2011 Genesis Sedan Tech Package DIS Rotary Switch

brun064

Hasn't posted much yet...
Just in case anyone runs into the same issue I had with my '11 w/ tech package. The switch under the knob broke and stopped responding to being pushed "down." This caused a problem as that is the only way to get out of the navigation "nag screen" which is displayed on every car start. I disassembled the DIS control unit and found the rotary encoder switch had the part number "60AY18031" from American Grayhill. However, this is an OEM part and it's >$100 on eBay. I attempted to order one on AliExpress and it was lost in the mail. Not wanting to wait another 2-3 months and try again, I tried taking the switch apart to see if could be fixed. But it's even too small/delicate for a 3D printed replacement. I did some sleuthing and found that the actual part is 60AD18-4-M-020C. The 20C means it has a 2" cable to the pin connector. I could not locate that exact model, but I managed to find a "60AD18-4-M-060C" for about $65. This has a 6" cable leading to the pin connector. I was able to fold the cable over and tuck it in without affecting the operation (see picture). After putting it all back together it works like new. Hope this helps if anyone has the same issue.

Attachments

• IMG_3250.jpg
    IMG_3250.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 3

devilpup60

Texas
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
thanks, my problem just started this week, whatever screen I have on my display will randomly switch to the route screen.

brun064

Hasn't posted much yet...
Hmmm. That encoder only controls the knob/wheel functions. Switching to the NAV screen randomly could be as simple as a cleaning the control board with some rubbing alcohol under the buttons that surround the wheel. It's just a hex head bit to take the the DIS control unit apart and pretty easy to get back together.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums