2012 4.6 V8 A/C question

randoozee

Hasn't posted much yet...
Los Angeles
When I start car, A/C doesn't even try to cool unless I hit the fuel pedal and never really gets cold at all until I start driving. Is this normal? Also when on "auto' the fan speed varies itself depending on acceleration/stop etc. Just bought this before xmas 2015.

Thx in advance for any advice!

kn5owa

Sustaining Member
Slow cooling - may need refrigerant check - it should start cooling within 1 minute tho.

Auto A/C - variable fan speed probably normal

homeofstone

Registered Member
Athens, Georgia, USA
It may be a fan problem. It is electric and should come on when ac compressor is on and car is not moving. Your problem is not normal.

Youseethefight

Registered Member
you may need an ac recharge. i live in florida and it takes a minute to get going in the hot weather but works fine once you get going.

normally i leave mine on auto between 67-70 degrees, fan speed adjusts automatically.

if its blazing in summer here in florida sometimes i turn temp all the way down to low but still on auto.

randoozee

Los Angeles
Thx guys! I'll take it to Hyundai and have it checked out! I did buy an extended warranty but not sure that's something that's covered..

RC

randoozee

Los Angeles
Thx guys! I'll take it to Hyundai and have it checked out! I did buy an extended warranty but not sure that's something that's covered..

RC
So I took it to the dealer cuz it was still under warranty. 1500 mi to go! LOL First they told me the evacuated all freon then recharged. Picked it up 2 days later and it was blowing hotter than ever! Asked the service tech to come out and feel the air.. They took it back in and came back and said it was the fan clutch which I mentioned to them originally! Had to eat 3 days for part and it ended up needing a compressor as well! She blows how she should now and how I knew it should! Thanks again for all your help!!

Dawg

Registered Member
Atlanta Burbs
So I took it to the dealer cuz it was still under warranty. 1500 mi to go! LOL First they told me the evacuated all freon then recharged. Picked it up 2 days later and it was blowing hotter than ever! Asked the service tech to come out and feel the air.. They took it back in and came back and said it was the fan clutch which I mentioned to them originally! Had to eat 3 days for part and it ended up needing a compressor as well! She blows how she should now and how I knew it should! Thanks again for all your help!!

So how much was the fan clutch? Mine has been doing this for a year and I just make sure when I crank it after it been sitting in the hot sun and rev up the rpm's to 2,000 or so a few times and it gets it cooler. Of course getting in gear and moving really helps it.

kn5owa

Sustaining Member
If you like tools - a nice thing to have for A/C checks is an infra-red thermometer - I got a nice one for less than $20 from Amazon - dash vent temp on my genny runs 35-45 F.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums