2010 Turbo Performance 2.0 T

Sal Collaziano

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
These are great questions. Nobody here can answer them?

lee4697

Hasn't posted much yet...
What is the factory boost for the 2.0T and what max boost can engine and ECU accomodate without modifications?

Dean

Hmm... There are a bunch of numbers out there about the stock PSI for this car. But from searching around and asking some mechs at hyundai services you peek at about 15-16 psi.

Most ppl that i've come across keep it at 24 psi

BlueByeYou

24 psi on the stock turbo?

would i have to ordered and boost controller or is their a way to crank the boost without ordering one.?

lee4697

would i have to ordered and boost controller or is their a way to crank the boost without ordering one.?

To be honest with you and no offence to this forum but this site is pretty dead. So my best advice to you buddy is go to Genesis Coupe.com. Tons of vendors and knowledgeable people.

But to answer your question,yes, you can buy a COMMAND (piggy back) or get a reflash with a canned tune. Or just get a tune in general.

lee4697

To be honest with you and no offence to this forum but this site is pretty dead. So my best advice to you buddy is go to Genesis Coupe.com. Tons of vendors and knowledgeable people.

But to answer your question,yes, you can buy a COMMAND (piggy back) or get a reflash with a canned tune. Or just get a tune in general.

I reflashed my car and am peaking at 20psi

lee4697

and another thing. who ever made this thing automatically spell check, and undo abbreviations, make it stop doing it!!

A5phyx1at10n

Hey. I just bought a 2011 2.0T and had the same question. I went through 3 different people at the dealership to get the answer, but they say the specs are listing the 5-spd auto version (mine) @ 10 PSI of boost and it drops to 7 PSI at the shift points before re-spooling to 10 PSI. Don't know if the manual trans is any different, but I would think it's the same.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

g_137448

My 2010 I have torque app and ob2 adapter and i am running between 14 and 15 psi stock no changes. 15 psi with slap shift and 14 psi with auto. I can't drive a manual I have cold air intake and what difference in sound but i want put a tomei turbo to get the aftermarket sound not just the nice blow off sound. Can you use aftermarket turbo without tunning long as you have correct psi spring looking to spoll turbo up faster less turbo leg. Any suggestions are welcome and what would need to do to use tomei turbo. I was told bigger fuel pump bigger injectors bigger innercooler and exhaust and rad before upgrading

Geeman4242

Genesis Model Year
I read on the internet that the g70 2.0t stock runs up to 16 psi and I a jb4 and put it on map 2 which 4 psi over stock and the car push 22 psi.