• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8L GT no start

B_Kappler2

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Coupe (2009-2016)
My car won’t start, when I go to turn on the car (push button start) the engine light starts to blink and he immobilizer light appears, the relays under the hood also start ticking at the same rate the engine light flashes. I’ve tried a new car battery, fob battery, new terminals for the battery, checked to make sure all connections were tight and checked the fuses and it still won’t seem to start. Does anyone know what could be wrong ? I’m starting to think antenna module or either the brake or clutch switch.

Easy

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
1. No where in your post do you mention checking battery voltage.

2. When you push that button, it sounds distinctly like a low battery and a starter getting low juice.

Check your voltages and report back.

E

Easy

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
emebarak, why not start another thread stating your problem and giving, as I suggested to the OP here, the voltages and where measured.

Stating for instance, the *Battery in the car is good* tells us nothing really.

mylesgen

Genesis Model Type
I’m having the exact same problem with my 2010 3.8 it starts ticking by th ecu main relay\fuse by the fuse box closest to the battery. And engine light ticks. When I start my car it sounds like a bad starter with a damaged flywheelD6C69BED-9372-443E-8A57-A9753A4A51E8.jpegF338CF17-2359-4041-B643-F91E27D9AA84.jpeg

Osmocene

Genesis Model Type
I had the same problem with my 2010 380 GT a year ago. After a few attempts to start it with a jumper box, even the dash displays died. The tow-truck operator initially insisted I had a bad battery, but the battery was only a year old and in good condition, so I wasn’t convinced! The culprit was the grounding strap, which is not the usual flexible cable, but a set of rigid, connected segments. Mine had corroded at an attachment point under the transmission. $120 to diagnose, $35 to replace. Presumably a more frequent problem here in the northeastern U.S., where they salt the roads in winter.

mylesgen

Genesis Model Type
I had the same problem with my 2010 380 GT a year ago. After a few attempts to start it with a jumper box, even the dash displays died. The tow-truck operator initially insisted I had a bad battery, but the battery was only a year old and in good condition, so I wasn’t convinced! The culprit was the grounding strap, which is not the usual flexible cable, but a set of rigid, connected segments. Mine had corroded at an attachment point under the transmission. $120 to diagnose, $35 to replace. Presumably a more frequent problem here in the northeastern U.S., where they salt the roads in winter.
Hey thanks for the reply!!! I live in the Caribbean so salt is in the air. The first problem I had before this all went downhill was because of a bad ground the black wire that connects to the ground on the battery. It was very loose. So loose you could slide it off the ground with your hands. Maybe that short Circuit My car. I ordered a brand new pdm and ecu and will program them tomorrow and will give that a try. Thanks for your reply !!! Will add to list of things to check. 👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums