2010 Genesis sedan screen stuck at navigation warning

frank4.6

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
My screen is stuck at the navigation warning not sure if it's the center button that isn't working any help would be appreciated

PMCErnie

Been here a long time....
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Is there a hole near your CD player? I think that’s a reset button. Try a paper clip to reset.

It’s also possible that your audio/Nav head unit has pegged it.

frank4.6

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Is there a hole near your CD player? I think that’s a reset button. Try a paper clip to reset.

It’s also possible that your audio/Nav head unit has pegged it.
got it I will try that as soon as I get home. What do you mean by the head unit pegged it?

PMCErnie

Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
got it I will try that as soon as I get home. What do you mean by the head unit pegged it?
On my CD/DVD player the hole is inside a silver disk that also includes a tiny light.

“Pegged it” means DIED, as in “he be dead.” It’s not a new expression.

frank4.6

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
On my CD/DVD player the hole is inside a silver disk that also includes a tiny light.

“Pegged it” means DIED, as in “he be dead.” It’s not a new expression.
I can't seem to find that hole that you described. Is there any other options?

PMCErnie

Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
I can't seem to find that hole that you described. Is there any other options?
Unless you live in the northwest woods, why not run by the dealer and ask for some quick help? They won’t charge you for a few minutes of chat about your problem. They will certainly show you where the reset button is, IF your model has one. I have a ‘12, so yours may be different. If your unit has pegged it, they will also give you the bad news about replacement cost via the dealer.

frank4.6

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Unless you live in the northwest woods, why not run by the dealer and ask for some quick help? They won’t charge you for a few minutes of chat about your problem. They will certainly show you where the reset button is, IF your model has one. I have a ‘12, so yours may be different. If your unit has pegged it, they will also give you the bad news about replacement cost via the dealer.
My alternator went out I guess it was probably a warning sign that the alternator was about to go out

G-943701

My alternator went out I guess it was probably a warning sign that the alternator was about to go out
Problem solved change the alternator no more issues with the navigation screen.