2011 Genesis coupe track Mods

Taylor Dugan

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Coupe (2009-2016)
Hello everyone, I'm new to this group. I would like to know more about some performance mods for my car. I just added a K&N intake, but that's the only mod I've done so far. I bought the car over a month ago, but love it to death. Please help me... Thanks

Tenv345

Genesis Model Type
What’s up taylor. If I were you, I would start with getting some grippy, good quality summer tires, stop tech brake pads and rotors (or any reputable aftermarket brand for that matter), etc... it mainly depends on your goals for the car.

Taylor Dugan

Genesis Model Type
Thank you for the Reply Tenv345. To be completely honest, this is my first car. However, I have a lot of experience driving my dad's BMW 335is, with about 500 hp 500 torque (with a tune). That car is a complete monster. I bought this genesis coupe about a month ago, with brand new Hankooks all the way around. I know those aren't the best tire out there, but starting me out, I believe they will do fine for now. The car also came with brand new Brembo brake pads for the Brembos. Since I'm not taking it to the track, my Brembos are more than sufficient. I am in the market for new muffler though. I need something that won't wake the neighbors, but has some good depth and throatiness. I'm not necessarily on a budget, however I don't want to break the bank with just one mod.

Tenv345

Genesis Model Type
Oh ok. Hankooks are some of the best tires out there so that’s good. Muffler, I would go with a flow master 80 series. Sounds good and not too loud. No rasp either.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.