2012 Genesis Sedan 3.8 Wheels and Tire questions

StealthyKDM

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Thread starter #1
Right now, I have stock 18"and a good amount of tread on the tires which are a 235/50/18. I've read on the forums that a 245/45/19 will fit with no rubbing issues. I just need to know how wide I could go and the approximate offset.
For tires, I live in So Cal so it hardly ever rains, so I'm looking for a summer tire with good wet traction. I was looking at the Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2. Any suggestions?

Paul

Hasn't posted much yet...
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Take a look at This Thread. It's loaded with all sorts of wheel and tire setups including offsets and tire sizes that some of the owners here have on their cars.
19's and 20's will fit with no issues and a rear fitment such as a 275 on a 10" wheel is pretty common. There's a ton of different combinations to choose and it really comes down to personal preference, wheel offset and tire size.
A lot of 1G guys go with a staggered setup which not only sets the car off, but also really changes the way that the car handles and drives for the positive. My current setup is Front- 20x9" +35 offset, 245/40-20 and Rear- 20x10" +40 275/35-20. I probably could have gone a tad wider on the front and back, but I was trying to retain as close to stock tire height as possible.
I'm currently running Continental Extreme Contact Sports which are awesome. They are super quiet, super grippy and look great.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.