Model Type
Seems like I’ve researched the hell out of this..... and no one else has.....tried to see if Amsoil would refund but there were absolutely sure there fluid was comparable....
Can I get some info...?????? How many liters do I need for a drain and refill on my 2010 Genesis 4.6 ???????

edizzle89

Registered Member
Columbus, IN
Genesis Model Type
Can I get some info...?????? How many liters do I need for a drain and refill on my 2010 Genesis 4.6 ???????
should be around 6 quarts, I bought 2 one gallon jugs (8 quarts) and it had a little left over.

I also went with Ravenol 6HP ATF which is made specifically for our ZF trans and was the cheapest. Did it right about a year ago and haven't had any issues.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums